Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
birth story
hgreenwood7058 posted:
Hi Ani sorry I have been MIA. I wonder if you have had baby Allison as well. Here is my birth story

Short version:
Aubrey Lynn Walker
Born: 3/25/14 at 6:11am
Weight: 7#1oz and 19" long

Long story:
I had a lot of inconsistent contractions Friday. They were timeable for a few hours and then would slow down. Then the same thing Saturday and sunday. I told little miss Aubrey to please hold on until I finish getting everything done and if I could have one more day at work to get everything ready for my back up it would be appreciated. On Monday 3/24 I had this gut feeling that I really needed to finish everything at work. It was an overwhelming feeling actually. I had my sitter watch carson for an extra 1.5 hours so I could finish things up at work. I ate dinner and went to put carson down for bed. My belly was really hurting and I felt nauseated. I thought maybe dinner wasn't agreeing with me. Instead of going to bed I laid on the couch. I couldn't get comfortable and at 1am (3/25) I went to the bathroom and ended up getting really sick. About that time the contractions started. My belly was still upset and I ended up checking my bp and temp. My blood pressure was 153/105 and I was running a low grade temp. I thought maybe it was dehydration or possibly early labor or combo. My contractions were 2-5 mnutes apart. My son woke up around 2:00-2:30. Normally I can change him and give him a sippy of water and he will go back to sleep. Tis time though he wouldn't leave my side. He laid on the couch next to me. I ended up getting sick again an my temp was slightly higher. At 3:15am I decided that it was time to go as my contractions were stronger and still about 2-5min apart. I woke DH up and then my son got sick so it took longer to get ready. We dropped him off and got to the hospital around 4:30. My contractions were getting closer together. They wheeled me up to L&D as soon as they got my information. They didn't stop to take my vitals at all till I got to the delivery room. They checked my bp and temp again and it was still on the rise for temp. They got my blood taken and they did a urine dip which showed protein in my urine. They checked me and I was dilated to a 4 and I was having contractions prob 1min apart. I had to stop in between signing consent forms for the csection with contractions. We were just waiting on my bloodwork to come back. My WBC was very high. I was wheeled back to the OR.

In the OR I was given a Spinal and they started to do the csection and brought DH back. The surgery itself went well for me. However they found that my placenta looked infected as well as having meconium in the amniotic fluid. She was born at 6:11am (just under 2 hours from the time I got to the hospital)

Aubrey came out and had a light cry but was having issues breathing.She kept wanting to hold her breath, her blood sugar was low, she just had a lot of issues. They wrapped her up and let me kiss her cheek before they took her to the special care nursery to work on her further. She showed major signs of infection. They had to give her cpap 3x in the first little bit being down there. All this while I am still on the operating table. DH went with her. I got to recovery and learned all of this. She was born sick. They had to give her an IV to help with her sugars. She was on oxygen. And I couldn't go see her because of surgery. The pediatrician came in and talked to me a bit and it was decided to start antibiotics right away. And they told me she would likely be in the special care nursery (our version of a nicu in our hospital) for at least a week. It killed me not to be able to have my daughter with me. I asked when I could get up and start moving because I know that it aides in healing and I really wanted to go see her. They let me go in a wheelchair to see her around 6pm. She was so tiny. Thankfully my vitals all started getting a lot better after surgery. It was mostly about healing and praying that things were going
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

hgreenwood7058 responded:
to be okay with Aubrey. I started working on getting up and walking as soon as I could. I hd issues when my catheter was taken out and had to have a straight cath once as I couldn't go. But then things went well. I started expressing colostrum to take to Aubrey so that when she could eat she could(they wanted to give her only the iv sugar water for 24 hours). She had a lumbar puncture and an echo to check her heart and make sure there was no bigger infection. I started walking as soon as they okay'd it and went down as often as I could. She started doing a lot better. After about 1.5 days the oxygen came off. And she started maintaining her sugars. The lumbar puncture came back clear thank god and the echo was good. They decided that since she was doing so well, she may be able to go home early.

We got to come home on Friday! We are working on latching issues but we are getting through it and doing good. She is a tiny thing. She lost weight at her apt on Monday. She weighed 6#8oz. she is a little peanut but love it. Big brother is working on adjusting. He is a bit more emotional but he loves to look at Aubrey and kiss her cheeks and tries to hug her when we let me and rubs her head. I can't drive for two weeks and I can't lift him for a month which is going to be really hard. But we are all doing pretty good. This csection went a lot smoother for me and a lot less painful than it was the first time. So that's my birth story.
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

ani05 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Congrats Heather,I am so happy for you guys.(((HUGS))). So glad that little Aubrey is doing well , that must have been scary and very upsetting. I know what it feels like to go home and your baby stays behind in the hospital,it breaks your heart. So happy she is home with you and also that your csection went smoothly. Enjoy your time together. Thank you so much for letting me know, I assumed that you probably went to labor but I wasn't sure and I was getting worried.

I am still preggers,39w1d today.I have a Dr.'s appt next Tuesday and if I haven't gone to labor by then I will get induced,probably at the end of next week.
As of last Monday I was dilated 3 cm and 80% effaced. It's probably all those progesterone shots,they made it harder for her to come out.
Ani(32),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

hgreenwood7058 replied to ani05's response:
It was very hard being in the hospital alone in my room going stir crazy not being able to go see her or hold her. I am very thankful that she did so good to be able to come home. there was a lot of babies born while I was in the hospital. They were so full that there wasn't enough beds in the postpartum area. Some mommies had to stay in L&D. In the few days I was there I think they said it there were like 20 babies born (probably not really that many but there was a lot). Yay for making it this far. I know you were worried about her coming too soon and instead she is enjoying her stay. That's exciting that you are almost done and will get to meet her soon. Today would have been my scheduled csection day. Yay for being 3cm and 80%. She could come at any time. My son turned two on Monday too. Its all bittersweet. I love my little family though. Aubrey is already 10 days old.

I did think about your son's birthday on Monday and I was hoping that you had the baby before so you could be with him for the special day. Happy Birthday to Carson! I don't know about the party you had planned for him, what happened?
You were so worried about it and baby Aubrey coming the same day. Their birthdays are so close but I am glad they don't have to share the same birthday.
Enjoy your family and I hope that everything goes well with bf.
Allison could come any day now,we've been waiting 5 yrs for this. I'll post the birth story asap.
Ani(32),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.BFP 07/26/2013,EDD 04/11/2014.

hgreenwood7058 replied to ani05's response:
I will be watching for the story! We still had the party as planned. I kept Aubrey away from everyone and asked those who were sick to stay home. It went well and carson had a lot of fun. Still can't believe he is already two. I am glad they have their own days and that they each chose their own day instead of being told when. I can't wait for you to be holding Allison.

Yay I am glad that the party went well. They grow up so fast.
I have a Dr.'s appt on Tuesday afternoon and I'll update again, will see what she says. At this point I am thinking that they will probably induce me. I am hoping she decides to come out on her own.

Spotlight: Member Stories

In July of 2009 I lost my mom to colon cancer, that Autumn was a blur of heartache & trying to move on. In Dec, DH said let's start a family! ...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.