Skip to content
it's ME! :) (possible TRIGGS)
shanastash posted:
wow, time flies! about 2 weeks ago, i saw that you ladies were asking about me... i am here! the next day though, was my fishie's anniversary of the loss. 4 years. WOW! it was tough on the anniversary of finding out (9th) but it was easier on the ann of the loss (10th). but, i am better!

let's see, i am 36 weeks tomorrow! and i am measuring at 2 cm but still long. the nurse gave me her prediction, although she normally doesn't say them outloud because mom's usually take it to heart, but she knows i won't! she gave me til 38 weeks. ha! so, if she's right, that would put me at having this BOY on November 7th! I have a induction with a c-section date for november 19th. if i go into labor (just conx) before 37 weeks, they'll stop them. but if i am after 37 weeks (halloween!) they'll let me progress naturally but probably still end up having a c-section. oy!

today though, here is the TRIGGS, i found out that one of my co-workers had a miscarriage in July. she and i have been very rocky and bash heads quite often and just in the last week or so, she has chilled BIG TIME...today she told me that she miscarried and how hard it is to see pregnant women, blah blah blah. and how she feels like a horrible person because she wants to be happy for them (and me) but she just feels empty. i said some words that i thought would help and it seemed to. but the words that got her to tear up was when i told her that even when i was pregnant with my daughter, i would be mad at the same time because she wasn't the baby that was suppose to be inside me. before that, i told her that i felt so empty. that no matter what you do, you can't feel that void. which then lead into my comment about my daughter. and that i still have that void, even 4 years later. i ended up crying in front of her. and somehow, she told me, without using those words, she told me that she was happy for me and it was easier to talk to me about my pregnancy because of how i had a miscarriage and how i am still grieving. it's weird how THAT can bring someone together. to bond someone. ... i told her about the Open Arms support group that my hospital has incase she needs it, either now or later. i told her how if she wants to, they have funerals for babies. and which funeral home my baby is at. ...

so, here i am. i am here! just busy busy busy!!! thanks for asking about me!!!
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 Jennaraya Kailani born 11.16.10 @ 11:48 pm, 8 lbs. 1 oz. 20.25 inches long!

babyj1017 responded:
SHANA!!! It's so good to hear from you and to see you and baby are doing well! I can't believe how close you are to holding that sweet baby!

Hoping the next 2-4 weeks fly by for you! Keep us posted!
Jenny(32), DH(35) DD(7), DS(5), m/c(5/2012.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Hi Shana so glad to hear from you! Boy that went fast lol. Sounds like your trying for VBAC or is it that baby is breach? I can't remember. I get to find out what I am having around the 2nd week of november around the same time you will be 38 weeks , woohoo for being so close to meeting yur little guy. Dr's are hit and miss on predictions. My dr told me I would probably make it to 40 weeks or there abouts with my son. I went into labor 37w2d and had him 37w4d (I felt he would be early around 38 weeks and everyone just said its wishful thinking. even I was off a little but was right on being early). I don't have the feeling this time. I do have to have a csection though .

Its sad when a loss is how you bond but at the same time sometimes its easier to see the light at the end of the tunnel because you can share experiences and you understand their pain and vice versa. I have bonded with my step cousin over this very same thing. We both experienced a loss around the same time and so we were able to talk about it. My heart aches for her because she is still trying 3 years later she has had 3 more m/c since the first one. I try to be a big support person for her because a lot of people will say "oh your still young" or "it will happen when it happens" or "god has other plans" blah blah which is so frustrating because you so want to smack the people that say it because they don't understand. No one does unless they have gone through it. She now watches my son who absolutely adores her and her husband and she will watch this little one I am now carrying as well. She spoils my son constantly. Its kind of a way of coping for her. She has to go through fertility treatments and its rough. But she can see the light and see that things are possible when she looks at my son. Its sad thats the way we ended up bonding but we ended up being a great support for eachother when others weren't so helpful. Kind of like this board .

With that said I can't wait to hear your birth story! Well maybe a little longer but still looking forward to it. Have you decided on a name for your little guy?
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well....my husband and I decided to start our TTC journey in June of 09 and got KU in August 09. We were so excited. We found out we lost our little a...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.