Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday 12/2/13
hgreenwood7058 posted:
Good morning ladies. Can't believe its December already. Hope everyones thanksgiving went well. Did anyone do black thursday/friday or cyber monday?

My update:
21w5d with baby girl. Still yet to be named. Thats okay. Getting kicked more often which is awesome minus when she kicks an ovary or something vital (hurts just a tad lol). My cousin in-law had their baby on the 30th. 1 day before baby boys due date. Perfectly healthy. I told his gf to time her contractions because she had posted on fb about her due date being the 1st and that she was experiencing some strong contractions. Had a feeling she was in early labor.Yep. When she got to the hospital and he was born in less than an hour so she got to do it all natural. Kind of jealous of her labor and delivery lol. I have an OB appt on friday. They will schedule my u/s and for about 2 weeks after that. And then that same week I will do the GD testing. Fun times. After that its christmas eep. I did black thursday/friday shopping. Mostly thursday. Made DH watch carson. I got carson a motorized ridy today (a little monsters U one) and then got DH a Tool box thing. (that was very heavy especially being 21 weeks pregnant and bymyself).And then some other much smaller things lol. Thanksgiving was good. Went to my aunts. It was drama free which is always nice. Other than that doing good. Hope you all are too.
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

babyj1017 responded:
Good Morning!

Heather - congrats to your cousinf on the baby! And yay for kicks! Your pregnancy seems to be flying by!

We did a little black Friday shopping, nothing crazy and didn't get up early or anything. I was able to get some really good deals on some clothes for the kids at Children's Place. I am getting so antsy to by this little one gender-specific clothing!! That's what I've told everyone I want for Christmas for the baby... clothes! I also did little cyber-monday shopping yesterday. DH has been wanting a laptop. He's self-employed and also highly involved with our church and two athletic associations with our kids' school (actually just started a basketball league for k-2nd grade girls). Anyway, he spends a ridiculous amount of time in his office on the computer. THe hope is with a laptop, at least he might be able to sit in the living room and pretend he's spending quality time with us!! LOL. Poor guy. It's just a very busy time of the year for him and I think the anxiety of throwing a new baby in the mix is starting to get to him.

My update: 38 weeks today. Boy am I ready to have this baby! At my appointment last week I was a finger tip dilated and soft, so hoping for some progress over the past week. I go back for my regular appointment tomorrow, so we'll see. If I've progressed, we may discuss possible induction next week. I also have another u/s on Friday to check fluid and baby's size.
Jenny(32), DH(35) DD(7), DS(5), m/c(5/2012.

hgreenwood7058 replied to babyj1017's response:
Ahh can't believe your almost done Jenny. Its crazy lol. Can't wait to hear the birth story and if you so happen to post pictures or send me a pic in a pm lol. Thats exciting. Hopefully all continues to go well and that little one will come out sooner or later lol. Have you decided on names for boy or girl? And woohoo for maybe getting more face time with hubby lol. My husband is currently doing online schooling as well as us both doing full time work and having little toddler man running around so we don't see much of eachother either unless he needs help with math. Fun times. He is 75% of the way done so yay for that. I think he has like 2.5 quarters left and then he is finished.
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

ani05 responded:
Good Morning Ladies! I am so glad you are doing good.

Heather: how did you move around a tool box? It's a good thing that you got the Christmas gifts.I like shopping but it's so stressful around Christmas time.

Jenny: Wow,38 weeks.We will miss you.It's just going to be Heather and I left here but so glad that you'll get to see your little one soon.

Update:22w,same as Heather now.
Today I am super tired, we went to visit my family in Florida and got back home late last night. I think b/c I was on my feet a big chunk of the day yesterday and then just sitting in a plane my feet and legs are pretty swollen. I have been in bed since we came back, hopefully the swelling goes down.
Next appt :Dec. 23rd: Check-up and transvaginal u/s to check the cervix.
Ani(32),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

hgreenwood7058 replied to ani05's response:
Good morning Ani.

The toolbox was not easy! lol. Someone lifted it into the cart for me which I was thankful for. But the person who was supposed to shop with me had her car die so it was just me. I had to have that and a ridy toy for carson in a cart down part of a street (slick with not good shoes oops) and into a different parking lot. Then pulled the ridy toy out and dumped the cart on its side because I couldn't lift it out of the cart. Then not so easily and a few attempts later got it in the back seat of my little car. Fun times... I covered it with a sheet and blanket and told DH not to look in my car lol. When he wasn't home I put my car in the garage, opened the door on both sides and pushed it out of my car. Its in the same location pretty much as I shoved it out lol.

Did your due date change by the two days? If so yay for a little sooner lol. And yay for 22 weeks. Only 2 more weeks for viability. I also miscalculated on when I am due for my u/s to recheck baby belly. If they do it exactly 6 weeks from my last one it will put it on christmas eve. The clinic closes at noon. I am going to ask if it can be done a day or two early so it can just be done. I will find out when we schedule at my ob appt on friday.

