Skip to content
Birth Story
dino44 posted:
Asher Huckleberry Hancock was born at 4:05am 12/21. He is 7lbs 4oz and 20 inches. He is absolutely perfect!

Long: I wasn't feeling Baby move a whole lot yesterday, so I headed in to L&D to be monitored. Baby looked good, but he had a drop in his heart rate. My doctor ordered a biophysical profile to make sure everything was fine. We failed the BPP. Baby wouldn't move or practice breathing and there was practically no amniotic fluid around him. I had been having contractions all day, and my doctor decided an induction would be best at this point. We started out with a dose of prostaglandin gel at 6:00pm. At 6:30, my water broke on its own. When my water broke, Baby stopped moving again. It took a couple hours to get him perked up again. By then, I had progressed from 1.5cm / 80% to 4cm / 100%. I walked around for a little while, but the contraction were coming fast and hard, one on top of each other. I went back to my room in tears. DH was at home with DD and waiting for my mom to come take over. He got to my room as I did, and I told the nurse I needed something for the pain. She gave me stadol (sp?) to take the edge off. That was great for a few hours. Around 12AM it wore off, and I was sent to walk the halls again. My contractions were unbearable and right on top of each other again. I finally broke down and got an epidural, and I was so glad I did! I was 5cm at this point, and we figured I might have a little while still. I tried to nap but couldn't. I missed my daughter so much. At around 2AM, my nurse came in to check me, and I was 8cm. At 3AM, I called my nurse to say I felt pressure. I was complete, so she called for the doctor. I started pushing at 3:40AM, and my little guy was born at 4:05AM. He is perfect and beautiful and nursing like a pro. I feel fantastic. I don't feel like I just had a baby at all. I didn't tear, I am only a little swollen and I've been able to walk around just fine. Asher is the best Christmas present our family could have asked for
Me: Tabatha (28), DH: Paul (29), Angel Baby @ 13 weeks, PAL graduate!!!: Emma 4/3/09, PAL 2: BFP 4/24 keeping our fingers crossed for another Graduate. EDD 12/31/10! Saw hb on 5/17! YELLOW TEAM!

RachelNuke responded:
Congratulations! That is such an amazing birth story. I'm so proud of you

I love the name you chose for little Asher Enjoy your new baby boy
Me 29, DH 27, MC 11/08, BFP 9/11/10, EDD 5/21/11 Green Team, should know 12/23!

Mandy_Smiles responded:
Congratulations Tabatha!!! Way to go momma! I can't believe you just had him this morning and you feel like you didn't have a baby at all! That gives me hope! LOL! I LOVE his name! So cute!
Mandy 26, DH 31, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, EDD 3/27/11 and we are thinking about calling her Gwenyth Grace :)

jedmonds12 responded:
Oh Tabatha, what a great story!! I teared up a little Congratulations to you and welcome Asher!! I'm so happy for you. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas together!
Julie (27) DF (34). One MC 5/10 at 7 wks. BFP 8/9/10! It's a boy!!! EDD 4/18/11

lady_samwise responded:
Congratulations I'm glad you and Asher are doing good. I hope I feel like you do after mine gets here lol
Jessica (22) DH (23) 2 m/c's BFP 6-4-2010 EDD 2-9-2011 Blue Team!

MNHall responded:
Wow mama....you were updating within hours!!!! So glad to hear you are feeling well...many congrats...and Happy Birthday Asher!
Shelley (30), DH (30), DS (05/07 - 3 yrs), DD (02/09 - 1 yr) - Both PAL Grads!! 2 m/c's (06/06 and 04/08) - EDD 11/29/10!!!!

teacherbeck responded:
Wow! Congrats! I am so glad you are feeling good and that everything turned out great
Send me some of those "nursing like a pro vibes
OY! We need them!
Becky (30) DH (37) BFP April '10; It's a girl! Juliet Christine is due Dec 27th 2010! Praying every day for my precious LO! TRIGS 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09); story in profile.

cheyenne828 replied to teacherbeck's response:
Another birth! Great story and congratulations. And also so happy that you're feeling good. Enjoy the holidays with the newest member of the family!!
Pam 37, DH 37 ~ TTC 1 ~ BFP 5/29/09, MC 7/7/09 ~ BFP 12/14/09, early MC 12/20/09 ~ BFP 7/24/10, EDD 4/2/11, yellow team

jamiejo78 responded:
Congrats Tabatha! What a great birth story! Welcome to the world baby Asher! What a wonderful Christmas present for you all!
ME (32), DH (36), 3 stepchildren (12), (9), (6), two twin angel babies, Faith and Jenna-went home at 24 1/2 weeks on 7/26/2009 Baby K due 1/23/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married since 2005. I have one son who will be 3 this fall. We have had 2 chemical pregnancies and 2 missed m/c with D&C. I take an aspirin while ...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.