Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Wednesday updates 9/11/13
hgreenwood7058 posted:
So I think we are all a little slow on updates haha but I thought I would start a new thread for the week-ish.

Heather and sixlet
10 weeks today

s/c: I feel...bleh. lol. I am having intermittent dizziness and muscle weakness (kind of hard to describe), nausea, vomiting sometimes, extreme fatigue, palpitations intermittently and RLP. I am falling apart lol. I am not as sick as I was with my son but the dizziness and muscle stuff is different and more frequent.

Other: We had vacation not to long ago (came back the day before labor day). It was a lot of fun. We took carson to the beach, chuck e cheese, point defiance zoo, north west trek, and to two different malls and various resteraunts and he got to play with my mom for a week (she lives about 3 hours away and so we rarely get to visit). Other than that work and more work. the joy.

next d/a: Tomorrow (9/12) reg OB check. Integrated test on 9/27
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson Lee born 3/31/12. Love this little man with all my heart
FirstPrevious12NextLast

ani05 responded:
Heather: Sorry you haven't been feeling well.The things we go through for our babies but it's all worth it. I am glad you had such a good time on your vacation.

Update: 9w5d today,Dr appt on Monday. I have been feeling so tired,all I want to do is sleep.No vomiting but I have been feeling nauseous especially at night right before I go to bed and also I have this feeling in my stomach that if I don't eat something every 2 hrs I feel like I will pass out.I usually keep crackers around when I feel like that.
Ani(31),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

hgreenwood7058 replied to ani05's response:
I had that same thing ani with my son but lots of vomiting lol. We are getting closer to 2nd tri. As bad as it sounds yay for sx. The nausea is a good indicator things are going the way they are supposed to be. Hoping my appt goes well today. Nervous because they may or may not try to check for a hb. I only saw it when I was just barely 6 weeks and it had just started so you could barely see it. I am still very symptomatic so I can only assum and hope that things are continuing in the right path.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson Lee born 3/31/12. Love this little man with all my heart

ani05 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
I hope things went all at your appt. I know you are nervous,I am too for my appt on monday but like you said you have been symptomatic so pretty sure everything is going to be ok. KUP,I'll be checking for an update.
Ani(31),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

It was an "ok" appt. We talked about the symptoms and she thinks I likely am a little deydrated despite drinking lots of fluids so to try and drink more. And that my electrolytes may be off a little so try more potassium rich foods like bananas and oranges and gatorade to see if that helps. So the not so fun scary part was the hb. I knew there was a chance they might not be able to find it but usually they can most times. Well she could't find the heart beat. She tried several times and several ways and nothing. She went and got the u/s machine to be on the safe side. While I was waiting the minute or two for her to come back I was doing everything I could not to break down because I was completely freaked. Thankfully she was able to find baby and hb on the u/s and she was able to play the hb so I could hear it on the u/s. Then I wanted to cry because I got to hear it. So lots of anxiety over that. She said we should def be able to hear it on the doppler at the next appt in 4 weeks. She printed off a picture for me to show dh as well since last time sixlet was the size of a well...line lol. Still have my integrated u/s for the 27th. Oh and my weight stayed the same in 4 weeks (well minus like 3 oz but not too bad since I had just ate and have not felt well).

Sorry for the typo earlier,I don't know what happened there.
I am glad everything turned out good.That must have been so scary with the doppler but thank God it turned out to be nothing.
I am glad you and the little bean are doing well.

I missed the typo of whatever it was lol. Oh and I forgot to add (i think), she switched me from phenergan to zofran to see if that helps with the nausea and vomiting. While i don't vomit much I have a lot of nausea and the phenergan made me extremely fatigued (on top of the fatigue I already have from being preggo). So hopefully if I need it, it will help. I have been just kind of trying to deal with it instead of medicate. I tried B complex too and that didn't help either boo. I wish i could take a nap right now!
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/13

LOL,I just took a nap a little bit ago but I had to get up to pick up DD from school. Hopefully the new medication helps and you get to take a nap soon.