Boo for swelling. its likely from all that sitting on the plane. And then standing a lot. Its oh so fun. How did the trip go? Florida sounds nice right now. Its like 20 degrees out right now lol.

ani05 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
It was pretty nice,DD didn't want to come back.It's like 20 degrees here too and snowy. Quite a difference in temperature when we landed.
I still have the same EDD, she said that we'll keep the same date.
Good job keeping the presents hidden. It is pretty hard sometimes.
Ani(32),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

hgreenwood7058 replied to ani05's response:
I have the rest of DH presents in a wipes box (the ones that hold like 7 packages of wipes) lol. The rest of everything else is in spare room closet where my clothes are so no one goes in there but me. I wouldn't want to come back from warm weather either. lol. I am not a fan of cold or snow. And I am hungry! lol. I have been hungry for like 2 hours and have yet to figure out what I want to eat.

babyj1017 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Appointment Update: I need to vent. I had my 38 week appointment yesterday. Once again, I had to see a different OB as my usual was not available this week. I really dislike the OB I saw yesterday. He's very dismissive and frankly, an arrogant ass.

Anyway, my BP was high at 134/90... norm for me for this pregnancy has been about 120/70. He made mention of it and told the nurse to retake the BP at the end of the appointment.

He took my fundal height measurment and kind of raised his eyebrows but wouldn't tell me the actual measurement. He made no mention of my fluid levels or anything.

I asked about induction next week (my regular OB and I have been discussing it). And he looked at me like I had 5 heads. I'm currently 1 cm and about 30% effaced, so not much. His comment was... it'd be a real shame for someone who's had two vaginal deliveries to end up with a c0section. Well, if he'd looked at my history, he'd see that both of those deliveries were inductions... the second of which I started out 0cm and 0% effacement. And he was born in less than 5 hours. And I don't really give a crap about vaginal vs c/s deliveries. If I end up with c/s, so be it.

But the final straw was after the nurse took my second BP. It was a bit higher instead of lower at 138/92. Nurse stepped out to tell OB and he said ok, tell her she can leave. Didn't say anything to me, but wrote in my chart pre-eclampsia watch. Seriously?

Now, if he'd looked ay my history, he would see I have a history of pre-eclampsia and rapid-onset of HELLP. And with my son I had an "unusual presentation of symptoms". There was no extra protein in my urine sample, but I also never had any with my son and that's when I had HELLP. In my past pregnancies when I was showing signs of Pre-E, I was at the office three times per week for monitoring and NSTs. This OB didn't want to see me before my next appointment, next Wednesday.

Luckily my sister is a nurse and can help me keep an eye on my BP. If it stays elevated over the weekend, I will call my regular OB on Monday and see what he thinks.

I also have another u/s scheduled for tomorrow morning for a growth/fluid check, so we will be able to check on baby, which is reassuring. And I also plan to ask if someone can check my BP while I'm there.

I know how scary pre-e/HELLP is. My labor and delivery with my DS was a terrifying experience. I'm just really bothered by how non-chalant this other doctor was about it. My regular OB is much more cautious, and also knows/considers my history. I have been struggling with a lot of anxiety about this baby that seems to get worse the closer I get to my due date. Yesterday certainly didn't help any.

Sorry this got so long!
Jenny(32), DH(35) DD(7), DS(5), m/c(5/2012.

ani05 replied to babyj1017's response:
Jenny, your anxiety is totally understandable. We are mothers that have had problems with our past pregnancies and it would be nice when doctors actually explain things better even if there is nothing to worry about. You had a higher blood pressure and a history of pre-e, didn't he see that and if he did but he is not worried for some reason why doesn't he just say that reason. I don't understand doctors sometimes,some of them b/c there is lots of great ones. I have had my share of bad doctors and I understand how frustrating it is. Hopefully you feel better today,keep an eye on that bp.

hgreenwood7058 replied to babyj1017's response:
Jenny I can understand why you are anxious. It is a bit nerve wracking given your history. Definately keep an eye on your BP. I hate when doctors don't say anything with regards to what they are thinking. Or they are judegmental. Honestely I would probably told him something to that effect and with your history if he would have looked it up. Hopefully all will go well at your u/s tomorrow. I would probably mention it to your OB on monday anyway. But if it gets worse over the weekend and if this guy is not the on call ob. Go get checked up in L&D (well if he is still go get checked if it gets worse but if it stays about the same then wait till monday if he is on call since he likes to not pay attention well). They will look up your past history and may be more thorough and cautious. Holy cow on delivery in 5 hours. lol. I was not so lucky (not that laboring that fast is fun but at least it was a short wait to see your little guy). Maybe your little one will just come out on monday when your ob gets back and then you don't have to deal with anyone else. Whenever you are out and about check your BP if you are in a place like walgreens, walmart, safeway, etc... If its high, sit for 5 min with feet flat on the ground, breathe and test again. Sometimes walking around will make it high but with rest it goes down. If you happen to get your hands on a bp cuff for home that would be ideal. Drink lots of fluids as well.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Jenn (31) DH (30) DD (4) ^i^ DS 4/17/08 16 W ^i^ DD 10/7/08 13W ^i^ DS 3/20/09 13 W. BFP 1/31 EDD 10/9/10. MTHFR. Baby aspirin, folic acid 4 mg, B6 10...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.