Skip to content
"In the mood" question
MommaSampson posted:
Sorry in advance for asking such a personal question but when did everyone finally feel like it? I'm 13 weeks today and just the thought of it makes me cringe still. My DH is feeling neglected and getting frustrated. I need some help!
I'm 26 and DH is 29.  We have two little girls, 6 & 4.  We are expecting baby 3 in June 2011!

lady_samwise responded:
I can't really help you here, I never noticed a decrease in my libido until now (32wks) when no position is comfortable. I have heard that around the end of the first trimester libido is supposed to pick up for some women, but if it doesn't for you in a couple weeks it might not at all. Either way everyone is different. You husband may continue to have to go without or you'll need to cave in maybe. lol. Well I hope everything works out.
Jessica (22) DH (23) 2 m/c's BFP 6-4-2010 EDD 2-9-2011 Blue Team!

jedmonds12 responded:
I was in my 14th week, almost to my 15th before I finally felt like it. I did cave in a few times before that (because it's not all about me) and ended up enjoying it. But I didn't feel the urge until almost week 15. I still enjoy it, and I hope to until well into my 3rd tri.
Julie (27) DF (34). One MC 5/10 at 7 wks. BFP 8/9/10! It's a boy!!! EDD 4/18/11

bbylove21 replied to jedmonds12's response:
I did the same thing julie, I was just being lazy!!
Adriana(21) DH(26) mc at 9 weeks in 5/22/10 BFP!! 9/25/10 EDD 6/29/10 Yay summer baby!! Chicago is cold! Yellow team

shanastash responded:
lurking...

i was around 14 or 15 weeks when i finally started to feel like it again. it wasn't that i wanted it, it just didn't make me cringe...but it went back to the cringe thing at about 26ish weeks. BUT there is hope, i want to now that i had the baby, except now we have to wait. but the want to is there and its DEFINATELY there ;) hehe. but i am affraid that since we have to wait, the want to is gonna go away again. i guess its just one vishious cycle.

good luck! ... when i was in the cringe stage, if the mood did hit, we did it right away, so it wouldn't go away when the "time was right", we made the time right by when i wanted it! oh also, TMI TMI TMI doggie style helps alot because you don't have to look at him and you don't have to worry about your facial expressions cuz i am sure i rolled my eyes a time or 2...and it helps to "exagerate the moment!" too!
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 Jennaraya Kailani born 11.16.10 @ 11:48 pm, 8 lbs. 1 oz. 20.25 inches long!

RachelNuke responded:
I'm 18 weeks and I haven't had the desire to almost the entire pregnancy. We have done it a few times, but everytime it was not really enjoyable for me, so we do other stuff most of the time. I've found that if I give him something, anything, at least once a week he is fine and doesn't bug me :)
Me 29, DH 27, MC 11/08, BFP 9/11/10, EDD 5/21/11 Green Team, should know 12/23!

coudymom responded:
I'm sure this is an old wives tale, but I had several people tell me that your libido may be an indication of the sex of the baby. Supposedly, if it's a boy it decreases, and if it's a girl it increases. Now, for me personally, this was true. When I was pregnant with my son I didn't care to do it at all. With my daughter, I thought about it non-stop and wanted it all the time. This is the third time around, and once again I could really care less. So I guess I'll have to wait and see if this holds true again.
Me(33), DH(38), DS(10), DD(7) M/C 1/10, BFP 9/25/10 EDD 6/3/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (31) DH (31) DS (pal grad 1/17/10). m/c 5/08 10/08. Trust in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.