Skip to content
Monday Updates 12/16
ani05 posted:
I can't believe that the year is almost over, I don't have anything to complain about though. I didn't think I was going to have another baby but I was blessed again.

My update: 23w5d, w/g: 18 lbs
I have been doing ok, not too bad. I can't sleep very well,it seems like I can't find a good position to sleep that doesn't give me back pain and I have a memory foam mattress that I really like. But what can you do,being pregnant is not easy. I am pretty scared too b/c I am getting close to 28 weeks, that's when the problems started with DD.I really don't want to go through that again, I am not sure if I can handle it. Right now I am hoping that the shots are working plus it makes me feel a little better that the Dr wants to check if there is any change down there from now on. If there is, she said that there is some medication that will help.
Next appt.: 12/23
Ani(32),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I can't believe this year is basically gone either. Its crazy. I think its great they are taking such good care of you and are watching you closely this time. Very understandable about having anxiety about it. Hoping the shots will do its job and if needed to have meds at least they are available this time.

my update: 23w5d, w/g: eh about 15 or so.
I have been doing okay. Intermittent cramping. I think its partly because of the way she is positioned and if I do to much work around the house. And I agree on the position in sleeping. Nothing is comfortable. I usually have to have a pillow under my belly to sleep on my side. My back kills me laying on my back. Of course when I lay on my side she pokes me in whichever side im on lol.

We got our tree up on sunday. And we visited santa for pics. Didn't go so well lol. He gave us the most adorable sad face in the world. He gave us the look like we were abandoning him even though we were a few feet away. We did get one pic where he calmed down for a second before bawling again. he was fine if we held him. He even high fived and fist bumped santa. He just didn't want to sit with him. Poor guy lol. (he made santa feel bad).

next appt: gd test and u/s friday (12/20) and then appt 1/3
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

ani05 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Yeah, and even when you fall asleep you have to get up to go pee again,hahaha,that's my nights.
Little kids are adorable with Santa.I have a picture of DD about 4yrs ago, that it looks like she wants to run away. Could she look more awkward? I don't think so. Now she doesn't want to go see Santa anymore. They grow up too fast.
Ani(32),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

hgreenwood7058 replied to ani05's response:
awh thats sad. hormonal momma here lol. Little man had a rough night last night. He woke up several times and cried. (I laid in a bed maybe 10-20 min the whole night. Didn't sleep because another gal in a preg group im in is 22.5 weeks and her emergency cerclage failed and she was dialated to a 10 yesterday, water hadn't broken yet but he was coming either way. He was measuring big at her last scan. Like 1lb2oz so I pray the high risk people were able to do something for them. A gal in my previous preg group had her daughter at 23 weeks and she weighed close to that and her daughter just turned 2. So I hope that this can be the case too, so yeh not a lot of sleep). Lately DS has been peeing a ton too at night. He went through two night time diapers last night. Soaked through one completely and almost the other one too. He normally gets a sippy of water at night (has been for months, ever since we switched from milk at night to water). He gets thirsty in the middle of the night just like I still do. But he is peeing way more than he usually does the last few days. The rest of the night was on the floor.
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

hgreenwood7058 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Yesterday turned even more hormonal because I missed one of DS "firsts". He decided he wanted to pee in the potty at his sitters yesterday. Super happy for him but sad because I wasn't there.

ani05 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Oh,sorry Heather,I know how important those "firsts" are and it doesn't help being pregnant and hormonal. I started crying before DD Christmas Program this year and that was her 4th.
I haven't been feeling very well these last days and I think some of it it's b/c I am so scared of going to labor early. I have been thinking a lot of what we are going to do if I have to be in the hospital for awhile b/c I was in the hospital 2 weeks before DD was born but this time would be even harder. Basically DH has to take family medical leave so he can take care of our daughter while I am in hospital.
I know I shouldn't be having negative thought but I'd rather be prepared before something happens. Prepare for the worse and hope for the best.

hgreenwood7058 replied to ani05's response:
Yeh. I wanted to cry. it took everything I had not to. they were in there and held them back especially since I was at work. But yeh pregnant hormonalness is no fun lol. I bought him a potty yesterday but his little butt is too big for it. He tried twice and peed over the potty at home lol. So I will be taking it back since he can't use it. And I ordered one similar to the one he has at his sitters. It should be here next week. He is growing up too fast. I don't like it. lol.

Its udnerstandable on being worried. There are steps you were able to take this time around that you weren't able to with her so hopefully that will be what makes the difference this time around. And they are watching you a lot more carefully this time too. The nice thing is that they can put in a cerclage if you are dilated to less than 3 (3 is hit and miss on if they can get it in and it be successful). And with the way they are watching you, you would know pretty quickly. Im not considered high risk or at risk but I still have those same worries. The "what ifs". Its hard not to when we have been through what we have. And then to see a few of the moms in my pregnancy group lose their little ones (some earlier on and the gal yesterday at 22.5 weeks and a different gal about a month ago who lost twins a 22 weeks). It makes it hard not to go to that place where you worry something might happen. I can feel this little girl kick a lot more now and that is helpful but I still get so nervous before doctor appointments and I am nervous to go to my u/s on friday even though things are likely just fine.

Spotlight: Member Stories

It's been a little over 11 months since I delivered Charlotte a month early. What a happy day that was! She was born with hypotonia(low muscle to...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.