Skip to content
TTC After a Loss
mohawk79 posted:
Hello all!

I recently experienced a miscarriage and now we are TTC again. We are so lucky to already have a healthy 19 month old.

I feel like I am terrified to get pregnant again, now that I have learned just how common a miscarriage is...

I am almost 35 and worry about the additional risks as we get older. Does anyone havce any advice to help put my mind at ease that I will eventually go on to be pregnant again and have a healthy child?

Thanks!

1981palmtree responded:
It is natural to feel aprehnesion about getting pregnant again I myself lost a baby. I was 17 weeks when they found out the baby had died and I had to get a d&e to have the baby removed. shortly after i got pregnant again but it ended up being an ectopic. we were so eager to have a baby that i didnt let my body heal the first time
but at that point i was just glad to be alive and have my tubes still intact. so this time I was forced to let my body heal and i did but i so wanted to have kids and so 6 months from the time of the ectopic we got pregnant again and we had a healthy baby boy and 19 months after that we had a healthy baby girl. so all things are possible. Dont be afraid to try again just let your body and mind heal first.

ala817 responded:
Hi everyone! Here's my story!

I went to my ob-gyn last year for check up! I was given a go signal that am healthy to get pregnant! After 4months, I got pregnant! Sadly after 12 weeks, the baby's heartbeat just stopped! So I had to go through D&C last July 2013. After 1 cycle as per doctor I can try, my husband and I decided to try again. So counting from the time I had my period last July, am now on my 7th cycle. Still no baby.

I followed all the steps this time, meaning by the book, so am in my fertile days waiting until my ovulation on the 16th (supposedly)! Though I felt a sharp pain on my abdomen on the 15th this month. I dont know if that's what they call "ovulation pain." I need baby dusts and tons of tons of prayers to get prenant!

tessguce responded:
Hi there, 35 year old moms and higher ages that I know that had their babies was not difficult for their age. But for your case that you had a miscarriage before, just be very careful and always visit your doctor if ever there is something that you feel that is different. Thank you and I hope this site could help you predict when you are going to give birth when you already conceive. http://www.babyduedatecalculator.net/

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (30) DH (33) Our Angel Boy 5/21/10 +HPT 10/25/10 EDD 7/19/11ish

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.