Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dinner Ideas
alb7585 posted:
Ok ladies I need some new dinner ideas. I am tired of all mine so what are your fall backs?

Lately its been tater tot casserole, speghitti, stroganoff, and chicken and mushroom rice bake ...
Amanda (25), DF (26) and DS (3). Miscarriage July 2010 and BFP in August 2010. Stick baby!! EDD 05/8/2011

dino44 responded:
You can make enchilada casserole. It's super fast and easy. If you're interested and don't know how to make it, just let me know, and I'll tell you how.
Me: Tabatha (28), DH: Paul (29), Angel Baby @ 13 weeks, PAL graduate!!!: Emma 4/3/09, PAL 2: BFP 4/24 keeping our fingers crossed for another Graduate. EDD 12/31/10! Saw hb on 5/17! YELLOW TEAM!

jedmonds12 responded:
Whenever I get bored with my standbys I go recipe hunting at foodnetwork.com. Rachael Ray has lots of easy, cheap, fun meals. I've been on a pasta kick lately, so I'll share a couple of my easy favorites with you.

I like a cheater version of burgundy beef: 1 can cream of mushroom soup whisked with 1 can burgundy wine (use the soup can to measure), a packet of french onion soup mix, and a little can of sliced mushrooms (if you want) in the crockpot with 1 lb stew beef. When you get home, boil some egg noodles and serve the beef/sauce on top. Kind of a twist on stroganoff.

A super-easy mac'n'cheese recipe: boil 2 cups macaroni (1 pkg), set aside to drain, use the same pot and saute 1 medium minced onion (if you like onion) in 2-3 tbsp butter, after the onion is soft, add 2-3 tbsp flour to the butter/onion mixture. Add 2 cups of warmed half-n-half, whisking to blend the mixture together, 3-4 minutes until it thickens and is hot. Add a pinch of dry mustard, then take it off the heat and stir in 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar until it's melted, then add your macaroni back in. Serve with a green salad, or carrot & celery sticks. Kind of a childish meal, but sometimes those are the best.
Julie (27) DF (34). One MC 5/10 at 7 wks. BFP 8/9/10! It's a boy!!! EDD 4/18/11

alb7585 replied to dino44's response:
Ohh that sounds good. How do you make it??
Amanda (25), DF (26) and DS (3). Miscarriage July 2010 and BFP in August 2010. Stick baby!! EDD 05/8/2011

dino44 replied to alb7585's response:
Brown some meat. I use ground turkey, but you can use ground beef as well. Add some salt and pepper, and dump in a can of refried beans. Once the beans heat up, add a little bit of the enchilada sauce for flavor. Get a casserole dish and coat the bottom with enchilada sauce. Line the bottom with tortillas (you can use flour or corn tortillas), and sprinkle some cheese over the tortillas. Spread the bean mixture on top of that, and add another layer of tortillas. Pour the rest of your enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with some more cheese. Bake at 350 until cheese is melted.

For this recipe, I use red sauce. I also make a version with chicken or pork instead of the ground turkey or beef, and I use green chili enchilada sauce for that. Both are so yummy and so easy! Also, if I don't have any refired beans around, I will just dump in some whole pinto beans instead, and that works great, too.
Me: Tabatha (28), DH: Paul (29), Angel Baby @ 13 weeks, PAL graduate!!!: Emma 4/3/09, PAL 2: BFP 4/24 keeping our fingers crossed for another Graduate. EDD 12/31/10! Saw hb on 5/17! YELLOW TEAM!

Mandy_Smiles responded:
Last night I tried something different. In the salad dressing area of the grocery store you can find ranch powder packets to make your own ranch at home. I took the ranch and put it in a skillet and added about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, about 2 tablespoons of vinegar, generous sprinkling of ground pepper, and about a cup of water and whisked it all together. Then I chopped up some chicken into 1x1 inch pieces and cooked the chicken in the ranch sauce. I put the yummy ranch chicken on top of a huge salad and had some hot rolls on the side. I am trying to focus on eating better since I have let my cravings get the best of me lately. Reading all of these yummy meal ideas has made me very hungry!
Mandy 26, DH 31, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, EDD 3/27/11, Pink team! :)

agbdiva responded:
I love www.kraftfoods.com. I made a chicken pot pie Sunday that was delicious and easy. Also look for a recipe called cheeseburger rice on their website.

Yesterday I put a whole chicken in the crock pot with a bottle of BBQ sauce and cooked it all day. I served steamed corn, and mashed sweet potatoes with it.
Me (41) DH(48) I will be induced sometime the 1st week of January 2011 We're on the Pink Team! M/C 6/08(unknown) M/C 8/09(trisomy 15)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Charlotte and I have been married to my husband, Brandon, for five years. Our first BFP in February 2011 was also a BFS (big fat surprise!)...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.