Skip to content
Monday Update 03/17
ani05 posted:
Hopefully you had a good weekend.

Ani and baby Allison
36w5d
w/g: 35 lbs (as of this morning at the Dr.'s office)

Still going strong,last week was my last progesterone shot. Next week I will know the results of the GBS test that the Dr did today and she will check if I have dilated or not.Yay,I am so ready to meet this little girl.
Next appt. 03/24
Ani(32),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Yay for no more shots! Hopefully the GBS comes back negative. I don't have to get it since they are doing the csection. Dr said no point. And yay for getting checked next week for dilation.

Heather and baby Aubrey
36w5d
w/g: probably around 37-40lb

Weekend was busy but good. We had a birthday party to go to for carsons cousin who turned 4 today. Then we went to this little arcade thing (its about 1/4 of the size of a chuckie cheese but carson had fun). Then yesterday I met up with a good friend to talk about things going on in her life. We haven't really gotten to sit just the two of us for a long time but I asked DH if he would watch carson as I could tell she just needed someone to talk to. We talked for about 3 hours over a decaf coffee. It was nice to sit and talk about everything. I packed Aubreys bag last night and started going through everything we got from the baby showers and what we still neeed to do and after three hours I was overwhelmed and feel like I made very little progress in organizing. But at least her bag is packed. I made a list of things that I need for my bag and a list of things we need to do before she gets here and a list of things to ask the ob and a grocery list. So many lists! haha. I have an appointment thursday so I am hoping she will be able to answer some of my questions. had my baby shower from my coworkers on friday. It was awesome. Aubrey is very well loved. They decorated and did cake and punch and a ton of gifts and even this castle diaper cake thing my coworker made. It was so sweet of everyone to do that and I am very thankful. I need to keep worknig on thank you cards. At this rate I may be done about 2 weeks after delivery haha.

Otherwise doing so-so. Have to keep up with the zantac or the heartburn comes back pretty quickly. Quite a bit of swelling off and on. It was really bad last week. My throat is still sore from the heartburn last week. I can have luke warm foods and things now at least. Sporadic contractions. But otherwise I am just going with the flow. I would like her to stay in for at least another week but as of wednesday it could happen anytime. A little nervous about it all still. I am not sure if they will end up checking me or not since I am having the csection unless I start having a lot more contractions that are consistent. Its always kind of nice to know where you are at with things. I am really curious how big she is going to be. She has no space left and she shows me that regularly.

Hope you continue to do well.

next d/a: thursday
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

ani05 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
I am glad you had fun at your baby shower,that was awesome of them. I totally understand about the baby having no more room,I feel the same way. We keep discussing it with DH about the weight of the baby. The way I feel is so much better this time around b/c she won't be born 3 lbs. That was a nightmare emotionally and financially. I am so excited this time we are bringing the baby home with us right away not 7 weeks later.
Hopefully your heartburn gets better,mine comes and goes.
Ani(32),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

hgreenwood7058 replied to ani05's response:
I ended up with either a cold or allergies, not sure which. My throat is semi raw again and I have a cough now. Yay... As long as I take Zantac around the clock and don't miss a dose it is helping the HB. Thats definitely exciting that you will be able to take alison home right away instead of the having to be in the nicu. I can only imagine how emotionally draining it was. I thought about that when I was about 34 weeks and was having some consistent contractions (thankfully I was able to get them to go away) and the thought of nicu, and being flown to a different city 3 hours away and financially and being away from my son and all that made me want to cry. So I am thankful that neither of us had to go through that. I am excited for her to come but at the same time I am not ready. My in laws got the dresser so now it just needs to be put together so I can get things more organized.
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

Oh no,sorry that you are not feeling well and now that you are at the end of the pregnancy. Maybe you can have a couple of days off from work so you can get better.
I am glad we don't have to worry about the nicu anymore,yay.
So nice that they got you that new dresser,with all the baby clothes it's needed.

I am excited for the dresser. Going to try and get it put together tonight. This pregnancy I have had a lot more anxiety the last few weeks compared with carson (the anxiety with him was more so in the first 19-20 weeks). I think I will feel better once its put together and I can organize things better. In laws asked if there was anything I really wanted and that was it. I didn't want something big and fancy, just something big enough to fit clothes and things and that matched the rest of carson and aubreys bedroom furniture. She has been hitting my cervix a lot today ouch. Sore throat is a bit better but cough is definitely still there. I will likely just suffer through it because I have a limited amount of PTO and I want to save it for maternity leave. I can't afford unpaid leave unfortunately. Hope you are doing well.

How did your appt. go?

I gained 5lb in 2 weeks. Booo. I have officially gained more than I did with carson but I decided I just don't care at this point. 2 Weeks from today is csection unless I go earlier. She didn't check me so I am not sure if there is any progress or not. My contractions are definitely getting more painful but still irregular. I don't think she will check me at all unless I end up in L&D for consistent contractions. My bp is still doing really good and this time no trace protein (seems about every other appt I have trace protein). I signed papers for the csection and she talked to me about what will happen before. I will get blood work a few days prior and then I will get prophylactic antibiotics before the csection to help reduce the chance of infection. I will go in that morning or whenever I am told to go in and I will talk with the anesthesiologist and then he will place a spinal. It doesn't take real long to get baby out as long as there isn't too much scar tissue. Then the rest of the time is sewing me back up. (she doesn't do staples unless its upon request, which I don't want so yay for that), and that we can potentially have a camera in the room to take pictures. They will bring her immediately to the warmer to assess breathing and clean her up and then they said they would bring her to me and I would be able to hold her. Talked about the risks of infection and blood transfusion and things. We talked about things like breastfeeding/pumping and having a lactation nurse come up. And talked about using an abdominal binder after surgery to help make it easier to get up and down without as much pain. Overall it was a good appt. I wish I knew how big she was and if there was any progress but glad she is doing well in there. I am definitely more uncomfortable and feeling about done but I want to organize more. I would like her to stay put till sometime next week. Or anytime other than her brothers birthday which is 10 days from today.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well....my husband and I decided to start our TTC journey in June of 09 and got KU in August 09. We were so excited. We found out we lost our little a...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.