Skip to content
WAY LATE!!! sorry ladies!
shanastash posted:
on november 19th, i went in to have a scheduled c-section to meet our little guy. Lukas Coltin Ko'ele was born at exactly 9 am and weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. and was 21" long.

we stayed in the hospital for just 2 days ONLY because i was actually in more pain while there because of the stupid hospital bed and having to climb in and out of it from the CS. it sucked! and my butt hurt from just sitting there for hours on end. Lukas was born on a tuesday, we went home on thursday. the BFing was doing "eh, okay" nothing to brag about. i ended up supplementing formula while we were in the hospital because he just didn't seem to be satisfied even though all the nurses kept saying how well he was doing. i "knew" something was off, even though it didn't hurt or anything and i went through the same thing with my daughter...
the day we went home from the hospital was the last day he truly ate from me. 14 days later we were finally able to go to a BFIng support group where he ate from me again, the first time since we left the hospital!!! but, he only ate an ounce. so i supplemented, while were there! baby's gotta eat, right?! i kept thinking, there has to be "something" and so finally, after another month of getting told there was nothing "wrong", turns out he has a lip tie and a tongue tie. we get that taken care of and go back to the support group. he only ate .33 of an ounce. ... so we BF and then give a formula bottle. ANY little bit helps him and me, right?!

i secretly blame my husband for my milk issues. he had the money to get me the flange that i needed for my pump so i could pump without pain. he didn't get it for me. and so i sat for 2 months not wanting to pump because it hurt soo much to even pump and everytime that i should have tried feeding the baby, he would give him a bottle because DH hated hearing me sigh and hear the baby cry because he was hungry. but now DH blames me for "not trying harder" now that Lukas wants to eat from me but now i don't have enough milk... ugh.

so that's my story. sorry it took SOOO long! (in 6 days, he will be 3 months!)
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 Jennaraya Kailani born 11.16.10 @ 11:48 pm, 8 lbs. 1 oz. 20.25 inches long!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Its gone by fast. Yay for him coming out healthy. Its very hard when trying to bf. On average it takes 6-8 weeks for both baby and you to get the hang of it. And a lot of that time they will cluster feed till you get enough milk in. It can def be frustrating. It takes up to 5 days to get milk in too. I think mine came in on the 3rd or 4th day and by then I was so frustrated because I wanted to bf so bad but was having issues with latching (had to use a breast shield to help him latch). I almost gave in. I ended up using a hospital grade pump in the hospital and then rented one for 3 months before buying one outright. There were definitely days I wanted to give up because of the pain from pumping and cracks and things. There were times my body would almost go into shock because of the pain. Joyful right. Thankfully my body eventually got used to it. And like you I had to get the right size flange for the pump and had to make sure I got a good pump because that can make a huge difference. Had i stuck to my original pump my son would have been formula fed which I wanted to avoid. Changing pumps was made all the difference.Any BM that you can give your baby is helpful. Both for him and you both (burns extra calories woohoo). Even if you supplement (boo dad for blaming you. he could have been more helpful in that regards). Also boo for lip tie and tongue tie that can definitely hamper bf. Glad your little man is doing well now though! 3 months went by fast. My son will be 2 years old at the end of next month! Boy how time flies. His sister is scheduled to be here just 4 days after his birthday.So glad you came to let us know how things are going. Stop in more. Its just Ani and I in here for now.
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

ani05 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
I am so glad you and the baby are doing well. I love the name.
I had BFing problems with DD too,I ended up pumping and that was no fun.
Yes,stop by more,we love to have guests.
Ani(32),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a wonderful fiance we have been together 11 years, we have been ready for a family since 2006. We have two dogs Harley and Bubba and a cat Dais...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.