Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
BDing while preggo...at 38 weeks
shanastash posted:
i have a question for all those ladies out there who are around 36-40 weeks, or if your woo hoo is as swollen as mine is...

i know that BDing can progress labor (well some think it does, some don't) and my question is... what if you aren't looking to progress labor and you just wanna "make love" to your baby daddy... does it still have the same outcome if you don't have an agenda? i know this all sounds crazy. i am also very swollen down there, so much so i can not bend (squwat) down anymore because it hurts so much. is anyone else having the same issue when it comes to BDing? i mean, i definately want to, just to be closer to my hubby...but it hurts!
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 EDD 11.20.10 PINK TEAM!!! Rx: Lovenox 40 mg, baby asprin, 1000 mcg folic acid, AND PRAYERS!

MNHall responded:
Okay, well, TMI of course responding to this question, but last week, before the 36 week point, I had a lot of pain and pressure after FD'ing. Interestingly enough during FD was fine, but after we were done and I stood up and so on, I was feeling very bad down there for quite a while. But last night (I'm now 36 1/2 weeks), I felt completely fine, from start to finish.

I wonder if how exhausting of a day and how much time you were on your feet has anything to do with it too?
Shelley (30), DH (30), DS (05/07 - 3 yrs), DD (02/09 - 1 yr) - Both PAL Grads!! 2 m/c's (06/06 and 04/08) - EDD 11/29/10!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

hey everyone, my name is serena. i'll be 25 years old in july and have been in a committed relationship for almost seven years(end of aug). he is ...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.