Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Feeling Sad....
mel07430 posted:
So it hit me that this could be my last baby. I am 37 yrs old and we definatley cannot afford 3 kids in daycare so if there is a chance for #3 it will be when DD is in Kindergarten which is about 2.5-3 yrs from now which puts me at 40. With my history I am not sure that is a good idea.

I had my last u/s today and cried bc I may never see another little one in there. I was sad because I have become a regular at that office over the last 4 yrs and may not go back there again. They all gave me hugs.

I may never feel another little one kicking me in the night and have that anticipation of meeting them.

Don't get me wrong, I am extremely blessed after losing 3 angels to have my DD an soon to have my DS but I just have not had that feeling that I am done and realize I may not have a choice.

I guess all my hormones are kicking in already and I cannot not stop thinking that I could just cry at any minute....
Melissa (37) DH (39) We have three angels in Heaven- 9/06, 1/07, 9/07. We have one beautiful daughter who is 2 yo. BFP 3/4/10!!!! Here we go again!!! EDD 11/13/2010. C/S scheduled 11/6. Blue Team!!

mlbock responded:
I completely understand Melissa! I have often thought that too as I pretty much know this is our last one. I will be 37 next week and can't imagine having another at 39 or 40 - on top of daycare costs. But it still makes me sad......

If only life worked out where I could have started younger.......

For now we can enjoy every minute!!
Marisa (36)DH (33) M/C 10/07 at 10 weeks. DS Jace PAL grad and 28 week preemie due to Eclampsia 08/08. EDD 12/21/10 - BLUE team!

NCOArmyWife responded:
::hugs:: I can understand that making you sad! I would feel the same way. I think we all expect to "feel" done and when that can't happen due to circumstances it is disappointing. It is actually just another form of grief. Blessings to you!
Susan-27 DH-27, Layla-5 1/2, Carissa-4. M/C's: Jami 1/19/04, Leigh 10/2/08, Alex 12/8/08, Sam 1/23/09. BFP July 3 EDD 3-15-11 BLUE TEAM! Gabriel Michael

cloudcover responded:
I completely understand. I am 36 and I am not sure that I will be able to do this again. Have you been able to keep a journal? I am doing that with this pregnancy so I can remember in case it doesn't happen again. It is hard to know when you are "done". Especially those of us with loses know that nothing is ever a sure thing.
Me(36) DH (38) Angel 9/07. One son 16 months after 6 IUI's. Surprise BFP 10/24/10.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Krista (29) DH (30), DS (4), DD (18 mos), 5 angels, and one on the way! EDD 10/6/10

Helpful Tips

More Than 2 Million Cribs Recalled by 7 Manufacturers
In a recent WebMD article itrecalled by Evenflo, Delta, and five other manufacturers. The recall swells to about 9 million the number of ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful