Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Welcome to the Pregnancy After Loss Exchange!
Dorothea_WebMD_Staff posted:
Welcome to your new home in the WebMD Health Exchange!

I hope you found your way in easily. I know change can be both exciting and hard at the same time, so I?m here to help you navigate around and I?ll do my best to answer any questions you have.

Jump in and start playing around with the functionality. Try posting a discussion and adding a poll. Post a tip and share a resource. Vote on Tips and Resources as well, and see how that works.

If you have questions and I am not around, you can visit the new Welcome Exchange (http://exchanges.webmd.com/welcome-exchange ) where there will be moderators standing by throughout the next week to help. We?ve also put up some information on our Community Blog (http://blogs.webmd.com/whats-new ) that you can check out as you wait for one-on-one feedback.

I can?t wait to see all our familiar faces back in the community and sharing the wonderful support we all know and love here at WebMD.

Your Moderator
Dorothea

mel07430 responded:
The new boards are TERRIBLE!! Old posts getting put back up especially in this forum!!! SHAME on WEB MD for making these awful changes. Bring back the old way!!!!

Jennybop89 replied to mel07430's response:
I agree, these boards are HORRIBLE!! I HATE that the first post I see is the one where i posted that I had a m/c a YEAR AGO, thanks for bringing that up! And for making the other girls think I was having another m/c! You should be ashamed of yourselves! This is nothing but a big mess! What are we supposed to get out of this? Really, you couldn't just add expert boards and maybe slightly spruce up the look of the old boards, you had to go and make such a mess out of this?? Who the heck thought this was the most user-friendly way to get us the best information? That person should be FIRED!!!!

Maggie574 responded:
Is there any way to make the default on things the "Latest" tab instead of the popular tab? I'm getting annoyed that everytime I switch pages I have remember to re-select that tab.

Me (33), DH (38), DS (22m) - LO#2 on the way - EDD 3/30/10 - 3 little angels watching over us.

MNHall responded:
I agree, this layout is extremely user NON friendly.

Not only are the "popular" posts close to and over a year old, but it's really not well thought out to be bringing back posts this old. For starters, like jennybop stated, the most popular post has made her have to bring back one of the hardest times in her life. Plus other members are freaking out because they thought it was a current post. But even if this wasn't the case, in an "exchange" like this, would ANYTHING a year old that's "popular" really still be relevant? This is a community bonding over pregnancy...posts from that long ago generally do not have the same community of people still around!

My biggest complaint is the lack of readability. You used to be able to scroll down and see about 25 posts all within a little more than a computer screen. Now you have to scroll, scroll, scroll to see, what? 10 posts? And, you can't even see who started the post...only who most recently responded.

So if someone is posting about their doctor's appointment, you have no idea who it is, until you read it...you only know who most recently responded.

VERY hard on the eyes of those who want to do a quick check in on their friends!

And post anonymously!?!?!??!?!?! REALLY?????? I thought these board tried to stay away from drama....i can see that being B-A-D! VERY BAD!!!!!

MNHall replied to MNHall's response:
And where are the signatures? I always found it so helpful when I could see in the signature the posters background (if they chose to share) and their due date! It's sooo much easier to know how to post back to them!

Dorothea_WebMD_Staff replied to Maggie574's response:
Hello all,

There are a number of things the engineers are still working on and this one of them. I hope you can be patient. A lot of things don't really show up until you go live and get your members feedback,

We understand the issue with these posts under the "popular" tab and I'm truly sorry for the difficulty it's causing.

Dorothea

Dorothea_WebMD_Staff replied to MNHall's response:
Signatures are another thing on the engineers list. We do understand how important they are to most of you. Again, we appreciate your patience.

Dorothea

Dorothea_WebMD_Staff replied to Jennybop89's response:
Good news Jennybop! Your year old thread should be going away from that display shortly. Sorry for the discomfort it has caused you,

Dorothea

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mama of three, a preteen boy, and two girls ages 2 and 4. TTC since July of 09 with a couple of roadblocks along the way, I had a chemical pregnancy i...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.