Skip to content
monday updates
hgreenwood7058 posted:
Hope you are feeling better this week

Heather and Aubrey

35w5d
w/g: 36lb boo

I decided I am just going to give up and eat what I want. I am almost done. I gain 1.5-2lb a week regardless of eating junk or not so I might as well eat what I want. Still feeling behind the game with this pregnancy and getting stuff done. I am going to pack my bags this weekend so they are ready to go. (both bags since last time I packed carsons with plans of packing mine the next weekend and well he came that weekend so I don't want a repeat of that). Normal pregnancy aches and pains. Had my maternity pics and carson 2 year pics yesterday. She posted a preview and they are really cute. I can't believe he will be 2 in just 3 weeks. He's gotten so big. Have had some lovely cases of insomnia lately. Not fun. But otherwise not too bad.

Hope you and Allison and fam are doing good.

next d/a: 3/20 (they decided I could come back in 2 weeks instead of 1)
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

ani05 responded:
We are almost there Heather. Sorry about not being able to sleep much,I am having the same problem.
Your little guy is growing up fast,almost 2. I still can't believe our girl is going to be 8 in 2 months.

Ani and baby Allison
35w5d
w/g: 35 lbs

I have been better,contractions haven't been bad at all. On the other hand my hips are killing me and I have had some swelling that it's not going down.I have tried not to be on my feet as much.
Next appt. is on 03/17
Ani(32),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

hgreenwood7058 replied to ani05's response:
Boo for swelling.I had a lot of that with carson but not as much this pregnancy. I had to wear compression stockings around 32-33weeks with him. My feet will swell if I am on them too long or if I wear socks they seem to get worse too. Sleeping has not been my friend. I had a really bad case of heartburn (its been off and on but mostly tolerable without needing to take anything). I woke up at 2am yesterday morning (well I woke up 4 times between 10:30 and 1 to use the restroom then I woke up at 2). And I had heartburn so bad I couldn't go back to sleep. I tried the being elevated, the recliner, sitting on the couch, pickle juice (ive heard it works wonders on pregnant people. It helped all of 30 sec), I couldn't find tums but found maalox so I tried that, nothing helped. I drank a ton of ice cold water and stayed up since I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep with it. It continued all day at work yesterday. I had tums there it didn't touch it, I tried essential oils while I was there too. It was so bad that anything even luke warm or fizzy or well pretty much anything burned pretty bad if I drank or ate. I also read on a pregnancy app about apple cider vinegar so I tried a sip of that when I got home but I have so much irritation that it burned horribly bad. I ended up sending DH to the store for papaya and zantac (someone had commented that papaya helped them during pregnancy so I figure ehh I have tried everything else why not). I ended up taking the zantac which helped a bit. At least enough to get a little rest last night. I woke up a lot because I drank so much water but at least I got a little rest. My throat is still pretty sore today so i am going to stick with cold foods and drinks for a few days to help it heal and going to stick with zantac for a few days.

I definitely know the hips thing. Thats no fun. Sounds like your pelvis is separating to allow allison to come down further. I have had a couple different sets of weeks where that happened to me. I have had to sleep with a pillow between my legs and under my belly for several weeks now because of it. On the plus side we are very close to meeting our little girls. I am going to pack this weekend. Have you packed yet?
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

ani05 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
I totally understand about the heartburn,mine has been really bad during this pregnancy. If zantac doesn't work for you,try pepcid.My Dr. told me to try pepcid and it works for me and you only take it once or twice a day.
I did pack the bag last week when I was having those contractions b/c I thought for sure I was going to labor. I do want to add a couple of things that I thought about later like nursing pads and some extra pajamas just in case.
Hope your heartburn gets better.
Ani(32),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

hgreenwood7058 replied to ani05's response:
Yay for bags being packed. I am going to make a list of the things I need to pack (need to get a diaper bag still). And then have it set aside to put in a bag when I get it. The heartburn is a bit better today. I am going to have to keep up on the zantac. I have been using that once a day and the essential oils thing every 2 hours or so throughout the day. My throat is still pretty sore but not compared to yesterday or the day before. I was able to have a luke warm decaf mocha from starbucks and some luke warm oatmeal today (first semi warm things I have had in a few days because of how bad the burning was). If the zantac stops helping I will look into the pepcid. I was pretty much willing to try anything a couple days ago. Well I pretty much tried any recommendations that people gave me whether it was a fruit, pickle juice etc... I am a little more comfortable on the heartburn front. She really needs to not head butt me in the cervix though haha.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Kristy, 32 DH Nick, 31 Our Beautiful Baby Boy Cullen Isaiah born April 14th, 2009. One Angel in Heaven (April '08) with my wonderful Grandparents....More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.