Birth Story
michelle063007 posted:
Hi Everyone!
Its a Boy!! And hes 13 weeks old today so I'm way behind on my birth story. But I'm back at work now and have a little time...while on maternity leave I was just enjoying time with my little sweetie too much!

So, here goes...We went into the hospital in the evening of September 18th to be induced and they started me on cytotec to soften my cervix since I was not really dialated at all. They placed a few of those throughout the night but I was not making much progress so in the morning around 10:00 they broke my water. At that point I was still only 2 centimeters but they said i could have the epidural any time. I thought it was too early so I kept saying not yet. Well, things started to speed up and intensify at that point so aroud 11:00 I said i wanted the epidural. Unfortunately at that point there were 3 other women ahead of me waiting for anesthesia. Ouch!! So I breathed through some pretty rough contractions every minute or two for a half hour and then got the epidural. That was wonderful. I felt great after that Around 1:00 I was 5 centimeters and DH and my momwent to get some lunch. At about 1:30 I was fully dialated and DH and mom were not back! I texted him to get back quickly and started pushing shortly after that. Pushed for about 2 and a half hours and at 4:22pm September 19th our amazing perfect rainbow baby boy was born. He was 7lbs 13oz and 19 inches long. We were so thrilled. There was some meconium in the fluid so they had to take him away from me for a couple minutes but I got him right back and started skin to skin. He looked just like me but since then has started to look more like DH. I held him and breastfed right away. We named him Ryan Bennett. I can not complain about the labor or recovery. Everything has gone so well and with being induced i got to pick the day that my doctor would be at the hospital so he got to deliver Ryan. We are so happy! Thanks for listening and thank you everyone on this board...I could not have gotten through this pregnancy without all your support. Best wishes to everyone.
Michelle 29, DH 36; m/c 6/2011--7weeks; m/c 9/2011--6weeks; m/c 3/2012--11 weeks; BFP 1/13/2013 so far so good :)

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Yay michelle. So good to hear from you. So glad everything went perfectly (minus the wait for the epi). So excited for you and your little man (love the name by the way). Its hard to believe that he is already 13 weeks! Congrats!
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

vybe77 responded:
Michelle!! I am so thrilled to hear from you..I had been checking in regularly for this update..what a great xmas surprise for us! Congrats on the baby boy and what a sweet name you chose.. I'm happy to read that L&D went so well (except for the few contractions sans epi) but all in all it sounds as though things went pretty smoothly...my last born also had the meconium but they generally can treat that now-a-days...very happy you took the time to enjoy Ryan before coming back to us and before going back to work...I'm happy that you finally have your rainbow baby Michelle...through this board, I've gotten to know some of you ladies and to know that so many of you are having this chance makes my heart swell with joy! Enjoy him for they grow way too fast (13 weeks already!) and thank you for sharing him us just a little bit ((hugs)) xo
Vicky 35 and Chris 33
His and hers family of 4 kids
Mine-DD Emily 13..DS Kody 11
His-DD Rinoa 12
Ours-DS Maxim 4

stellagonzalez responded:
Hey Michelle that could be a thrilling experience for u,anyways how's your baby now....