Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
1st time parent mistakes lol
lady_samwise posted:
This made me feel a little bit less worried about being a first time mom. At least if I mess something up I'm in good company.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_laugh-and-learn-new-parents-share-their-most-embarrassing-mi_9792.bc
Jessica (22) DH (23) 2 m/c's BFP 6-4-2010 EDD 2-9-2011 Blue Team!

Mandy_Smiles responded:
Thanks for sharing this!
Mandy 26, DH 31, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, EDD 3/27/11 and we are thinking about calling her Gwenyth Grace :)

alb7585 responded:
From first hand experience as a first time mom ... well the most embarassing moments are at the top of the list. To help I thought I lost DS when he was 2 months old in my house. I laid him down and went to straighten up the house. Well when he had been quiet and I had finished in the kitchen I went to go check on him. Well I thought I laid him in the living room ... not there. Then I checked my bed and thought he rolled off (keep in mind at this time I am in a COMPLETE panic) and I looked under the bed, in his bassinet, on my bed, under covers ... freaking out. So then I go check in his crib ... there he was snoozing contently away ... I felt like such an idiot.
Amanda (25), DF (26) and DS (3). Miscarriage July 2010 and BFP in August 2010. Stick baby!! EDD 05/8/2011

teacherbeck responded:
Grad lurking I love saying that!

LOL these stories were hilarious!
So far, I think the craziest thing I have done is calling DD kitty kitty kitty and another time started to dangle a ribbon in front of her (it's part of my robe). Both times I felt like such an idiot and was glad no one was around, and I blame it on total lack of sleep!

I guess after being mommy to only a cat for 5 years I can get confused.
Becky (30) DH (37) One brand-new LO, Juliet Christine came Dec 10th (EDD was 12/27), and she is PERFECT! TRIGS: 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09), story in profile.

jedmonds12 replied to teacherbeck's response:
LOL! Oh man, those were good! The projectile vomiting one had me laughing out loud at my desk, and the bug spray one had tears in my eyes!!!
Julie (27) DF (34). One MC 5/10 at 7 wks. BFP 8/9/10! It's a boy!!! EDD 4/18/11

cheyenne828 replied to jedmonds12's response:
I also laughed out loud. So funny!!
Pam 37, DH 37 ~ TTC 1 ~ BFP 5/29/09, MC 7/7/09 ~ BFP 12/14/09, early MC 12/20/09 ~ BFP 7/24/10, EDD 4/2/11, yellow team

Spotlight: Member Stories

Trigg: 27yrs old married to high school sweetheart we have a 6 year old son who will be seven Nov 2 and my due date now is Nov 23!! I had our baby gir...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.