I wish I could have a nap lol. On weekends I can take a nap with my lil man but other than that no such luck during the week. They kind of frown upon napping at work lol. And when I get off work its time to pick up DS and then make dinner, bath time, play time, brush teeth and bed. (for the both of us lol). Sometimes on my lunch though I just lay my head on my desk for a little bit. Lately its been kind of noisy in here though (we got a new trainer intern and right now he doesn't have anything to do so all the trainers have been talking a lot.) while I don't mind it usually sometimes it needs to be quiet to concentrate. As you can tell I am concentrating very well right now. haha.I took the meds this morning. We will see how it goes. I hate taking meds. Partly because I am still pumping (every 8-9ish hours. or 3x a day) and so there is always the potential risk to DS and I don't like that. I am closer to not pumping anymore (I used to every 2-4 hours). And my supply is barely anything now.I give it a month or two and I will probably no longer be able to pump. Bittersweet. But I made it past my goal which was a year for pumping. (then I was hoping to maybe get to 18 months). And he is 17 months now so that makes me feel better. (sorry for rambling about pumping lol). I told dh about the hb scare yesterday. I have had to go alone to all of my appointments thus far because he works at the same time and only gets 30 min lunches so we never get done in time (I have hour lunches and can go whenever). So being alone during the appts makes some of the anxiety worse. I think his heart stopped till I told him I had an u/s to make sure things were okay and that they were. I told him it really freaked me out and he said yeh I would be wondering what the "f" (insert actual word) was going on too. He is going to miss my next u/s too for the integrated screen. I am going to get the anatomy scan scheduled hopefully for after we are off (if not I am going to make him take that hour off lol). My friend is going to come with my for that u/s so long as her work day isn't to busy so that will help a lot. Boy do I ramble a lot lol.
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/13

You are very busy. I understand your worry about the medication and the breast milk.I think you did pretty good,17 months.I only made it to 12 months with DD,that's how much breast milk I had,lol.
I am not that busy b/c DD is at school until 3.30.I pick her up,we come home,she does her homework then we eat dinner.After that she takes a shower and beddtime. I don't know if you remember but I quit my job last year.Since we paid off our house and vehicles we made the decision that I would stay home b/c it would be easier if I got pregnant again. I am going in on Monday,I have no idea what we are doing,I didn't ask my Dr.,will see.

Yep I definately keep busy. I am having some troubles with dehydration. I noticed the dizziness does get a lot worse if I haven't had enough to drink. Though i feel like I drink a bunch. This weekend I didn't get a nap either. I had some housework I had to do and I wanted a shower. Carson has really been acting out a lot lately. Esp over this weekend. I am not really sure what his issue is. It gets worse when he gets tired but usually I make him nap before that happens. This weekend though naps didn't make a difference. I love the little booger but good grief it felt like the terrible twos hit hard lol. (and he still has a little over 6 months before he hits two). Stinker. How do you feel with staying home now? Getting used to it or do you have troubles with going stir crazy? I can't afford to stay home because we just bought a house. And I make about $9.50 an hour more that DH does so we really can't afford it. I have a couple past PAL people who are now SAHM and one has a 2nd PAL baby who just turned a year and one that has a LO who is a few months old and sometimes feel like they are a little closed in being in the house. Heck I feel that way on the weekends sometimes so I grab carson and we usually go out and about. This weekend I just felt yuck tastic so unfortunately carson didn't get to go anywhere this weekend except dropping daddy off so he could go to a football game. Poor kiddo. He is a very busy boy.
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/13

any guesses on what your little is going to be? With carson i knew from like 10 weeks on that it was a boy. It was just a gut feeling. This time I am back and forth because there are only a few things that are the same in this pregnancy but a lot is different. DH wants a girl. I am happy either way it goes. I would be happy if it was a boy because then carson will get to have a best buddy/ little brother (and I saved 90% of his baby clothes so thats kind of nice). But I would also love a girl because I have always wanted a girl. Healthy is the important part obviously though. My sister and our brother are both expecting too. My sister another boy (she will have 1 girl and 3 boys). And this is my brothers first so it could go either way. They both live a few hours away though and my brother hasn't even met carson yet. My sisters 3rd baby is 19 days older than carson. Fun times.

