Skip to content
Andie- triggs question
sarahmhoff posted:
Is it possible for any of us to tag a post TRIGGS? If so, then how?

Or are the red TRIGGER tags I see something that is done by you?

Can we please advise the board of the use of Triggs as a reminder, and also for newcomers? Before the changes to the site, wasn't there a way to keep a certain post top of page always for board rules? It would be nice if there was a way to advise of triggs in a way that a newcomer to the site would recognize right off.
Sarah (25) and DH (26) We lost our first little one in Jan 2010 at 7w, but were blessed by a BFP after just one cycle. EDD 11/28/10!!! We're on the BLUE team! Praying each day for a PAL grad.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi sarahmhoff,

I am covering for the weekend and saw your concern with a previous post. I have written to the member and included the reponses so he will know your concern and where to post.

Unfortunately, at this time only WebMD can place the red "Trigger" on posts. I will give Andie a head's up so she can put info at the top of the community page to explain how a member should place "Trigger" at the beginning of a sensitive post.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

MNHall replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
To add to that, I think this board is often confused by new WebMD members. I think they see pregnancy after loss and think it's about being post loss. So, maybe it's easily confused with a board like, coping with pregnancy loss. I know there's a small little blurb under the title of this exchange, something along the lines of "you're pregnant now, but after the loss of a baby....", but I don't think this description is as obvious as it had once been so it's not going to catch the eye of someone new that is looking for something else.

So, my request for the next change would be to make the explaination of the exchanges more obvious!
Shelley (30), DH (30), DS (05/07 - 3 yrs), DD (02/09 - 1 yr) - Both PAL Grads!! 2 m/c's (06/06 and 04/08) - EDD 11/29/10!!!!

sarahmhoff replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you for writing to him and for letting Andie know to place trigger info on the page. I hope my message wasn't too "irrational pregnant lady" (as my husband would say!), I was just thrown off-guard.
Just as Shelley (MNHall) posted, I do think that others are confused by what exactly this board is. It would be nice if a future change could include some way of explaining our community in a more obvious way to first time visitors.
Thank you for providing a community in which we can all find the support we need...even if we don't find the right board in the beginning.

I very much appreciate your attention to this, and the removal of the post.
Thanks again.
Sarah (25) and DH (26) We lost our first little one in Jan 2010 at 7w, but were blessed by a BFP after just one cycle. EDD 11/28/10!!! We're on the BLUE team! Praying each day for a PAL grad.

Mandy_Smiles responded:
Elizabeth, thank you for removing that post. I feel terrible for the man and his family but I agree with the other ladies that it was not an appropriate subject for this board. I really hope he finds the answers he is looking for and hopefully he will discuss his wealth of questions with their doctor who conducted the testing.

I also agree with the others about the Triggers and making the description about this board a little more eye-catching for new comers to avoid future incidents such as this one. I also want to thank the ladies for commenting and bringing attention to that post. Honestly when I first saw it there were no comments yet and I was afraid to say anything because I thought that maybe I was just taking it the wrong way. With a subject line like that it threw me for a loop. I was glad to see the comments and to know that I wasn't the only one who thought it was inappropriate. Thanks for keeping this board an emotional safe-haven for all of us!
Mandy 26, DH 31, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, EDD 3/27/11, Greenish-yellow team (undecided)

agbdiva replied to Mandy_Smiles's response:
There have been posts lately that have made me think I need to leave the community just because of my emotional state. My perinatologist even told me to stop reading posts, but I know for myself having the support continues to be so important. I also know there are ladies out there that need that support too.
Me (41) DH(48) I will be induced sometime the 1st week of January 2011 We're on the Pink Team! M/C 6/08(unknown) M/C 8/09(trisomy 15)

sarahmhoff replied to agbdiva's response:
I agree that there have been some more difficult posts lately, which is why I think we just need a refresher course on Trigger usage. I have been told many times throughout my pregnancy that I'm making things more difficult on myself by reading posts on this board on a regular basis, but I honestly don't know what I would have done without it. To me it's worth an emotional breakdown every now and then (which I believe I would have reguardless), to be a part of such a special little corner in this world that I can come to when no one else understands. Agbdiva- I hope that you have found this little corner to be a special place for you as well. Do what's best for you emotionally, but I hope that you find this board brings you comfort on more days than not.

agbdiva replied to sarahmhoff's response:
The regular members here have been so supportive, sometimes more supportive than my friends and family.
Me (41) DH(48) I will be induced sometime the 1st week of January 2011 We're on the Pink Team! M/C 6/08(unknown) M/C 8/09(trisomy 15)

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Ladies,

Thank you for reporting the post so we could respond in a timely manner. We always want to be as helpful as possible -- to everyone on our communities -- which sometimes means removing a post and redirecting a Member to another board.

Please, don't ever feel bad about reporting a post if it seems inappropriate or if it really needs a Trigger on it to warn others of the possible emotional trigger. As we grow into bigger and busier communities, your help in reporting posts will become more important and result in a quicker result. Since we know I can't be here 24/7, when you report something you alert all the Mods, so whomever is covering at that time can either handle it right then, or notify the appropriate Mod to the flag.

The big shiny TRIGGER button can only be added by a Mod, but if you write a post that may be emotionally upsetting, please use the word "TRIGG" in the title of the post so I see it faster and know to label with our big TRIGGER button.

I will write up a Resource post with all the Trigger info and I'll add a little announcement at the top to draw attention to it, as well. Please vote on the Resource post to keep it at the top of our Resource tab when I do post it.

I'd also like your feedback on the PAL community short description. You make a good point, Shelley, that it needs to be clearer. What do each of YOU think would be the best description to make sure new visitors know what our board is all about?

I like to know what the community feels the description should say because it helps us understand how YOU - the community - sees your board rather than how we "think" you see your board.

Thanks again and thank you for the great feedback! Keep the suggestions coming.
~Andie

Spotlight: Member Stories

29yo, DH Rob 37yo, MC's- 10/07, 11/09, 7/10; Progesterone 100mg

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.