Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
BIRTH STORY! Better late than never...
Dylansmom04 posted:
Sorry this is 2 weeks late but I have been dealing with breastfeeding issues which lead to postpartum depression...plus my other DS's baseball season started last week...But here it is! It wasnt bad at alllllll.....

On February 28th I went in at 5:30am to be induced. They watch the baby on the monitor until 7:30am, checked me (i was still 1cm and 60% effaced...same as Friday before at dr appt) and then started the pitocin. They came in every 15min to turn it up...the contractions werent bad at all for a long time. My dr came in and broke my water when I was about 4cm and soon after that my contractions really started to get intense. Around 3:30 I did request an epidural. I wanted to try not to get one but my contractions hurt so bad and my body was shaking...at that point I was 5cm. 2hrs later I was 10cm and ready to push. I am glad I got my epidural when I did because I might have waited too long and been SOL! I pushed for 1hr, with lots of help from a mirror. I acutally had to get them to turn my epidural down because I couldnt feel the urge to push or feel where to push.

Tripp Alexander was born February 28th at 6:36pm. He was 8lbs 8oz, 20 1/4in. long, and his head circ. was 14in. I dont know how, but I didnt tear or anything and I didnt hurt afterward anywhere NEAR as bad as I did with DS (who was 5lb 14oz)...He has a head full of thick black hair...its probably over 1 1/2 inches long! He weighed 7lb 11oz 4 days later but as of yesterday he is now 9lbs. He is such a good baby and he is just precious!
Ashley 26 Chris 33 DS 6, m/c 12/2006 at 11w 2d, m/c 2/2007 at 5w, m/c 12/2009 at 10w 4d, m/c 3/2010 at 5 week. BFP June 24th, EDD March 4th, 2010 BLUE TEAM

MSettle78 responded:
Awe Congrads ! What a happy story very glad you have a new healthy baby boy Congrats Again ! Im hoping i Can post a good birth story with a happy healthy baby in a few months !
Me! Marissa (22) DH Matt (23) 2 Furbabies Bentley 4 and Myley 3... M/C Aug/10 at 5 weeks :( BFP 10/31/10 Due 07/11/11 Baby Boy Tyler Anthony ! :) Praying for happy healthy full term lively baby !

cheyenne828 replied to MSettle78's response:
Congratulations to you! I hope you've gotten your BF issues worked out. Just do what's best for you and try not to let it get you down. Come back and update us!

Pam
Pam 37, DH 37 ~ TTC 1 ~ BFP 5/29/09, MC 7/7/09 ~ BFP 12/14/09, early MC 12/20/09 ~ BFP 7/24/10, EDD 4/2/11, yellow team

marchbabee responded:
Congratulations to you and your evergrowing family :)

cutenshort13 responded:
Congrats!!!
Sami (me)(21) DH (20) Rylie Taylor BFP 11/1/09 m/c 11/7/09. Two fur babies one palm mix and a hunting dog. BFP 6/15/10 EDD 2/24/11 PINK TEAM!!!

Mandy_Smiles responded:
Congratulations Ashley! Welcome to the world Tripp! I am glad that you didn't have as much pain afterward as with your DS. I'm sorry you are having difficulty with BF'ing. It's a good thing you got the epidural when you did! Congrats again!
Mandy 26, DH 31, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, EDD 3/27/11 Gweneth Grace :)

LynnaeMarie responded:
I'm glad everything went well! Congratulations!
Me (28) DH (34) M/C 2/23/10 at 12 weeks. Bailey

Spotlight: Member Stories

In October 07 I had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks. It was one of the most physically and mentally painful things I have ever been through in my ent...More

Helpful Tips

More Than 2 Million Cribs Recalled by 7 Manufacturers
In a recent WebMD article itrecalled by Evenflo, Delta, and five other manufacturers. The recall swells to about 9 million the number of ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful