Skip to content
After miscarriage can hcg levels drop quickly then remain the same 2 weeks in a row?
billirubina posted:
Hello please help! I had my last normal menstrual period on september 24. On October 24 i took a pregnancy test because i was having some symptoms. It was possitive howver i got my period that spotted at first bled heavy the following day and then it was gone. My period usually last 3 days. I took a beta on October 27 and it was at level 11. My obgyn told me to get another test 2 days later id did and was 86. She continued to monitor my hcg levels because i started spotting. On the 30th of October had another blood test levels were at 395, then started bleeding and the levels came back at 145. Had ultrasound before and after bleeding but no sac was found and thin endometruim. She confirmed i had a miscarriage and that i should test again in two weeks to see if i was back to zero on November 12 i tested and level were 34. By then the sore breast symptoms had dissappeared. Tested again one week later and hcg levels are 34 has not changed and have sore breast again, ultrasound shows nothing endometrium is 4mm and started bleeding lightly so i thought its af starting. And i have not stopped spotting since the miscarriage. no d&c was performed. But this is driving me crazy i just want to ttc again..can anyone tell me whats wrong?

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Triggs for post above.

sometimes it takes a bit to get all the hcg out. Your spotting so it sounds like your body is trying to finish getting everything out. Hopefully your body will get back to normal soon.It took me almost 3 months after my m/c to get my cycle back but I was further along and I have PCOS. Are they going to retest your blood or are they going to have you wait it out? If you are going to begin ttc again, as soon as you get your positive you should have them check your progesterone. It sounds like you may have low progesterone since your lining was very thin and it should have been thickening. Best wishes.
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

billirubina replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Thank you so much for replying, I will give it some time

Spotlight: Member Stories

Maggie (33), DH (38), DS (23m) & LO#2 is on the way 3/30/10...We're having a surprise! We are watched over by 3 little angles.

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.