Skip to content
Here we go... Dr. visit # 1
smithc27 posted:
My first prenatal visit is tomorrow, and I am so danged nervous!!! I'm still having the m/s (all-day sickness), but my stomach is in nervous knots

DH's company changed their health insurance in January, so I have a different doctor, nurses, clinic, AND hospital from before (which stinks, because I REALLY liked my previous ones). I think this is contributing to my nerves, plus I am going alone, most likely a bad idea My pregnancy with DD was mostly easy compared to a lot of others, yet my mind still keeps envisioning the worst case scenario. I'm literally shaking...

Sorry for the vent, DH is tired of listening to me worry
~Charlotte(29), DH(30), M/C 3/7/11, DD Addison 2/12/12, BFP 5/29/14

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Hugs. I was the same way during this last pregnancy. I had to go by myself because DH was working and I had to go in the middle of my work day. I was absolutely terrified. It went good thank goodness. My little one is now 3 months old hugs.
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

bethann88 responded:
Thinking of you you today! I always get so nervous right before an appt too. Sending big hugs your way
Me(32) DH(34), PAL Grad, DS born 3/2012. Four angels, 5/2009, 6/2011, 2/2014 and 3/2014, BFP 6/13/14, EDD 2/20/15

smithc27 responded:
Ok, so I went, I saw, did not quite conquer...

They took my vitals, but nothing for the baby, so not much to report. I did have to drink the lovely glucose cocktail There was a small 'victory' for me during this visit: I didn't pass out when they drew the blood, and they had to stick me TWICE! Anyone who knows my history with blood draw, knows that is a huge step forward!

I did get to meet with a very nice nurse who took my medical information, history, and addressed some of my concerns for this pregnancy. However, I did not get to hear the baby's heartbeat via doplar... which was really disappointing. I do go back to meet with the NP on Tuesday, and she said I would hear it then. At my previous clinic, they did the health information, glucose screening, took my blood, and did a physical all at the first visit. This new medical center is supposed to be one of the best in the country, and they split it into two visits?

So keeping my fingers crossed until next week... Thanks for the prayers ladies!
~Charlotte(29), DH(30), M/C 3/7/11, DD Addison 2/12/12, BFP 5/29/14

hgreenwood7058 replied to smithc27's response:
boo for not much done today. Seems like they could have taken your history prior to the visit. Then labs either before or after the initial visit and all the other fun stuff too. Here they do labs, physical, pap and cultures if needed, history, u/s that day or scheduled depending on provider all at the same visit. Its a long visit but beats two visits. bleh. Yay for not passing out!. Thanking of you.
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD: 4/9/14

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 30, my DH is 37, and we have a 2 wonderful boys and a chihuahua named Wonton =) We started TTC in April 2010 and got a BFP right away, but h...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.