Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
It's time to register and I am just not ready. TRIGGS!
Mandy_Smiles posted:
TRIGGS! My MIL is sending out the baby shower invitations tomorrow so that means that I have procrastinated as much as possible on registering. I don't realy feel like I am ready for this but I don't really have a choice. I have to go and do it alone too since DH is very anti-baby stores and play off football is on. He just doens't understand that this has to get done today. I am sitting here crying right now because I feel like this is going to jinx everything and it terrifies me that something is still going to go wrong. Everyone thinks that just because she is getting so big and kicking me so hard now it hurts, that everything is going perfect, but there are still SO MANY things that could still happen. I am 30w 3d and in less than 7 weeks she will be considered full term. I am just trying to hold onto that, but having to register is something I completely forgot about having to do. Now, suddenly it is all happening so fast and I have to do it today. I just wish March would hurry up and get here already so that she can be safe in my arms. I honestly don't know how I am going to be able to do this by myself but I guess I have to figure it out. I wish DH would go with me, but I cannot handle my emotions and having to listen to him ask me to hurry up so that he can get home to watch football. He understands that this is hard for me and he is very supportive and has already let me cry in his arms, but he just thinks I should wait until tomorrow to do it, but I sorta want to have tomorrow to recover from this before I have to go back to work on Tuesday. Make sense? Thanks for listening.
Mandy 26, DH 31, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, EDD 3/27/11 and we are thinking about calling her Gwenyth Grace :)

bbylove21 responded:
i hear ya, I feel so guilty for not thinking something will go bad with this pregnancy?? i know it makes no sense, but i feel that if i don't worry i'll get devastating news.. but all i can do is be positive ..I have embraced my preggo-ness and already have to bby showers on the way..Crazy. I Kno my husband will not diss football to go to the baby store(GO BEARS Btw) ill just guilt trip him lol. hope everything goes well with registering and bby shower!!!!!
Adriana(21) DH(26) mc at 9 weeks in 5/22/10 BFP!! 9/25/10 EDD 6/29/10 Yay summer baby!! Chicago is cold! Yellow team

TeacherBeck responded:
(((hugs))) registering was really hard for me, too; I remember posting about it on here. I def had an emotional day, but it also ended up being super fun and made the pregnancy more real somehow... like helped me finally say this REALLY was going to happen this time :) I hope you end up enjoying it like I did. Can't believe you are 30 wks 3 days, wow!! My LO came at 37 wks 4 days... so you may not have too much longer! Yay!
Becky (30) DH (37) One brand-new LO, Juliet Christine came Dec 10th (EDD was 12/27), and she is PERFECT! TRIGS: 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09), story in profile.

NCOArmyWife responded:
I'm so sorry Mandy :( Who exactly is pressuring you to register? I understand that the invites are going out, but couldn't your MIL just tell people that gift cards would be appreciated? I think many people would understand, and to those that don't, oh well. On the other hand, like Becky said, it could become a fun day in the end. ::hugs::
Susan-27 DH-27, Layla-5 1/2, Carissa-4. M/C's: Jami 1/19/04, Leigh 10/2/08, Alex 12/8/08, Sam 1/23/09. BFP July 3 EDD 3-15-11 BLUE TEAM! Gabriel Michael

Gonnamissmyson replied to NCOArmyWife's response:
Oh im sorry Mandy. I know this is a little late but I registered online for my DD. It was a lot easier and there was no way the her dad was going to come with me to look at boring baby stuff lol. I think online would have been nice cause you could have unglued him from the tv during commercials to ask his input. Like I said, its probably to late and your already done, so im hoping it all went well and you are feeling better.
Me 26 DD 2 11/25/08 and TRIGS DS RIP @ 25 weeks due to a encephalocele and a diaphragmatic hernia 07/31/09 BFP 12/02/10!! EDD 08/01/2011 Hoping for a healthy baby, wouldnt hurt if I got my boy!

Mandy_Smiles responded:
I did it. I registered. It is done. I only had a few emotional moments and there were a few items on the list I couldn't bring myself to make a decision about (like the "bringing baby home outfit"). I am so relieved it is over and done with. Thanks for the support.
Mandy 26, DH 31, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, EDD 3/27/11 and we are thinking about calling her Gwenyth Grace :)

alb7585 replied to Mandy_Smiles's response:
I wouldn't worry about the "bringing baby home outfit." With DS ours was actually a gift that we recived about a week, maybe two, before we had it and it just seem to be perfect. I think it all somehow falls into place. However, it still amazes me that it falls into place. GL and enjoy your shower
Amanda (25), DF (26) and DS (3). Miscarriage July 2010 and BFP in August 2010. Stick baby!! EDD 05/8/2011

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (27) DH (31) DS (2) MC 11/09, 6/10

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.