Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Update
ani05 posted:
Hello ladies! Hope you had a good weekend.
I am 14w3d today and I had a Dr. appt. Everything is going great,HB(152),urine and blood tests turned out good. 2 weeks from today I start my shots,once a week until week 37 of the pregnancy. The pharmacy is going to mail the medication to me monthly.Oh,and w/g is 5 lbs.
So far so good,I can't believe it yet.
Heather,I read in one of your posts about your grandmother passing,I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Ani(31),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

babyj1017 responded:
Ani - congrats on a great appointment! Everything sounds great so far. Good luck with the shots, that would be hard for me. I'm fine with needles and other people giving me shots, but I don't know if I could do it myself.

My update - 31 weeks today - down to single digit weeks!!! Level 2 u/s is this Thursday, I'm looking forward to seeing this LO again and have so far been able to keep the negative thoughts at bay.

My weight gain is right around 23 lbs. OB made me feel a little better about the by saying quite a bit of that will be water weight from the excess fluid I have. I love him, lol. I'm feeling pretty good. I've been having a lot of braxton hicks lately, some of which have been fairly painful, not just tightening. Not sleeping great as it's become quite a production just to roll over but I'm getting enough to function, so I won't complain too much.

In other news, my DD had her consultation with the ENT yesterday for her recurrent strep. He recommended a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy (sp?). She's scheduled for surgery next Tuesday. She seems to be handling it well, but I'm nervous for her. I just hope she tolerates the pain well. She'll be out of school for a week.

I'll update again on Thursday after my appointment. Have a great week, ladies!!
Jenny(32), DH(35) DD(7), DS(5), m/c(5/2012.

ani05 replied to babyj1017's response:
Jenny,I can't wait till thursday,I'll be thinking about you.Sorry about DD,I hope eveything goes well and she will heal soon after the procedure.
Same with me about needles but DH is going to help me. I have heard that they are pretty painful and that women limp for a few days after the shot.Fun times but I'll do anything so that this one won't be born a preemie.
Ani(31),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Hello ladies. Hope you had a good weekend.

Ani- Woohoo for a great appointment. Boo for shots but def worth it to keep that little one in as long as possible.

Jenny- woohoo for single digits. and can't wait to hear about the u/s. Love seeing the LO on the screen. It is pretty common for them to do the adenoids at the same time as the tonsils because it usually also has problems so it avoids a second surgery. (easy way to say it is T&A. makes spelling so much easier haha). The recovery is pretty good and easier especially when they are younger. Mainly just keeping hydrated and popcycles or cold things as tolerated. And pain meds as needed. (prior to transferring to the IT department I worked as a float in a fairly large medical center so I worked in several departments including ENT. Not as often as others but I helped schedule surgeries and things. My favorite thing was giving people injections though haha. I am weird I know.)

My update:

I will be 15 weeks tomorrow. I had my appointment last thursday. All is well HB was in the 150's to 160. She found the HB immediately which was nice. I am at 1lb from last appt but still -2 from prepregnancy. So not to bad. This was the same way as with my son. Then I had a huge jump between appointments. Dr just said we would watch it. I have my blood draw on friday and then next appt not till 11/8. Then they will schedule my anatomy scan that next week woo hoo. (i gotta know lol).

other: we had our family pictures done on sunday. Can't wait to see them. We did see a preview of one. She pm'd me because it is likely they one we will use to announce to the rest of the family. Its cute.Grandma's funeral was last thursday also. It was ok. My aunts kids were being kind of disrespectful in how they were acting and playing around (9,11,13. contantly laughing, punching each other because one took the other ones seat, laying in the benches playing with things they weren't supposed to, etc..). I got to spend some time with my brother last week. Last time was for part of a day about 3 years ago. Its been awhile so it was nice. Other than that just tired and trying to get through work without falling asleep.
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

ani05 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Heather,glad that everything is going well.Hopefully you'll get some of your energy back.
Glad that you spent some time with your brother even though it was a sad day.Hopefully you are having a good day.

babyj1017 replied to ani05's response:
I had my level 2 u/s this morning (for the record, it really was no different than all the other u/s' I've had). Baby looks perfectly healthy which is a relief. Nothing to indicate baby has swallowing issues, stomach and kidneys all look great.

However, I now officially have idiopathic polyhydramnios. "Idiopathic" meaning they can find no reason why I have excess fluid. My Amniotic Fluid Index measured 26 cm today, that is up about 10 cm from two weeks ago, which also accounts for my fundal height measurements increasing faster than they should.

I am not considered high risk, but will be monitored by a Maternal Fetal Medicine doc in addition to my regular OB. I will have u/s at least every two weeks from here on out, perhaps more often depending on what my fundal height measurements do.

Only potential complications at this point are pre-term contractions (which I think I'm having, but very, very spordically) and pre-term labor. I see my regular OB on Wednesday, so we'll see if he changes up my visit schedule or not.

All in all, I feel good about the appointment. Neither my OB or the MFM OB seem overly concerned, but I'm happy with the increased monitoring, just in case.

hgreenwood7058 replied to babyj1017's response:
Glad all looks well with little one. Also glad that yu will be monitored more closely just for safety purposes. At least he/she has plenty of room to swim
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

ani05 replied to babyj1017's response:
So happy that the baby is doing well. I just wanted to tell you,please keep an eye on those contractions.I don't want to scare you b/c every pregnancy is different so this doesn't mean anything but I feel like I need to mention it. When I was 29 weeks pregnant with DD I started having contractions here and there and little more egg white mucus so I called my Dr's office and they told me not to worry b/c it sounded normal and I believed them. I delivered my daughter at 30w3d.I knew that there was something wrong and my fears came true.After that happened I got a very good advice from a friend even though it was too late,if you think something is not right go straight to the ER b/c you know your body so you know when something is different.
Hopefully I didn't worry you too much with my story,if I did I apologize.I just felt like sharing my story.
I think everything is going to be ok and it sounds like your Dr is taking good care of you.

babyj1017 replied to ani05's response:
Thanks for the concern, Ani! I was actually induced with my two, so I don't really know what it feels like to go into labor on my own. I will definitely keep a close eye on them. They're painful, but not intensely so and I"ve never had more than 2 or 3 in an hour or so. I'll be sure to bring it up to my dr on wednesday.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, My name is Rachel, I live in Virginia. I spent six years in the USNavy where I met my DH. We have been TTC for about 4 yrs. I had a BFP 9/08 a...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.