Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Updates 1/6
hgreenwood7058 posted:
First Monday update of the year. Exciting stuff lol.

Heather and baby girl (we have narrowed it down to 10 names or so)
26w5d
w/g: 21 since my first appointment but about 19 from prepregnancy weight

sx: BHC off and on. Tired. Normal pregnancy gunk.

other: Had my appointment on friday. I am measuring on track. We talked a little bit about preterm labor and that if I have more than 4 ctx (even bhc) for a few hours that I should call in and/or get checked out. She said its not likely it would turn into preterm labor with BHC but its always better to be on the safe side. Dr. confirmed that we will likely do my csection on the 2nd of april or close to it (just after). She won't do it before unless I go into labor because some babies arent ready which I am totally fine with. But she said if we wait to long then I risk going into labor (I don't really have a problem with going into labor though. I would rather my body and baby tell me when its time then just say well because your this far we will do it at this time). I was fine at first with needing a csection due to the tear but as time goes along I have actually felt more guilty about needing it. I don't like that my body won't get the chance to deliver like a normal person. The tear was out of my control and there isn't anything I could do differently to change it (it happened when I was unconscious during the emergency csection and when they were unsticking him). But alas I will do what is necessary to keep this baby healthy. There is no guarantee I will even make it to 39 weeks. I went into labor with carson at 37w2d and had him early early am on 37w4d. (he was due april 17th and he was born at 2:10am on 3/31). Once I get further along I will talk to her about if I were to go into labor on my own or start contracting regularly at a given time, at what point they will decide to do the csection, or if they would stop labor and try to get me to the 39 weeks. I like to be as prepared as I can.

Otherwise even with the 10lb weight gain in the last 4 weeks, she only noted I gained weight and said it was fine. I am carrying completely (for the most part) in my belly again so while I have doubled my weight gain in 4 weeks you can't really tell. I just look rounder. Did your DD ever go through a phase where she thought it was okay to hit/kick/bite? Lately DS has been hitting a lot (me, husband and one of our cats sometimes). He knows its not okay (he goes after me more than anyone). I am not really sure where its coming from. We don't spank, we do time outs and talks because spanking doesn't really phase him. Its far worse to him if he has to sit more than two seconds. But he has also been kicking me in the belly a lot especially when out in the stores and he has bitten me a few times too. Wgile part of it is frustration, usually its when he isn't frustrated that he does it.

Hope all is well with you. Oh and I get to do 3 week visit instead of 2 or 4 since my appt was at 26w2w (they typically do every 2 weeks starting at 28 weeks but since that would be less than two weeks she said I could come back in 3 weeks since I am pretty stable).

next d/a:1/24
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

ani05 responded:
Happy New Year Heather! I am happy everthing is going well,other than the normal stuff that comes with pregnancy.
I have had BHC too and the Dr told me the same thing plus I have had the u/s that shows that I am not dilated and that makes me feel better about it.
DD didn't go through the biting,hitting stage,maybe it's a boy thing.LOL. I am sure he will stop doing it, my brother went through that when he was young and I remember our parents lecturing him until one day he wasn't doing it anymore. He was 4 yrs old though when he started it.

My update: 26w5d w/g: 24 lbs
Nothing exciting or new just the normal stuff that comes with being pregnant. Next Dr appt. is on Thursday. We'll see if anything has changed,hopefully not.
Ani(32),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

hgreenwood7058 replied to ani05's response:
heres to no change for you , the u/s are nice when you are able to see that there is no change in cervix just a happy/healthy baby growing

Its weird with my son doing this. Its primarily me who he does this to. He does not hit, bite, or kick his sitters. Occasionally he hits daddy and one of the cats. But he is into testing everything with us though. He has multiple personalities I swear lol. He is completely normal relaxed, listens, doesn't bounce off the walls, takes naps, etc... for his sitters but he is the total opposite for me and daddy. While I appreciate that he doesn't act that way towards his sitters, it would be nice if he didn't act that way with us too. It doesn't matter what we do.
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

Spotlight: Member Stories

Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS#1 11/06, DS#2 - ^Jeremiah^ - had Anencephaly, a severe neural tube defect - Born 8/14/09, Died 8/17/09, M...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.