Skip to content
TRIGGS Anyone terrified that it will happen again?
crispy_critty posted:
[TRIGGER] This is quite long, sorry... First off let me say that I've been trying to somewhat hold this in, but I just simply can not anymore. I am 22 weeks pregnant, but everyday I am terrified that I may lose this one as well. I am already high risk for my cervix shortening and funneling. I'm also on the 17p shots to try and keep me from having a pre-term baby again. Here is a little background about me. I had polyhydraminos(Too much fluid), shortening cervix and IUGR with my 2nd child. Before I got pregnant with him, I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks. Part of me kind of blamed myself for getting pregnant shortly after the miscarriage. I felt that because of that, I was the cause of these problems. My second child came out at 32 weeks with severely underdeveloped lungs and had to have emergency surgery and be put on a ventilator. He did however make it through everything and survived. That time in the NICU just about killed all of me it felt like. Then at 6 months he developed RSV which he was then rushed to children's healthcare of atlanta. They gave him a 50/50 chance, and he ended up making it as well. Anyways. The main reason I am typing this is because right before I got pregnant with the child I am pregnant with now I also miscarried. I miscarried at 11 weeks in July of 2010. I then got pregnant again in August. I'm so concerned that what happened to my 2nd son will happen to this one. Then I am left here also concerned that I may lose this one as well because of the shortening cervix and funneling. They are keeping great tabs on me with weekly appointments and with my nurse coming by weekly as well. I just have this "bad feeling" I guess. Maybe I just haven't come to terms that this is real and the doctors are doing everything to keep my child in there. I don't know.

How are you ladies handling this? Any pointers to help make me less worried or atleast help me from not stressing out with every cramp and every time I feel pelvic pressure? Thanks in advance everyone.

TeacherBeck responded:
((((hugs))) I am so sorry for your losses and for the health scares with your son. Your worries are normal for what you've been thru, and totally understood around here!
I am actually "lurking" b/c I just had my baby girl on Dec 10th :)
I did worry the whole pregnancy this time. (TRIGS- we lost a son at 20 wks, story in my profile). Although I really enjoyed the pregnancy and bonded with the baby, a part of me felt like any minute everything could be lost again. Even when I had her, I was craning my neck to see that she really was OK.

What helped me most during the pregnancy was coming here, seeing other ladies who had experienced loss having healthy pregnancies with happy endings. I loved reading the birth stories and telling myself 'That will be ME soon!" It was so nice to come here and vent about stupid things people said to me or worries I was having.
Early in the pregnancy I googled a lot of symptoms and drove myself nuts. Once I stopped that, I worried a lot less.
I also found that most of my loved ones did NOT "get it" and usually made me feel worse when I confided in them. So I stopped trying to justify my worries & fears to those who haven't been in my shoes and chose to confide in my husband and the ladies on this board.
I hope your pregnancy is wonderful and easy this time around. I hope you find this board to be as wonderful as it was for me!
Becky (30) DH (37) One brand-new LO, Juliet Christine came Dec 10th (EDD was 12/27), and she is PERFECT! TRIGS: 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09), story in profile.

crispy_critty replied to TeacherBeck's response:
Thank you for your kind words. I've just been super uneasy this whole pregnancy. And yeah, just like you said, when I would tell family members or friends about my concerns they'd either say something like "you might be going into pre-term labor!" and would scare me more or they'd say "you're just being paranoid" which would make me feel worse. Oh and congratulations on your new edition!!!! :) That's awesome to hear!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Summer and I'm 29 yo. My DH and I have been married for 2 & half years but we will have been together for a total of 13 & half ...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.