Skip to content
Freaky Friday News - Pregnant Man A Surrogate?
Andie_WebMD_Staff posted:
Have you heard about this?

"Thomas Beatie, the world's first transgender man to give birth, is hoping to make history again - by becoming the world's first transgender surrogate.

The 36-year-old and his wife Nancy welcomed their third son in July and now Beatie has plans to get pregnant again - to help couples who can't conceive."

Today is Freaky Friday. Every week I'll ask you to share a bizarre news story or share your thoughts on the one I've posted.

How do you feel about the idea of a transgender surrogate? Would you ever consider using someone like Beatie as a surrogate if you needed one?
~Andie

shanastash responded:
it wouldn't matter to me, as long as s/he had the same "end" in mind, then i think it would be an amazing "gift" no matter what the sarrogate looked like.

my family on the other hand...not as open minded as me!

and really, if the tables were turned and a transgender couldn't have their own baby, i am HOPING that someone would step up for them!!! (i don't know if i would be able to do the whole sarrogate thing, to a straight couple (born who they are now) or a transgender couple or even a gay couple...but for the people who can and will and do...good for them!
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 EDD 11.20.10 PINK TEAM!!! Rx: Lovenox 40 mg, baby asprin, 1000 mcg folic acid, AND PRAYERS!

Starla_94 responded:
People wanting to be surrogates for the right reasons are far few and between.. I don't think i could do it either unless it was like my sister or whatever but that fear of carrying a baby i don't get to keep after is the part i have a hard time with.. but if i had to have a surrogate i wouldn't probably care what they looked like its my egg and hubby's sperm they are just the "womb"

I would just want to know they are healthy , no diseases and things that would pass to baby.. someone that eats right and takes care of themselves..

So if Beatie wants to surrogate let him
Christina (34) DH (38)- 1 D/S Oct-2003, M/C April 2010, M/C June 2010 (twins) BFP on 8/15/2010 ~ GreeBean - hoping for a girl! EDD 4/28/2011

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old and married to the love of my life Nick. We are due with our first little boy May 26th 2010. We have had two miscarriages in 2008 an...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.