Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Good to feel so Icky?
Amy_n_Matt posted:
Hello all you lovely ladies . . . I've been here before, several times actually, so while I feel old-hat at some things, I know nothing beats the support to be had here. Quick into - I'm Amy, apparently 5 weeks & 3 days along, due Oct 3rd. My husband and I have been married for over 6 years (eek!!) and have two beautiful children. Our DD is 4.5 yr old and a 2.5 yr old DS. Since we conceived our oldest while I was on the pill (happy surprise) we thought it would be super fast and easy to get pregnant again when we wanted to. But after stopping the mini-pill (I nursed both until they were 1), it took 6 months to get pregnant again, and miscarried very shortly after, before I got to 6 weeks. Shockingly, we were immediately blessed with the next successful pregnancy, which went very well. Now, after 8 months of trying, we may have another addition to the family. And I'm paranoid! On one hand, I feel very reassured that I've had strong pregnancy symptoms as well as the positive test (which I took 5 days after my period was due!), but I know how common miscarriages can be! My only symptom of the pregnancy I lost was the missed period. With my eldest, I didn't feel nausous and tired until 6-8 weeks, if I remember correctly, and I was so upset about the miscarriage that I didn't realize I was pregnant with my son until I was 8 weeks along so I have no idea what was depression versus pregnancy symptoms. This time, my boobs started hurting before my period was due. I've never had that - never for PMS or previous pregnancies, so that's all new. My exhaustion, I might have creditted to my work hours a couple weeks ago or the cold I had, but both are done and I'm still crashing early. And I've been pretty sick to my stomach for the last week, progressively taking over more of the day and getting stronger. So I *feel* pregnant in addition to the POS results. I'm hoping that's a good sign for the outcome of this pregnancy, but I'm going to be crazy nervous until I get close to the end of the trimester (and only slightly less crazy until I deliver a healthy baby!) So I'd appreciate any sticky vibes you send my way & will take full advantage of the support you offer! I will do my best to do the same in return! Thanks ladies! Oh - and if you're curious, we are going Yellow Team this turn. I was Yellow and my husband Green for our first/Pink, then we went Green/Blue last time. Now my husband has suggested going back Yellow this time so . . . fun, fun!! :D

marchbabee responded:
Well, first off, congratulations! I know your fears, as I had 2 m/c before this pregnancy. This will be our first baby, so it kind of took the excitement out of things and replaced it with fear with this one. The hardest part is not knowing what's going on in there. You don't feel it growing/moving, so I always though, there's something wrong...or I"m one bathroom trip away from seeing blood again, etc. But, I went to the doctors 2 weeks in a row (1 for a screening ultrasound and one for my d/a) and those set my mind at ease! I'm not at 14 weeks, and feel like this is really going to happen! Enjoy the ride and best of luck to you!

jedmonds12 responded:
Hi Amy! Welcome to the board :)
I'm sorry for your previous loss; everyone here knows how hard that can be. I'd like to say congratulations, though, since it seems you're in it for the long haul this time. It smacks of good things to come that you're already having so many symptoms.

With my first pg (and subsequent loss) I had no symptoms other than my missed period, and miscarried at 7 weeks. With this pg (now in week 29) I had nausea daily from about weeks 6-9, and was exhausted by 6 pm pretty much my entire first trimester. Most of us on this board take the "icky" symptoms as happily as the good ones because we can take it as a sign that things are progressing normally. But the little bit of "crazy" never really goes away, LOL.

Congratulations again, and I hope to see you around the board more. Wishing you a H&H 9 months and sending tons of sticky, healthy baby vibes your way!!
Julie (27) DF (34). One MC 5/10 at 7 wks. BFP 8/9/10! It's a boy!!! EDD 4/18/11

mel07430 responded:
Grad Lurking!

Congrats Amy!! I dont know if you remember me but we were on here together in 2008 when I had my DD. I am not preggo now...just had my son in November but I love this board so I lurk here and there.l

I hope you have a happy and healthy 9months ahead of you!

~Melissa
Melissa (36) DH (39) We have three angels in Heaven- 9/06, 1/07, 9/07. We have one beautiful daughter who is 2yo and a son who is 8 weeks.

Spotlight: Member Stories

In July of 2009 I lost my mom to colon cancer, that Autumn was a blur of heartache & trying to move on. In Dec, DH said let's start a family! ...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.