Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
question about droppin (i got a ? too!)
shanastash posted:
can the baby drop and then creep back up and then drop again?

my woo hoo hurts all the time now and occasionally i have this very heavy feeling and my tummy is alot lower when i have it but then when i rest, the pain kinda goes away and my tummy goes back to "high".

the "pain" feels as if i have a softball in between my vagina and i just "carry" it along but eventually it kinda goes away...weird right? hehe, i don't know.
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 EDD 11.20.10 PINK TEAM!!! Rx: Lovenox 40 mg, baby asprin, 1000 mcg folic acid, AND PRAYERS!

NCOArmyWife responded:
That's probably just her changing position. I could be wrong, but I don't think the baby's head can become unengaged once it is engaged.
Susan-27 DH-27, Layla-5 1/2, Carissa-4. M/C's: Jami 1/19/04, Leigh 10/2/08, Alex 12/8/08, Sam 1/23/09. BFP July 3 EDD 3-15-11 BLUE TEAM! Gabriel Michael

cloudcover responded:
I think it is just the weight of the baby on all of your internal organs. Lots of pounds pressing down. My son was 9.4 so I had that feeling for weeks. Honestly, I never even noticed if or when he dropped since he was a big baby to begin with.
Me(36) DH (38) Angel 9/07. One son 16 months after 6 IUI's. Surprise BFP 10/24/10.

alb7585 responded:
I remember that with DS. Once he dropped (around 36 weeks) I remember saying I felt like I was walking with a bowling ball between my legs. I don't remember him coming back up though. I think once their head is in the right position they stay. She could be stretching maybe...
Amanda (25), DF (26) and DS (3). Miscarriage July 2010 and BFP in August 2010. Stick baby!! EDD 05/11/2010

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me- 30 DH- 37; Juliet Christine came Dec 10th (EDD was 12/27) and she is PERFECT! 1 Furbaby- Clark Kent (pictured... so cute!) TTC Story (prob major ...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.