Skip to content
Monday Update 01/13
ani05 posted:
Hopefully you are doing good. I have been busy and also I have had no energy lately which has made everything harder.

Ani and baby Allison
27w5d w/g: 27 lbs
Heartburn has been better but my back has been hurting lately as I am getting bigger. I have no energy,it has been hard to do things around the house.
We purchased a few things for the baby and my brother and his wife bought us a swing, one of those chairs that vibrate and baby clothes. That was super nice of them.
Next appt.: 01/28
Ani(32),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Thats awesome of your brother and sil to do that.And yay for buying stuff for baby thats always fun. Boo for lack of energy.

Heather and baby girl (still between 3 names. I am just not ready to settle lol)
w/g: umm didn't check the scale the last few days. I am afraid haha. so between 21-24lb

I am stressing out a bit between work and friend throwing me a baby shower (first weekend of march i think we determined) and then sons birthday the last sat of march (hopefully I am not in the hospital!). Work is a bit stressful. I will be going on maternity leave before we go live with this big lab project we are doing because the interface team is taking their sweet time on getting results flowing through. As a result I have to train a few other people to do what should have been able to be completed back in november. blah.... On brighter note an old coworker just had he baby boy early this morning. Another friend of mine is du in 2 weeks. And yay for 3rd trimester starting for us! But scary because this pregnancy is going by too fast!
next d/a: 1/24
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

ani05 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
I am so glad you are doing well so far,I was starting to worry.Sorry for all the stress though,that's why I am happy I am not working right now.Hopefully everything will get better soon at work.Yay for the baby shower,we decided not to have one. I mean I don't know what people will get us b/c between the old stuff from DD and the new ones that we have already bought there is nothing left really. The only thing left is the crib,we are buying that soon and we are done. I know it's a little early but after DD being born premature we wanted to have everything done just in case.
Ani(32),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

hgreenwood7058 replied to ani05's response:
Yeh, heartburn is coming back off and on but I think that is due to my recent craving for grapefruit haha. Hips are still killing me but it looks like carson is starting to do better. No explosions since yesterday afternoon so yay for almost 24 hours. I am sad because I ordered a chocolate lava cake to go (coworkers went to lunch to celebrate a coworker birthday. I had carne asada which was good), my lava cake had no lava it was the consistency of an overcooked brownie very disappointing. I actually made a list of things we need. Originally I didn't think we needed much because our son is still young but because he still young we use a lot of the stuff still so now we need double. Need to get a second high chair, new baby swing (the one we have the battery is pretty shot), New bottles so when I pump they can be used, bottle liners, breast pump items like storage bottles, storage bags, extra pieces, steam bags, nursing bras, lanolin cream or nipple butter, blankets, clothes, baby toiletries (shampoo, lotion, etc..), the necessities like wipes and diapers and things that go in a typical diaper bag, including diaper bag (we had two with carson and both ended up with holes in them), baby book, toddler bed or convertible crib, toddler car seat or convertible car seat, blankets and sheets, the list just goes on. I didn't think we needed much till I put it on paper. I am going to buy a little at a time as well so that the main things to get would be diapers and outfits if people wanted to do gifts which I don't really care if they do we just want to celebrate baby like we did with son. I am ready for a nap but still have an hour left of work boo.
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

ani05 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
I have been having heartburn all day today.I took pepcid and didn't work at all,my Dr said that if it doesn't help call so she can prescribe me something but I think I am going to wait and see.
There is a lot of stuff that is needed for a new baby but at least this time around we know what is needed and what works. We bought a lot of stuff for DD that we didn't even get to use, a waste of money.This time we are being smarter I think. I rememer trying so many diaper rush ointment to find the best until I tried aquaphor so now that's the only one I will use for baby Allison.
Hopefully you are feeling a little better today.

hgreenwood7058 replied to ani05's response:
Boo for heartburn. Have you tried a little bit of pickle juice or apple cider vinegar? I have heard that works for a lot of people. Some say milk works (milk is not my friend though). I have been getting increasing heartburn with reflux where i feel like breathing fire especially when laying down or sitting. I think its mainly because she is getting so smooshed that she can't help but be everywhere now and so I don't think anything will help too much. We found vaseline or balmex ointment seem to work the best but we too have tried it all. The vaseline is $1 at the dollar store so its easy to keep it on hand. But we had that same issue with lotions and soaps and things with carson. We had originally got a bunch of the j&j or the generic and quickly found that was not good and tried a few others and aveeno baby products have worked the best. Theres things we won't need like baby bouncer (and 2 of these not including the one at sitters), pack n play (we have 2), bassinet (didn't ask for one but mil found one that was from a neighbor for a good deal), we bought our double stroller a few weeks ago (regularly 189.99 and I got it was 94.98 tax), we have a baby bath. So those types of things we won't need. If we were having a boy we would need no clothes, or bath things, or blankets or anything like that because I saved all of our sons and only gave away his 9mo-12mo clothes and thats it. I am going to go through them and see what is gender neutral that I could still use. So tired today. Fingers have also begun to swell the last few days too. My rings used to be so loose they could easily fly off if I wasn't careful. Now they are leaving indents and when I am not wearing them I can still feel the swelling. Boo. Hope you have a good weekend!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Christina - Texas - Married to DH May 2003, 1 D/S Oct-2003, M/C April 2010, M/C June 2010 (possible twins) was a member of the WebMD Boards way back ...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.