Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
LAMAZE question?
bbylove21 posted:
Is any one plannig ..or already attended one of these already ? and is it a waste of time.
Adriana(21) DH(26) mc at 9 weeks in 5/22/10 BFP!! 9/25/10 EDD 6/29/10 Yay summer baby!! Chicago is cold! Yellow team

alb7585 responded:
I am probably no help ... but I took it with my DS and out of 8 women in the class we all ended up with c-sections. Everyone I know who did NOT take the class had a natural delivery. So ... I don't know what that means but I am not going to go again :-)
Amanda (25), DF (26) and DS (3). Miscarriage July 2010 and BFP in August 2010. Stick baby!! EDD 05/8/2011

Gonnamissmyson responded:
Yeah IDK. I didnt do it with my DD. I think for me, I come from a big family, my mom had 10 kids, I have 11 nieces and nephews. I was in the room when some of them were born. So for me, I didnt think I needed it with all that experience and that many women to help me. When the day came, I was in labor from 8am till about 1030 at night, I dont know if even if I had done it if it would have helped? There was just so much going on and when it was time to push, it just kinda happened. But, everyone is different, I guess it just depends on the person.
Star 26 DD 2 11/25/08 and DS RIP @ 25 weeks due to a encephalocele and a diaphragmatic hernia 07/31/09 BFP 12/02/10!! EDD 08/01/2011 Hoping for a healthy baby, wouldnt hurt if I got my boy!

Mandy_Smiles responded:
I would really like to take a class like this so that DH isn't so nervous about the delivery. He is afraid of being in the room with such serious stuff happening! LOL! He thinks it should be doctor's only in case something goes wrong, he doesn't want to be in the way. I think that if I could get him to go to a class like this with me he would feel more calm knowing that we have a "plan".
Mandy 26, DH 31, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, EDD 3/27/11 and we are thinking about calling her Gwenyth Grace :)

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to alb7585's response:
Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that there's an article and another conversation going on in the 1st Trimester community on Choosing Childbirth Classes .

There's more replies here than there, but you might like the article and feel free to jump in on the 1st Tri thread, too!

Happy hunting. :)
~Andie

cheyenne828 replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
I've signed up for one. I don't think it's absolutely necessary, but I think it will be a good learning experience and agree with Mandy, I'm hoping DH gets something out of it. We're taking it on 1/22, so I'll let you know! If I forget, remind me and I'll post about it.
Pam 37, DH 37 ~ TTC 1 ~ BFP 5/29/09, MC 7/7/09 ~ BFP 12/14/09, early MC 12/20/09 ~ BFP 7/24/10, EDD 4/2/11, yellow team

TeacherBeck responded:
(recent grad lurking...)
This info isn't specifically about Lamaze... hope it's still helpful-
I wanted to take a childbirth class but they were not at good times for us; I didn't like the idea of NOT taking a class, so we bought a DVD and watched it together.
It was called Laugh & Learn About Childbirth. It was set up like an informal childbirth class with participants asking questions. It gave a lot of info and helped me understand dialation, station, signs of labor etc. I liked it b/c we could watch 30 min here and there (it was divided into sessions).

I REALLY wish I had taken CPR/First aid- it's been a few years since I had those classes. IMO, the "baby care" class would have been a waste of time b/c the nurses can show you what to do and bathing/changing/diapering was not as hard as I thought it would be :)
HTH! :)
Becky (30) DH (37) One brand-new LO, Juliet Christine came Dec 10th (EDD was 12/27), and she is PERFECT! TRIGS: 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09), story in profile.

bbylove21 responded:
hey ladies.. i feel it will be a nice bonding experience with the husband ..i still feel he's not as connected with this pregnancy because of the loss so i wanna do it all..So i will sign up
Adriana(21) DH(26) mc at 9 weeks in 5/22/10 BFP!! 9/25/10 EDD 6/29/10 Yay summer baby!! Chicago is cold! Yellow team

mrslee97658 replied to bbylove21's response:
I took them with my other children but I proly won't this time only because I've been through it so much. But it did help to remember how to breathe when I was forced not to push during delivery, it I didn't take that class I proly woulda passed out lol.
Me Ruth(27), DH (42) DS1(11), DD(8), DS2(4), DS3(3) M/c 1@6wks 9/06,M/C 2 D

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had been married to my dh Cody for 5 1/2 years before we decided to start ttc. After almost a year of trying I finally got a bfp and we were ecstati...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.