Skip to content
TTC After a Loss
mohawk79 posted:
Hello all!

I recently experienced a miscarriage and now we are TTC again. We are so lucky to already have a healthy 19 month old.

I feel like I am terrified to get pregnant again, now that I have learned just how common a miscarriage is...

I am almost 35 and worry about the additional risks as we get older. Does anyone havce any advice to help put my mind at ease that I will eventually go on to be pregnant again and have a healthy child?

Thanks!

1981palmtree responded:
It is natural to feel aprehnesion about getting pregnant again I myself lost a baby. I was 17 weeks when they found out the baby had died and I had to get a d&e to have the baby removed. shortly after i got pregnant again but it ended up being an ectopic. we were so eager to have a baby that i didnt let my body heal the first time
but at that point i was just glad to be alive and have my tubes still intact. so this time I was forced to let my body heal and i did but i so wanted to have kids and so 6 months from the time of the ectopic we got pregnant again and we had a healthy baby boy and 19 months after that we had a healthy baby girl. so all things are possible. Dont be afraid to try again just let your body and mind heal first.

ala817 responded:
Hi everyone! Here's my story!

I went to my ob-gyn last year for check up! I was given a go signal that am healthy to get pregnant! After 4months, I got pregnant! Sadly after 12 weeks, the baby's heartbeat just stopped! So I had to go through D&C last July 2013. After 1 cycle as per doctor I can try, my husband and I decided to try again. So counting from the time I had my period last July, am now on my 7th cycle. Still no baby.

I followed all the steps this time, meaning by the book, so am in my fertile days waiting until my ovulation on the 16th (supposedly)! Though I felt a sharp pain on my abdomen on the 15th this month. I dont know if that's what they call "ovulation pain." I need baby dusts and tons of tons of prayers to get prenant!

tessguce responded:
Hi there, 35 year old moms and higher ages that I know that had their babies was not difficult for their age. But for your case that you had a miscarriage before, just be very careful and always visit your doctor if ever there is something that you feel that is different. Thank you and I hope this site could help you predict when you are going to give birth when you already conceive. http://www.babyduedatecalculator.net/

Spotlight: Member Stories

hey everyone, my name is serena. i'll be 25 years old in july and have been in a committed relationship for almost seven years(end of aug). he is ...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful