Skip to content
ANY IDEAS
bbylove21 posted:
Im about 8 weeks along and hoping to have a PAL graduate next June , we have yet to tell our families about it, but hoping to pass the 3 mos. first. How should we do it ?? i think they're suspecting
Adriana(21) DH(26) mc at 9 weeks in 5/22/10 now 6 wks along edd 6/29/10 so excited!!

teacherbeck responded:
Congrats!! It sounds like you'll be close to Christmas when you announce...
When we were pg the 1st time, we announced right around Easter. We used plastic Easter eggs and put a slip inside saying "You are going to be an ____!" (aunt, uncle, grandpa, etc). We gave everyone a mini basket with candy and the 1 egg and told them a special treat was inside and to open it right then. It was fun & gave them a little keepsake.

Maybe you could do it with little Cmas presents with the announcement inside, or an ornament that says "Grandma" "Aunt" etc... something along those lines.

I'm glad you are excited about sharing your BIG news! Have fun!
Becky (30) DH (36) BFP April '10; Juliet Christine is due Dec 27th 2010!Praying every day for my precious LO!! TRIGS 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09). Story in profile.

bbylove21 replied to teacherbeck's response:
Yeah I'm exited .. Last time my D/H couldn't hold the news for more than 5 minutes and blurted out and we ended up with a m/c :[ ... But i wanna do something special this time around..
Adriana(21) DH(26) mc at 9 weeks in 5/22/10 BFP!! 9/25/10 EDD 6/29/10 Yay summer baby!! Chicago is cold! Yellow team

shanastash responded:
could you make ornaments with a sonogram in it? like the clear ones you can get at joann's or something like that. put little itty pine cones in them and maybe some snow...and make copies of your u/s on cardstock and on the back of it write your due date and a cute little holiday saying.

make everyone open at the same time and so that way everyone has a keepsake and everyone has their "own moment" of when they found out.

good luck!!! i love hearing stories of how people tell their families!!!
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 EDD 11.20.10 PINK TEAM!!! Rx: Lovenox 40 mg, baby asprin, 1000 mcg folic acid, AND PRAYERS!

bbylove21 replied to shanastash's response:
Great idea thanks..
Adriana(21) DH(26) mc at 9 weeks in 5/22/10 BFP!! 9/25/10 EDD 6/29/10 Yay summer baby!! Chicago is cold! Yellow team

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old and married to my wonderful husband since 2007. We are expecting our first baby. This is our second pregnancy, but we lost the first...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.