Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
A little late but...
jamiejo78 posted:
It's a girl!! Maya Jeanette was born Jan. 26th at 1:07 am at a healthy 8lbs. 11oz! Went to my OB on the 24th, the day after my due date to get all together to go in that night for induction. Got to hospital at 8pm and got hooked up and started on pitocin. Was still only 2cm dialated at that point. Got checked again at 4 am the next morning and was still at a 2 so they started to increase the pitocin. At 6:30 they started talking to me about an epidural bc I was in for a long day. Decided to try it and they got me the very best dr and it went in the first time, less than 10 min. OB came in around 8 and broke my water and I was at a 3-4 cm at that time. Went all day slowly progressing and Maya working her way down. By midnight, I was stuck at a 9.5 cm dialated and only 95 effaced. Maya had a few decels so the OB made the decision that I was going to have to have a csection. Got preped and rolled into OR and after 20 + hrs of labor, my beautiful baby girl entered the world! We are home now and adjusting well. My milk supply has not really come in so we are having to supplement with formula but I am pumping and giving her what I can. Her daddy and I are just in love with her! I cannot thank you ladies enough for your love and support through our journey. It has been the best and what I needed!
ME (32), DH (36), 3 stepchildren (12), (9), (6), two twin angel babies, Faith and Jenna-went home at 24 1/2 weeks on 7/26/2009 Baby K due 1/23/11

NCOArmyWife responded:
Awww! Congratulations on your baby girl!
Susan-27 DH-27, Layla-5 1/2, Carissa-4. M/C's: Jami 1/19/04, Leigh 10/2/08, Alex 12/8/08, Sam 1/23/09. BFP July 3 EDD 3-15-11 BLUE TEAM! Gabriel Michael

cheyenne828 replied to NCOArmyWife's response:
Yay Jamie! Thanks for the update and congratulations! I'm glad you're doing well at home. Keep us posted and enjoy your little bundle!
Pam 37, DH 37 ~ TTC 1 ~ BFP 5/29/09, MC 7/7/09 ~ BFP 12/14/09, early MC 12/20/09 ~ BFP 7/24/10, EDD 4/2/11, yellow team

jedmonds12 responded:
Yay, Jamiejo!! Congratulations! :) I'll be sure to update the List before this week's post!
Julie (27) DF (34). One MC 5/10 at 7 wks. BFP 8/9/10! It's a boy!!! EDD 4/18/11

dino44 responded:
Yay!! I've been waiting for your story! Congratulations! I'm glad you all are doing well :)
Me: Tabatha (28), DH: Paul (29), Angel Baby @ 13 weeks, PAL graduate!!!: Emma 4/3/09, PAL 2: BFP 4/24 keeping our fingers crossed for another Graduate. EDD 12/31/10! Saw hb on 5/17! YELLOW TEAM!

mel07430 responded:
Congrats!!!!!! Welcome to the world Maya!!! Enjoy every moment! :-)
Melissa (36) DH (39) We have three angels in Heaven- 9/06, 1/07, 9/07. We have one beautiful daughter who is 2yo and a son who is 8 weeks.

TeacherBeck responded:
Yaaaaaay! Been watching for this post! Congrats!

My milk came in kinda slow this time... I think for me it was stress and then (sorry, TRIGS) having her kinda sent me enotionally back to losing Jackson, so I was like sad and joyous at the same time, so we supplemented from day 4 or 5.
Personally I had a hard time with coming to terms that BFing may not work out for me, I wanted it to so bad, but for me it was a lot of feeding, pumping, supplementing, etc and she was gaining weight a little slowish. Last week I was ready to give up and had a good cry about it, and then it suddenly got WAY better. Oy! So now I am not sure what we are going to do, just keep it up for now and hope for the best. I hope yours gets better quick I know that can be stressful!

btw, I REALLY REALLY hope you join the PAL Grad board I really like it. At first the format threw me but now I really like it and there is TONS of great mommy advice on there.

CONGRATS girl!
Becky (30) DH (37) One brand-new LO, Juliet Christine came Dec 10th (EDD was 12/27), and she is PERFECT! TRIGS: 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09), story in profile.

Starla_94 responded:
Congrats!!!!
Christina (34) DH (38)- 1 D/S Oct-2003, M/C April 2010, M/C June 2010 (twins) BFP on 8/15/2010 Triplets 2 more angles (Sep 2010) and Baby Boy Bean - EDD 4/28/2011

LindzRenee responded:
YEAH!!! Congrats to you and welcome to the world little Maya!!!
Me 32 - DH 36 Bode Edward Born 11.3.2010! MC's 3/9, 4/9 and 10/9

MSettle78 replied to LindzRenee's response:
Congrats Love her name !

kris27me responded:
Congratulations!!! What a beautiful name :)
Kristin(26) DH(30) M/C August 2010...BFP November 2010

Mandy_Smiles responded:
Congratulations!!!
Mandy 26, DH 31, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, EDD 3/27/11 and we are thinking about calling her Gweneth Grace :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I started ttcing on 4/10 discovered after 4 months discovered hormonal problem took prednisone got pregnant 10/3/10 on 11/11/10 found out not hearbeat...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.