Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Updates 09/23
ani05 posted:
Well,I thought to post a monday update.
My update:
11w3d today,gained 3 lbs.til now. I have been feeling a lot better,morning sickness almost gone. Next Dr. appt. is on October 14th unless there is something wrong of course. I can't believe that I'll be 12 weeks on friday,I am praying that everything keeps going well.
Ani(31),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Good morning Ani yay for feeling better. You are past your scary point now right? Thats a plus. I hit two of my scary points (about 6 weeks and 10 weeks. When I had my mc I was supposed to be 10wk approx and I was only measuring 5w6d or something like that so thats a plus. But will feel alot better once 2nd trimester hits)

My update:

Will be 12 weeks on wednesday

w/g: zero to -1 since my last appt (depends on the day and what I eat)

sx: nauseated off and on but better than it was. Getting sick not as frequently. I can go a few days without though the last two mornings I have gotten sick (no fun especially if your at a store. at least I was close to the bathroom). RLP big time. Dizziness and muscle issues still. Dizziness is the worst. And tired. but what else is new lol

other: umm Carson has to go to the dr next monday for his 18mo well child check. (flu shot time too). I am curious to see just how big he has gotten.He feels like he has grown a bunch. This kiddo is already over half my height and until i get bigger he is about a 1/4 of my weight. So he is a moose to me right now lol. Insurance did not cover my 1st u/s boo. At least it wasn't overly expensive (since I work at the medical facility. They do a small write off. So instead of close to $400 I will be paying $258. Still more than I was expecting since I was expecting to pay 10-20%. Apparently have not met my deductible yet though. At least all blood work is 100% covered. And office visits and specialty visits are only $20).

next d/a: Integrated u/s and blood work is friday (12w2d), OB 10/10 and then 2nd set of integrated blood work is around the week of the 14th (will get the results sometime after that).
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/13

ani05 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Hopefully you'll feel better as it's almost the end of the first trimester.Dizziness is the worst,I am still taking my progesterone twice a day and for about one hour after I take it,it makes me really sick.I can't even stand up,I get dizzy and drowsy.I can't wait to finish taking them which will be this thursday.
Sorry your u/s is so expensive. I paid for both of my u/s b/c of the deductible and I had to pay $160.00 for one.
Ani(31),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

hgreenwood7058 replied to ani05's response:
I found out that its because I haven't met the deductible yet. I am curious though if I have to meet the family deductible or if I just need to do the individual (if you have the high deductible you have to meet the family one. Not sure about mine though. I prob should have asked that. Though after this next u/s I will probably know). So I have to pay $258 this time. And then if individual deductible I will have to pay about $242 for the next one. Then I will only have to pay 10% after that for the u/s. Which is much better lol. My lab work says 100% paid but if I haven't met my deductible yet I will prob be charged for the integrated testing (2 draws). Unless they charge for the u/s first. I hate the waiting game. $500 deductible for individual. $1000 for family (son and i are on the same plan. hubby is on a separate plan because its cheaper that way. $40 a mo for him $218 for son and i. Though it would be over $400 a mo to have all of us on the same account for the same thing. Fun times. Though I will be paying $400 or so after this one is born. Yuck lol). Fun times. yeh I hope the dizziness resolves soon. It makes it so hard to concentrate. I am trying to drink more and eat more potassium rich stuff. But that only helps a bit. Hopefully this lil one is nice and it will get better in 2nd tri (with carson I was about 21-22ish weeks before I wasn't getting sick every day but still had nausea for a while after that).

Yay for being almost done with the progesterone pills. When do you start the shots? Did you talk to hubby about doing them for you?
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/13

babyj1017 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Heather and Ani:glad you are both feeling better and nearing the end of the 1st tri. Yay for milestones!!

