Skip to content
Elizabeth Fae Feb 24th 2011
cutenshort13 posted:
Short: Elizabeth arrived at 1250 pm weighing in at 8 lbs even and 21 inches long. She has a rather full head of hair and is the sweetest little girl ever!

Long: after getting the news at my d/a that I was going to be induced from bp and lack of movement I called DH to come get me from the drs office. I wasn't able to drive anymore. I couldn't fit behind the steering wheel. He met me right as I was leaving we ran home got stuff together. I had my bag packed already so it was just getting a few other things since we were in for a long night. We got to the hospital about 6:45 pm. .Got all settled. They started me on cytotec at 10 pm. I had to get my first dose vaginally. That was horrible. I also had to get checked without any sort of lubrication because the cytotec is a pill that dissolves very fast. Once I was given the cytotec and hooked up the the monitors I was at 1 cm 60% and a -2. And that's where I stayed until almost 6 am. I was given a total of 3 doses of cytotec. The second 2 I got to take in my mouth and let them dissolve in my cheek. I was waiting for right before I was going to get the pitocin started so I could take a bath. The cytotec started contractions that were fairly mild but most were no more than 2 min apart. They were also clustering contractions. I got up to pee about 5:45 am came back to lay down and had the most horrible pain ever. I think I may have actually gotten some air when I had jumped up from my bed screaming it hurts it hurts! The nurse came in pretty quick because I was off the monitors. She had me lie down to get checked to see if I had made any progress. It was so painful to lay down and as soon as she checked me she went to pull her hand out and I felt this warm gush. At first I thought maybe I peed but the warmth just kept coming. So I asked very confused if it was my water and she said yes. It was nice and clear fluid. Then the real painful contractions started and oh boy did they hurt! I was crying and hysterical every time they came they were super hard and intense. Nothing like I have ever felt before. They were maybe 2 min apart and getting closer. The nurse asked if I wanted my epidural now and I said yes. The magical anesthesiologist was in my room within 20 min had my epidural placed within 15 min and I hardly felt it going in. It was wonderful! I could marry him if DH weren't around. Once the epidural was in place I felt great! I was having contractions that were getting to close for LO to handle so they gave me some medicine to help slow them a bit. I started pushing about noon and LO arrived at 1250 pm. She came out with a nice full head of hair. She was a little stubborn at first and wouldn't cry but they got her to pink right up. When the nurse handed her to me a second time still without a diaper she peed all down my arm. Not just a little pee it's like a flood gate was opened. She is doing well. She does have some jaundice and is doing light therapy. We were having latching issues but have decided to pump and bottle feed. Right now I am having to supplement with formula but with each feeding we have to give less and less formula and she's been getting more and more from me. So hopefully in the next few days my milk will come in and we will get ride of all the formula!!
Sami (me)(21) DH (20) Rylie Taylor BFP 11/1/09 m/c 11/7/09. Two fur babies one palm mix and a hunting dog. BFP 6/15/10 EDD 2/24/11 PINK TEAM!!!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

NCOArmyWife responded:
A huge congrats on your baby girl!
Susan-27 DH-27, Layla-6, Carissa-4. M/C's: Jami 1/19/04, Leigh 10/2/08, Alex 12/8/08, Sam 1/23/09. BFP July 3 EDD 3-15-11 BLUE TEAM! Gabriel Michael

Mandy_Smiles responded:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome to the world Elizabeth Fae!!!
Mandy 26, DH 31, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, EDD 3/27/11 and we are thinking about calling her Gweneth Grace :)

bbylove21 responded:
Congrats on your baby girl!!!
Adriana(21) DH(26) mc at 9 weeks in 5/22/10 BFP!! 9/25/10 EDD 6/29/10 Yay summer baby!! Chicago is cold! Yellow team

coudymom responded:
Congratulations! So glad to hear all went well for you!
Me(33), DH(38), DS(10), DD(7) M/C 1/10, BFP 9/25/10 EDD 6/3/11

Hayswifey responded:
YAY!!!! Congrats on your little princess!!! :)

TeacherBeck responded:
CONGRATS!!! :)
Enjoy your baby girl!
Becky (30) DH (37) One brand-new LO, Juliet Christine came Dec 10th (EDD was 12/27), and she is PERFECT! TRIGS: 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09), story in profile.

LynnaeMarie responded:
How Wonderful! Congratulations!!!
Welcome sweet little Elizabeth!
Me (28) DH (34) M/C 2/23/10 at 12 weeks. Bailey

noelle1225 responded:
Congratulations!!!! So happy for a healthy baby:)

cutenshort13 replied to noelle1225's response:
I was able to sleep almost 5 hours without her waking up. But I was so sore from not pumping! We go get labs done today to see if she's getting better from the light therapy.
Sami (me)(21) DH (20) Rylie Taylor BFP 11/1/09 m/c 11/7/09. Two fur babies one palm mix and a hunting dog. BFP 6/15/10 EDD 2/24/11 PINK TEAM!!!

cheyenne828 replied to cutenshort13's response:
Congratulations Sami, thank you for your story!! Woo hoo!! Good luck with settling in, it will be wonderful!
Pam 37, DH 37 ~ TTC 1 ~ BFP 5/29/09, MC 7/7/09 ~ BFP 12/14/09, early MC 12/20/09 ~ BFP 7/24/10, EDD 4/2/11, yellow team

Babyhopes614 responded:
Yay! Congratulations on your sweet little girl.
Jennifer(23) DH(27) TTC Since 10/10. One pregnancy M/C 6 1/2 weeks 10/13. BFP 12/28! EDD 9/13/11

just1more1973 replied to cheyenne828's response:
Congrats on your new baby girl sounds like you had a great experience!!!!!
Jo (37) DH (39) DS (5) m/c 05/06 @8wks mc 12/09 twins @ 10wks trisomy 18 new bfp 09/29/09 here we go again ! EDD 06/08/11

MSettle78 replied to cheyenne828's response:
awe congrats ! so happy for you !

LindzRenee responded:
AWESOME! Congrats and welcome to the world, baby Elizabeth!
Me 32 - DH 36 Bode Edward Born 11.3.2010! MC's 3/9, 4/9 and 10/9

Spotlight: Member Stories

hi everyone my name is monica and im 27 yrs old and i have been married since jan. 2007 my husband and i have a 3 yrs old son born in 2008. we have be...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.