Skip to content
Birth story long
newmommy301978 posted:
Monday the 20th went into labor and delivery to begin induction with cervadil which didn't hurt but due to nerves only slept three hours, the next morning my doc came in at 7:45 to check me and remove the cervadil I was 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced and she ordered the nurse to start me on pitocin after I took a quick shower. Pitocin on board at 8:15, where contractions started out about 30 min later but were mild but then at 10:30am my contractions started coming every 5 min and stronger so I got demerol and zofran for the pain hoping I would be able to put off the epi till I hit 4cm, at 11:00 my doc came in and checked me I was a three and she decided to break my water where she found I had meconium in my fluid so she ordered an amnioinfusion and she bumped my pitocin up to speed things up well let me just say not soon after she did that my contractions started coming on stronger and I am literally screaming in my room due to the pain being so bad, I'm sure I scared everyone on that floor LOL but they were coming 1 minute apart so pretty much on top of each other, I finally couldn't take it after an hour and asked for the epi which took the anesthesiologist forever to get there, when he did I was just prarying I could sit still long enough for the procedure but I did and it didn't even hurt since I was in so much pain, in the middle of him threading the catheter in i told the nurse I could feel pressure and alot of it so when he was done she checked me and I went from a 3 to a 10 in an hour and 100% effaced doc was paged and I was allowed to push oh and to top it off since i was a 10 the epi didnt work.... So after 40 min of pushing they put a scalp electrode on baby since his heart rate was going down to the 80"S but an hour and a half into it I had made no progress so I told the nurse I gave up and wanted a csection and which my ob agreed so I was wheeled into surgery and my little boy was born at 3:14pm weighing in at 6 pounds 14 ounces and 19.5 inches long with apgars 8/9, I got to see him for a few minutes before my husband had to go with him to the nursery and they finished my surgery and tubal ligation, I didn't get to see him again till 6 at night and when I held him it was love at first sight he totally just stared at me and rested his little head on my chest and was so content.

Now we were released two days later and even though me and my husband are extremely exhausted due to no sleep it was so worth it, he is the exact replica of my hubby, so handsome and such a content baby for the most part. I wish you all the best and good luck, I really appreciate all the support during the months even though I didn't post all the time.
Jessica(32)DH(34)my little angel boy went to heaven april 4 2009 at 24 weeks, m/c august 2009, now currently expecting a baby boy Liam Nicola Dec 23, 2010, scheduled induction 12/20

dino44 responded:
Congratulations on your little guy, Jessica. It sounds like you had some scary moments. I'm glad everything turned out perfectly in the end. I hope you get some good rest soon and recover quickly. Welcome to the world, Liam! I think our boys have the same birthday!
Me: Tabatha (28), DH: Paul (29), Angel Baby @ 13 weeks, PAL graduate!!!: Emma 4/3/09, PAL 2: BFP 4/24 keeping our fingers crossed for another Graduate. EDD 12/31/10! Saw hb on 5/17! YELLOW TEAM!

teacherbeck responded:
Congrats! I am so glad everything turned out so well and that you are home with your sweet Liam.
I am sorry you had some scares. My LO had the mecomuim too and it made me nervous but it turned out fine.

Yay that our LOs are here and safe and sound!
Becky (30) DH (37) One brand-new LO, Juliet Christine came Dec 10th (EDD was 12/27), and she is PERFECT! TRIGS: 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09), story in profile.

Mandy_Smiles responded:
Congratulations Jessica! I'm sorry you had such a tough delivery but I am so happy little Liam is in your arms! Welcome to the world Liam!
Mandy 26, DH 31, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, EDD 3/27/11 and we are thinking about calling her Gwenyth Grace :)

jedmonds12 responded:
Jessica, congratulations on bringing Liam into the world! I have to give you credit for trying so hard and for so long I'm glad you're both OK. ((hugs))
Julie (27) DF (34). One MC 5/10 at 7 wks. BFP 8/9/10! It's a boy!!! EDD 4/18/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

-- Kelly (33) ~*~ Craig (36) ~*~ Eliana (5) ~*~ Joshua (3.5) ~*~ Rebekah (1.5) ~*~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~*~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~*~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.