Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
BIRTH STORY!!!
sheekstarr posted:
Yep, you read it right ladies. My birth story! And what a story it is.. whew! (sorry I didnt call ya Tanya, DH didnt bring me your number and so I couldnt call you) Natalie Isabella Diaz was born on 11/8/2009 at 2:35pm. She weighed 4lbs11oz and is 17 inches long. It started at 330am on the 8th. I was laying in bed, trying to put my 14 month old back to sleep all while dealing with sporadic contractions and the period cramp that just wouldnt stop. At 430, tired, crampy, and agitated I woke DH and asked him to bring me the phone because I was having a pain and I wanted to see what the OB wanted me to do about it. I called and they told me to do to L&D to be monitored. So DH and I left Alex with nana and went. When we got there I was hooked up and urine was taken. Protien was still in my urine. A very high amount. Then they were picking up contraction every 2-5 mins apart. They checked me and... ready for a shocker.. I was 3.5cm dialted!!!! I didnt even know it! And they came back to check again about 30 mins later and I was at a full 4 going into 5. They admitted me because of that and because my blood pressure was high. It turns out, I had pre-eclampsia. It came on very suddenly. At my last appt we had some slight protien in my urine but no high blood pressure. A week later I had pre-e.. crazy huh? So I went up stairs, gown on, IV in, checked again, 5cm. I was on Magnesium.. AWEFUL stuff lemme tell ya.. But my blood pressure was very high. I cant remember the exact number. I was fully set up in my room by 8am and I had Natalie at 235pm. Labor was very quick. Got an epi at 7cm and only because everything happened so quickly I didnt have time to even think about coping with the pain, and the mag was making me feel like I was drunk. Natalie scored 9/9 on her Apgars. Her lungs were perfect. Skin is a gorgeous color. She eats good, although she's little Miss Princess already and eats when SHE wants to and not when I want her too. She latches pretty good but doesnt stay on all the time. But she finds me pretty good so shes an expert latcher. Im suplementing with formula for now because my milk isnt here yet. She has some jaundice so I had to take a bili blanket home. She's so fragile and her cry sounds like a kittens meow lol After effects of birth on me.. well my ankles are VERy swollen right now. I am on blood pressure meds for life now. My calcium and.. something.. i cant remember what.. are fighting with one another and so I have to be on meds for the blood pressure. My pressure keeps spiking. I am at a great risk for seizures for the next 3 weeks. Im not allowed to be alone for the next 3 weeks. I have this odd rash like thing on my chest. Its a crap load of little red dots all over my chest and they are kinds itchey but mainly just ugly. I hope they clear soon because I hate them. I didnt tear at all so down below is feeling fine after such a fast delivery (2 pushes). Im on a low sodium diet. :eyeroll: and Im ordered to be in a low stimulating enviornment. So that means no bright lights, tv on low if its on, relaxing, and no stress. Well little Miss is crying, its our first night home, let me tend to her. Pics will be on myspace tomorrow. Love you guys!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

lovcats2008 responded:
wow, what a birth story. congrats i am so excited for you. can't wait to see pics. Rena

MNHall responded:
Wow Debbie! Many congrats on your sweet little Natalie! I'm glad to hear she's doing so well! And I hope these next 3 weeks you just get better and better with no worries! Congrats and welcome to the world baby Natalie!

eokane6098 responded:
wow, BP meds from now on? I guess it didnt go down then huh?? I had the same issues after my csec but it regulated about a week after leaving the hospital. Guess the cardiac doc feels its an issue then huh? I had the spotty thing..... it was on my chest and my upper outside legs. weird thing, but it ended up drying out and becoming itchy and lotion helped. i had the same thing happen with the pre-e. one week it was slight protein, then literally 3 days later i was spiking a high bp and pouring out proteins. it was weird. i hated the mag. the mag sucked. the headache sucked. would have been a great experience without it. congrats, im glad you had an overall easy delivery! go take care of that LO! lol enjoy all the pink stuff!

Buttercup8119 responded:
Congratulations on bringing home a healthy baby girl Debbie!

amanda1581 responded:
WOW Debbie! That is so great! Congratulations on your baby girl!!!

amandagray responded:
Congrats! Can't wait to see pics!!! I can't believe you have to be on meds from now on! I am sorry...I had pre-e too...and it came on fast like yours.

mandy_moo responded:
Congrats Debbie & Junior!!! & welcome baby Natalie!!! I think it's pretty common for pre-e to come on sudden like that. Glad that everything's getting better though.

sheekstarr responded:
thanks girls. yea im on the meds from now on so far bc my BP still keeps spiking. my mother has high bp and the doc thinks maybe i do too now and that she has had this happen to some of her patients

Prayforamiracle responded:
Lurking from TTCAL.... Congrats on your new little girl. Take care of yourself!

eokane6098 responded:
Yea, Ive heard of it too. I was just like 'but she is so young and looks in normal condition'. i guess i just didnt figure you for a high blood pressure person!

sheekstarr responded:
haha neither did i until my docor said so. i was like.. what? me? shes like oh with my daughter i had pre-e as well and i always thought, im healthy and young, this cant happen to me and it did. it sucks bc im a get up and go kinda person and push myself way beyond my limits and im horrible with remembering to take meds. now i have to slow down and swallow pills twice a day.. lame :eyeroll:

mel07430 responded:
Yay Debbie!!! Congratulations!!! Welcome Natalie! :sillygrin: :sillygrin: :sillygrin: :sillygrin:

tddd responded:
Congrats!

Leigh0312 responded:
Congrats!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 37 and my DH is 30. This will be my fourth pregnancy. Have DD#1 who is 6 1/2 and DD#2 who is 5. Third pregnancy ended in m/c in June 2008 at 6 we...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.