Skip to content
? about baby dropping
sarahmhoff posted:
So for all you second time+ moms- with your first pregnancy did you experience lightening/the baby "dropping"? If so, how soon after this did your labor begin?

I know that this can happen many weeks before labor, but bc I experienced this on Sunday I can't help but be curious about your experiences.
He definately dropped- it felt like a ton of bricks! Now his movements are much lower and no longer in my ribs, I have major pressure down
below, and I feel like I can eat more. Since then I've also had *TMI alert* loose stools- which is a major change. I've had very hard stools (like rocks, lol!!)for months now. I read that this could also mean labor is nearing.

Anyway...what happened with your first?
Sarah (25) and DH (26) We lost our first little one in Jan 2010 at 7w, but were blessed by a BFP after just one cycle. EDD 11/28/10!!! We're on the BLUE team! Praying each day for a PAL grad.

mel07430 responded:
I dont remember with my DD but with this one I definatley dropped! People are noticing it too. I can breathe and eat better as well. Movements are more in the crotch area and I feel like I have a big head down there when I walk. So very comfy...NOT!! hahha
Melissa (37) DH (39) We have three angels in Heaven- 9/06, 1/07, 9/07. We have one beautiful daughter who is 2 yo. BFP 3/4/10!!!! Here we go again!!! EDD 11/13/2010. C/S scheduled 11/6. Blue Team!!

sarahmhoff responded:
BUMP!
Sarah (25) and DH (27) We lost our first little one in Jan 2010 at 7w, but were blessed by a BFP after just one cycle. EDD 11/28/10!!! We're on the BLUE team! Praying each day for a PAL grad.

teacherbeck responded:
Hey I dont have any helpful firsthand info (sorry!) but wanted to suggest...
Sometimes I lurk on the 3rd tri board... I dont even post there much, but I go there and click on the "Search this exchange" search box on the right and type a few keywords. There are usually tons of old posts that give me info & reassurance
I've used it lots of times when I was worried about something like BHC or aches and pains and found lots of helpful stuff. MAybe there will be a lot of old posts about the baby dropping?
Good luck!!
Becky (30) DH (36) BFP April '10; Juliet Christine is due Dec 27th 2010!Praying every day for my precious LO!! TRIGS 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09). Story in profile.

NCOArmyWife responded:
My first dropped at 34 weeks, and I had her full term 4 days before her due date. HTH!
Susan-27 DH-27, Layla-5 1/2, Carissa-4. M/C's: Jami 1/19/04, Leigh 10/2/08, Alex 12/8/08, Sam 1/23/09. BFP July 3 EDD 3-15-11 BLUE TEAM! Gabriel Michael

MNHall responded:
I've often heard that with baby #1, you usually drop weeks before delivery. With my DS (#1), he never dropped. I was 39 1/2 weeks when I was induced (which ended up being a bad idea as he was not ready...thus the not dropping, because I could never get him to get down into my pelvis). So with him, I didn't drop!!! But, it seems normal to drop at this point in your pregnancy! Sounds perfect, but when does that mean he's coming...no clue!

With 2nd or other pregnancies, you often don't drop until you're in labor. That's what I experienced with my #2. I never really dropped, until I was about 10cm actually, maybe more like 7-9, I don't quite remember.

With #3, while I'm much much much lower, I haven't officially dropped either. But again, most likely that will happen during labor!
Shelley (30), DH (30), DS (05/07 - 3 yrs), DD (02/09 - 1 yr) - Both PAL Grads!! 2 m/c's (06/06 and 04/08) - EDD 11/29/10!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

m/c August 2010 at 6 weeks. Me and my husband were very sad and did not try again until March 2011 and we are happy that our first time trying again w...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.