Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

HCG had nominal rise - did not double, no gestational sac seen on TVUS
    Stressmgr posted:
    My daughter-in-law had negative urine pregnancy tests but positive serum Hcg. Level was 3134 (approximately 5 weeks). Level rechecked 3-4 days later and level only rose to 3300. TV ultrasound was done before this serum testing and no gestational sac seen. Plan is for another TV ultrasound tomorrow. Would this imply that the pregnancy is ectopic or at the least abnormal? If ectopic, I know they would treat with methatrexate or surgically, but if a sac is seen tomorrow, what then? Any advice?

michelle063007 responded:
    I know they like to see the levels double every two days so the 3300 would be a little low, but you never know until a doctor gives you a definite answer. Best of luck!
    Michelle 29, DH 36; m/c 6/2011--7weeks; m/c 9/2011--6weeks; m/c 3/2012--11 weeks; BFP 1/13/2013 so far so good :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well....my husband and I decided to start our TTC journey in June of 09 and got KU in August 09. We were so excited. We found out we lost our little a...More

Helpful Tips

Email Digests Are Back!
    Don't get to your favorite boards every day? We're all busy, so sometimes it is nice to have your board come to you. WebMD Community now ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    11 of 21 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.