Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hi Ladies! (should I say, lurking?)
LindzRenee posted:

Trying to post a picture here, but not sure if it's gonna work...hmmm...also I feel a bit creepy when I say, Lurking. I'ma Lurker..haha too funny!

Just wanted to give you all a quick update and send some good vibes your way! B'feeding is going much better for Bode and I! Just wanted to share a few things that were NOT helping us with feeding:

Turns out that i had the wrong size flanges for our pump - got a size larger and I'm no longer rubbing myself raw each time I pump.

Didn't know that i was supposed to use the Lanisol (spelled wrong, but to lazy to go to the other room and look at the container) nipple ointment on the inside of the flanges. Do this and you'll be SUPER glad you did!

And I got a perscription for this 'super special ointment' from the lactation consultant. It's so super special that only certain pharmacy's carry it and they have to 'make it' right there for you. If you are having troubles with super sore nipp's ASK FOR IT! IT"S AMAZING!

Bode is back up to birth weight and he slept for 5 hours last night! Woot woot! Sending tons of vibes your way ladies! Elv's to those who need them, sticky vibes to the newbies and lot's of love to you all!
Me 31, DH 36 - MC's 3/4/9, 4/6/9 and 10/26/9 at 12w2d. BFP 2/18!!! Stick little one stick - Due 11/1/10

dino44 responded:
I'm so glad BFing is working for you now. I swear the first time around sucks. haha! There are so many things I'll do differently with this baby when it comes time.

I'm so glad Bode is sleeping well and gaining weight. It sounds like you have a happy little guy. You sound pretty happy as well :)
Me: Tabatha (28), DH: Paul (29), Angel Baby @ 13 weeks, PAL graduate!!!: Emma 4/3/09, PAL 2: BFP 4/24 keeping our fingers crossed for another Graduate. EDD 12/31/10! Saw hb on 5/17! YELLOW TEAM!

TeacherBeck responded:
So good to hear from you :) I am so happy that Bode is doing so well! Yay!
It's just so amazing to keep reading all these great birth stories and updates and know that you ladies are HOME with your little ones. Very encouraging!
Thanks for all the BF tips, too. Since this will be my first experience with BFing, I am clueless!
:) I hope little Bode gives you another good clip of sleep tonight!
Becky (30) DH (36) BFP April '10; Juliet Christine is due Dec 27th 2010!Praying every day for my precious LO!! TRIGS 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09). Story in profile.

cheyenne828 replied to TeacherBeck's response:
Hi Lindz....so glad you came in!! And yes, thanks for the tips!! Keep popping in, I definitely want to hear how you guys are doing.
Pam 37, DH 37 ~ TTC 1 ~ BFP 5/29/09, MC 7/7/09 ~ BFP 12/14/09, early MC 12/20/09 ~ BFP 7/24/10, EDD 4/2/11, yellow team

mel07430 responded:
lindz----r u on facebook??
Melissa (37) DH (39) We have three angels in Heaven- 9/06, 1/07, 9/07. We have one beautiful daughter who is 2 yo. BFP 3/4/10!!!! Here we go again!!! EDD 11/13/2010. C/S scheduled 11/6. Blue Team!!

Starla_94 responded:
Thanks for the tips.. i remember the chapping the last time with pumping.. i'm extra large normally so you can only imaging when i'm PG.. sigh.. E's G's who knows where i go.. ugh..

i used the laolin but it didn't help enough..
Christina (34) DH (38)- 1 D/S Oct-2003, M/C April 2010, M/C June 2010 (twins) BFP on 8/15/2010 ~ GreeBean - hoping for a girl! EDD 4/28/2011

jedmonds12 replied to Starla_94's response:
Ditto what Becky and Pam said!! I'll take all the BF'ing tips I can get at this point; I think it's in my top 3 worries, TBH. Also super glad to hear things are going well. All these lovely birth stories and the news from home make me feel very optimistic!
Julie (27) DF (34). One MC 5/10 at 7 wks. BFP 8/9/10! It's a boy!!! EDD 4/18/11

Starla_94 replied to jedmonds12's response:
Julie might look for some BF classes in your area, I really wish i knew then what i knew now.. i might not of had such a hard time with DS>. and it really hit me hard emotionally making my depression issue evenworse! UGH.. I recently took a class they had in the office for us and i was just amazed with what she had to say i was like why didn't i knowthis the FIRST time! lolol :)
Christina (34) DH (38)- 1 D/S Oct-2003, M/C April 2010, M/C June 2010 (twins) BFP on 8/15/2010 ~ GreeBean - hoping for a girl! EDD 4/28/2011

Mandy_Smiles responded:
Thanks Lindz for the advice! I am like the others and will take all of the advice I can get. I'm so glad to hear everything is going so well for you and Bode! KUP! :)
Mandy 26, DH 31, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, EDD 3/27/11, Pink team! :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well....my husband and I decided to start our TTC journey in June of 09 and got KU in August 09. We were so excited. We found out we lost our little a...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.