Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hehe, updates on me
shanastash posted:
sunday was my last day of work...thank goodness!!! i am sooo happy i don't have to deal with work and being nice to people when i don't feel good! but really it's about having to stand for 6 hours and work my butt off!

yesterday i went to the doc and she "stripped my membranes"...does that mean she took out my plug? she was feeling me cervix and it really truly felt like she was tickling it! i mean i actually started laughing! oh don't get me wrong, it kinda hurt and was majorly uncomfy, but it definately tickled! i know, i am weird! she said i was still at a one but my cervix was definately getting softer. she said she could feel baby's head. that freaked me out, in a good way! hehe!

jennaraya is weighing a HUGE 7 pounds 10 ounces already!!! but doc says she is measuring right on track. i am just amazed that she is already a "baby" size...even though i know i could deliver any day now...it just sounds so weird that i haven't delivered yet but she is already a baby...i know that sounds like i am completely a moron, but its FINALLY dawning on me that i am gonna have a baby. i hadn't really allowed myself to get close to this baby and now that it's literally right around the corner...i am beginning to feel a bond with her. so i am glad that we are able to do that, even though its just been a few days. better late than never right?!

conx stopped saturday night and i had alot at work on sunday, but as soon as i stopped working and was able to sit down and relax...conx has only been a few per day.

i still am thinking the 13th. so we shall see!

OH, and we have our lap top now, so i should be able to post everyday again! yey!!! and keep up on all the posts on here!
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 EDD 11.20.10 PINK TEAM!!! Rx: Lovenox 40 mg, baby asprin, 1000 mcg folic acid, AND PRAYERS!

dino44 responded:
I can't believe how close you are getting, Shana! I'm glad you are bonding with your little lady. Like you said, better late than never. That's so great that she's getting so big. I can't wait to read your birth story soon! Enjoy your time off before your pretty girl gets here!
Me: Tabatha (28), DH: Paul (29), Angel Baby @ 13 weeks, PAL graduate!!!: Emma 4/3/09, PAL 2: BFP 4/24 keeping our fingers crossed for another Graduate. EDD 12/31/10! Saw hb on 5/17! YELLOW TEAM!

teacherbeck responded:
Yay for no more work!
So so excited for you! And glad you have your laptop now

Keep us posted!!!
Becky (30) DH (36) BFP April '10; Juliet Christine is due Dec 27th 2010!Praying every day for my precious LO!! TRIGS 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09). Story in profile.

cheyenne828 replied to teacherbeck's response:
Thanks for the update, going to be rooting for you. Enjoy some nesting time!
Pam 37, DH 37 ~ TTC 1 ~ BFP 5/29/09, MC 7/7/09 ~ BFP 12/14/09, early MC 12/20/09 ~ BFP 7/24/10, EDD 4/2/11, yellow team

shanastash responded:
so i think the only nesting i am gonna do is the sudden "gotta get this done" kind when you go into labor because last night i made the mistake or not really mistake but i decided to invite my MIL over for dinner...and she had LOTS to say about how far behind i am with getting things ready for the baby...

she kept saying she could come over and help me...the thing is, i don't want HER help...she would be a huge help but not the kind i want...she doesn't put feelings into concideration when she cleans and organizes, so i would have to go through everything again once she leaves and go through everything and re organize because she would put it in the "wrong" spot or throw something out that i really wanted but looked like "junk"...like MY baby blanket from when i was a baby and then let my baby brother borrow for his baby blanket.

oh well. i got the newborn stuff washed and put away. so i am ready for baby in that sense! i gotta do the rest obviously...but for the most part now that i actually have time to do stuff now that i am off of work, i know it'll get done!

thanks for listening to my vent!
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 EDD 11.20.10 PINK TEAM!!! Rx: Lovenox 40 mg, baby asprin, 1000 mcg folic acid, AND PRAYERS!

Mandy_Smiles responded:
You are getting so close! I am excited to read your birth story! Enjoy your time off work and enjoy nesting! I completely understand how parents can be helpful but all the wrong kinds of helpful! LOL! I completely understand! When is your next d/a? KUP!
Mandy 26, DH 31, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, EDD 3/27/11, Greenish-yellow team (undecided)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Heather and I am 28 and DH (Rick) is 37. We have been TTC over 2 years. I had an early loss in Feb of 09. Baby was only 5 weeks and shou...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.