Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HCG had nominal rise - did not double, no gestational sac seen on TVUS
Stressmgr posted:
My daughter-in-law had negative urine pregnancy tests but positive serum Hcg. Level was 3134 (approximately 5 weeks). Level rechecked 3-4 days later and level only rose to 3300. TV ultrasound was done before this serum testing and no gestational sac seen. Plan is for another TV ultrasound tomorrow. Would this imply that the pregnancy is ectopic or at the least abnormal? If ectopic, I know they would treat with methatrexate or surgically, but if a sac is seen tomorrow, what then? Any advice?

michelle063007 responded:
I know they like to see the levels double every two days so the 3300 would be a little low, but you never know until a doctor gives you a definite answer. Best of luck!
Michelle 29, DH 36; m/c 6/2011--7weeks; m/c 9/2011--6weeks; m/c 3/2012--11 weeks; BFP 1/13/2013 so far so good :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me, 31 BF, 26, 8/08 MC 8wks, 02/09 MC 6wks, 2 D&C, 3 furbabies. BFP 5/1/10, EDD 1/6/11.Mason Slade born 1/13/2011 via C-Section!!!

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.