I am happy either way too.DD wants a baby brother bad. I don't know what to think,symptoms are totally different compared to when I was pregnant with DD. If I go by the HB myth should be a girl b/c of 154 but I don't know if I believe that.
A friend is telling me that I will have a boy b/c I am showing so early and little boys are bigger but I don't know about that either.
I try to keep busy at home,there is lots to do around here and I love cooking so that takes some time.I try to walk my dog but lately I haven't done it b/c he weighs 110 lbs and sometimes pulls me and I don't like it now that I am pregnant. Also,around lunch time I skype with my family overseas and that takes some time.
DD still does the same thing just like your son,when she is tired she gets very grumpy and nothing makes her happy until she falls asleep.
Lots of babies in your family.That's great.

vybe77 replied to ani05's response:
Hello ladies..I hope you guys don't mind my dropping in (lurking)?
Well I wanted to express just one tiny opinion on the sex of baby subject and Ani I also think you are having a boy...in my family the myth goes anything over 160 is a girl and my baby girl's HB always varied between the late 160's but usually she sat over 170 and with both my boys they never went close to 160 (always in the lower 150's and the late 140's)...and yes I know it's just a myth and yes I have predicted wrong before (this poor woman I worked with was expecting baby #4 and already had 3 boys and was obviously wanting a girl bad and because her HB was so high (in the 160's I think) I had told her about the myth and she got all excited and then found out it was again a boy! To say the least I was mortified of having told her about it so the best bet is to just wait and find out but there is something to be said about having a feeling..for my last I just knew he was a boy because during a bath one day (when I was still in my 1st trimester) I heard him talk to me (I know it sound weird but I swear!) and baby told me he was a little boy and would you believe it it really was! But for now I am on the boy wagon for you Ani but time will tell
As for you Heather IDK yet lol...
I am very happy to see both you ladies enjoying these last few weeks of the 1st trimester...it makes me a bit jealous (but a good jealous) that you gals are here again...I just feel like I never got to win against whatever was stopping me from carrying past the 1st trimester and now I never will have that chance because we are totally decided on not having anymore babies...Chris and I still co-habitate but still are not an item.. we do counseling once in awhile and time will tell for us where we will end up (relationship wise) but as for more babies we have decided to stop shop and enjoy the blessings we already have...if God sees it fit to surprise us in the future then so be it (because I haven't gotten the tubal and don't plan to and Chris isn't operated either and we don't use any protection, I just count days) but there will be no more planned attempts at TTC and I am fine with that because of my daycare...I've been discussing it with another lady from Web and while she is still TTC and frantically trying to understand I am really calm about it all..I look at all the stuff that would have to change in order to have another child and I find myself loving the life I have now..no more car seats and night time feedings and no more bottles and teething and all that really fun stuff...I do wish we had been able to have another together but the kiddos I see and love everyday with my daycare are providing me with all the baby I need right now!
My goodness I am so sorry for rambling on like this all I wanted to do is give my two cents and apparently they turned into two dollars!!
I'm just happy to see you both here and well and to know that soon you both will be in that 2nd trimester...xoxo
Vicky 35 and Chris 33
His and hers family of 4 kids
Mine-DD Emily 13..DS Kody 10
His-DD Rinoa 12
Ours-DS Maxim 4

ani05 replied to vybe77's response:
Don't mind you lurking here at all. It's really nice that you dropped by and please do it again.
Sorry that you decided to stop trying,that's not an easy decision after you have tried for so long to have another little one.
You know,before I got this last BFP I was telling DH that we should give up trying and learn how to accept that so I know it's hard to reach to that conclusion. God surprised us in a big way so maybe God will surprise you too.
If everything will still be ok we should be able to learn the sex of the baby before thanksgiving and of course I will post it as soon as it happens.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 30, my DH is 37, and we have a 2 wonderful boys and a chihuahua named Wonton =) We started TTC in April 2010 and got a BFP right away, but h...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.