My update: 20lbs so far at 27w6d. A little more than what I expected so far, but I'll take it. Had my (almost) 28 week appointment today. Baby was super active (normal for the lo) so we had a hard time listening to the beat longer than a few seconds at a time. Blood pressure is still in check, though slightly higher than last time. Protein in my urine sample neither increased or decreased since last visit. Big news is baby is measuring 5 weeks ahead of schedule!! Yikes. I was "measuring perfectly" at my last appointment, so the big jump was unexpected. Good news is I get another chance to see this lo as my OB ordered another sonogram. That is scheduled for next Thursday. Next OB appointment is 10/9... Moved up to biweekly appointments!!
Jenny(32), DH(35) DD(7), DS(5), m/c(5/2012.

ani05 replied to babyj1017's response:
Jenny,yay for LO being so active. 5 weeks ahead,that is pretty big news. Did your Dr. say anything about the protein in the urine? I guess as long as blood pressure is good it should be ok.
Heather: I forgot to write earlier that both of my m/cs were at 6 weeks,so I am glad I am pass that but still scared.
Hubby is on board about the shots,he will do them. They will have a nurse showing him how to. I am happy about that.I'll know more about the shots on my next appt.

vybe77 replied to ani05's response:
Ani & Heather- I am super happy that you both are starting that 2nd trimester this week!! It's always a joy when things turn out so positively
Jenny- 5 weeks ahead!! Are you having a full grown football player?! I am joking but seriously maybe this means you will deliver early?
Keep all the good news coming and I can't wait to hear how Michelle's delivery went...I still can't believe she is now holding her LO after all the heartache she had to go through she is finally holding her little rainbow baby!! I feel so happy for all of you ladies that my heart is bursting for joy right now
Vicky 35 and Chris 33
His and hers family of 4 kids
Mine-DD Emily 13..DS Kody 11
His-DD Rinoa 12
Ours-DS Maxim 4

hgreenwood7058 replied to babyj1017's response:
Jenny- oy on the 5 weeks ahead. Hopefully its just due to a big growth spurt. I started out around 20 weeks where my belly was measuring a week ahead. When I went into labor they had to do a BPP and the tech kept asking me if I had gest diab or if I was told I was going to have a big baby (I was 37 weeks). My doctor told me he was expecting a 6lb baby and when carson came out at 7lb5oz and 21 inches long at almost 3 weeks early he was a little shocked lol. Yay for biweekly appointments. I also gained about 20lb around your time too (then it just kept going up ugh lol. I gained a total of 40lb). Yay for bp being good still and yay for protein not getting worse. It was hit and miss when I had protein in my urine. I started getting more towards the end but I ended up having mild pre-e. So I am glad yours is stable as of right now. Yay for u/s. We have your integrated screen friday and I am really looking forward to seeing his/her little face. Hopefully will particpate (we couldn't find the hb on doppler at my last appt so they did a quick u/s to make sure everything was okay and he/she was facing my spine and refused to turn our way. Ob even poked him/her and it wiggled a little bit but wouldn't budge. So we go a pic of the back side lol.-looked like a big peanut lol).

Ani- yay for hubby doing the shots. I know you were nervous about that. And yay for being past the scary time. Still scary but past some milestones which is always a plus.

Vicki- How are you doing? I can't wait to see Michelles birth story. Hopefully it went perfectly and she is just relaxing with her LO.

ani05 replied to vybe77's response:
Thank you so much Vicky! You have always been there for us. I hope you are doing good.

babyj1017 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
LOL Vicky! Hubby is 6'5" and about 250, so maybe I just lucked out with my other two. They were 7#3oz and 7#13oz, but also almost two weeks early. But they never measured ahead by any significant margin.

I hope, hope, hope to go early with this one, too, though the first two I was induced for medical reasons. But, we shall see. I may have high fluid causing the size difference, or maybe baby was just all stretched out.

Also anxiously awaiting an update from Michelle!

On a side note... I got my Tdap vaccine yesterday and holy mother my arms hurts today!! It burned when the nurse gave it to me yesterday, but it is sooo sore today, even just lifting my arm hurts. Now I feel bad for not having a little more sympathy when my kiddos get this vaccine, lol.
Jenny(32), DH(35) DD(7), DS(5), m/c(5/2012.

hgreenwood7058 replied to babyj1017's response:
TdaP almost always 95% of the time makes your arm sore. Make sure you keep moving your arm though because if you don't it will get more sore. At least its not one that is given often except in the very beginning of babyhood I am not due for mine for another few years. Hope all goes well with the u/s!

Spotlight: Member Stories

37yr. 19yr DS born 91. 95 M/C 13yr DS born 97 from 1st marraiage. Remarried Sept. 26th, 2009. M/C 11/10.

Helpful Tips

How & Why To Trigger A Post
Because we know there are sensitive issues our Members would like to discuss on our communities we have a label called a "Trigger". We want ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 44 found this helpful