Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Feeling Sad....
mel07430 posted:
So it hit me that this could be my last baby. I am 37 yrs old and we definatley cannot afford 3 kids in daycare so if there is a chance for #3 it will be when DD is in Kindergarten which is about 2.5-3 yrs from now which puts me at 40. With my history I am not sure that is a good idea.

I had my last u/s today and cried bc I may never see another little one in there. I was sad because I have become a regular at that office over the last 4 yrs and may not go back there again. They all gave me hugs.

I may never feel another little one kicking me in the night and have that anticipation of meeting them.

Don't get me wrong, I am extremely blessed after losing 3 angels to have my DD an soon to have my DS but I just have not had that feeling that I am done and realize I may not have a choice.

I guess all my hormones are kicking in already and I cannot not stop thinking that I could just cry at any minute....
Melissa (37) DH (39) We have three angels in Heaven- 9/06, 1/07, 9/07. We have one beautiful daughter who is 2 yo. BFP 3/4/10!!!! Here we go again!!! EDD 11/13/2010. C/S scheduled 11/6. Blue Team!!

mlbock responded:
I completely understand Melissa! I have often thought that too as I pretty much know this is our last one. I will be 37 next week and can't imagine having another at 39 or 40 - on top of daycare costs. But it still makes me sad......

If only life worked out where I could have started younger.......

For now we can enjoy every minute!!
Marisa (36)DH (33) M/C 10/07 at 10 weeks. DS Jace PAL grad and 28 week preemie due to Eclampsia 08/08. EDD 12/21/10 - BLUE team!

NCOArmyWife responded:
::hugs:: I can understand that making you sad! I would feel the same way. I think we all expect to "feel" done and when that can't happen due to circumstances it is disappointing. It is actually just another form of grief. Blessings to you!
Susan-27 DH-27, Layla-5 1/2, Carissa-4. M/C's: Jami 1/19/04, Leigh 10/2/08, Alex 12/8/08, Sam 1/23/09. BFP July 3 EDD 3-15-11 BLUE TEAM! Gabriel Michael

cloudcover responded:
I completely understand. I am 36 and I am not sure that I will be able to do this again. Have you been able to keep a journal? I am doing that with this pregnancy so I can remember in case it doesn't happen again. It is hard to know when you are "done". Especially those of us with loses know that nothing is ever a sure thing.
Me(36) DH (38) Angel 9/07. One son 16 months after 6 IUI's. Surprise BFP 10/24/10.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Melissa (41) DH (43) We have three angels in Heaven- 9/06, 1/07, 9/07. We have one beautiful daughter who is 6 and an amazing son who is 3.

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.