Skip to content
PAL grad with c-section question
shanastash posted:
not sure where to go on the all boards...hoping someone can help me whose had a c-section before.

and also not trying to scare anyone who will need one either...

i got my stitches out on wednesday. it's felt as if i had this small ity bity opening (like my skin had over lapped itself and part of my skin didn't get stitched -think small hole in a seam of a sleeve-) and now, 10 days since getting the incision, it's starting to leak a bloody, creamy liquid. i smelled it and it doesn't smell like puss, but it also doesn't smell like blood. my problem, its the weekend and i don't really wanna call the doc because they will make me go to ER and i don't have an extra hundred bucks to be seen.

is this seepage normal (it looks like the drain thing did the first 3 days and then it eventually started turning yellow)? or does it warrent me a trip to the ER???

the doc line that i would call is outsourced this weekend and its just a doc who doesn't know me...
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 EDD 11.20.10 PINK TEAM!!! Rx: Lovenox 40 mg, baby asprin, 1000 mcg folic acid, AND PRAYERS!

TanyaJP responded:
don't think it's normal. i didn't have any of that...and it doesn't sound right if it's bloody looking. i would at the very least call.
Tanya (36), DH (36), DS (Eric-2), DSD (Cera-11) and DSS (Trent-13). 4 angels in heaven with my daddy RIP. Maxx Alexander born 9/22/10, 10 lbs, 1 oz and 21 inches long.

shanastash replied to TanyaJP's response:
have an appt tomorrow to have my blood pressure checked for my swollen feet still, gonna ask the NURSE to check it out, in hopes that i dont have to pay for the doc to see it. i am on disablity/maternity leave and my hubby is running out of moolah!

it turned to that scabby ooz stuff and now has almost disappeared. i am (GROSS I KNOW...) gonna save the pantiliner i have that covers it (not for my woohoo, just the oozy spot) so they can at least see what i am/was talking about even if it doesn't show up anymore.
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 EDD 11.20.10 PINK TEAM!!! Rx: Lovenox 40 mg, baby asprin, 1000 mcg folic acid, AND PRAYERS!

cloudcover replied to shanastash's response:
I've had a miscarriage and did not have that. It doesn't sound like an emergency and could probably wait until normal working hours. If you are having problems with health insurance, you may want to look into your States WIC program (Woman, Infants and Children). I haven't used it, but I know people who have and it covers a lot.
Me(36) DH (38) Angel 9/07. One son 16 months after 6 IUI's. Surprise BFP 10/24/10.

cloudcover replied to cloudcover's response:
I meant to say, I've had a c-section NOT miscarriage. I have the WORST pregnancy brain right now!
Me(36) DH (38) Angel 9/07. One son 16 months after 6 IUI's. Surprise BFP 10/24/10.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (32) Proud work-from-home mama to my petite little pixie, born 9.28.08, and my bouncing baby boy is due to arrive 5.14.10! Two little ones lost 4/0...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.