Skip to content
Tuesday Tempers! 3/22
Andie_WebMD_Staff posted:
What is the most annoying thing people have said or done to you so far in your pregnancy? It seems like our bellies become public property and our comments about our weight no longer need to be held inside.

Does your blood boil when every time you stand up for yourself you are told you're having an emotional preggo moment? Grrrr....

Cast your vote then give us all the details on what sets your temper off!
~Andie

Take the Poll

What is the most annoying thing people have said or done to you so far in your pregnancy?
  • Pat my tummy like it's not a part of MY body!
  • Make comments on how much weight I've gained or how BIG I look!
  • Accuse me of being a hormonal roller coaster as an excuse!
  • Tell me what I can/can't eat, say or do now that I'm PG!
  • Other: Tell us what ticks you off! :)
vote
View Poll Results

Starla_94 responded:
Other: Bean you aren't REALLY going to name your son BEAN are you??? Don't you have any REAL names picked out yet?

ERRRRRR.. don't get me started :)
Christina (34) DH (38)- 1 D/S Oct-2003, M/C April 2010, M/C June 2010 (twins) BFP on 8/15/2010 Triplets 2 more angles (Sep 2010) and Baby Boy Bean - EDD 4/28/2011

alb7585 responded:
Pat my tummy like it's not a part of MY body!::

I had some 30 year old DUDE come up and pat my tummy and talk to it ... it was CREEPY ... I felt totally molested
Amanda (25), DF (26) and DS (3). Miscarriage July 2010 and BFP in August 2010. Stick baby!! EDD 05/8/2011

MSettle78 responded:
I really dont like hearing WOW your huge ! Or Wow you look like your ready to pop ? Or I bet your ready ! IM like um no actually im 24 weeks and he still needs PLENTY time in mommy ! I dont look that big at ALL ! Im like normal oh my people leave me be ! The other day I got you look more like 7 1/2 months im like WHAT ? Or Are you SURE you dont have twins id ask your Dr to check again lol !
Me! Marissa (22) DH Matt (23) 2 Furbabies Bentley 4 and Myley 3... M/C Aug/10 at 5 weeks :( BFP 10/31/10 Due 07/11/11 Baby Boy Tyler Anthony ! :) Praying for happy healthy full term lively baby !

MSettle78 replied to MSettle78's response:
lol thanks for letting me VENT ! And I totally know what you mean Amanda People come up to me and say Can I PPPPLLLEEEEAAASSSSEEEE touch your belly and i feel bad so i kinda laugh and im like sure but i feel so aqward ! I told my husband and hes like WHAT dont let anyone touch your belly !
Me! Marissa (22) DH Matt (23) 2 Furbabies Bentley 4 and Myley 3... M/C Aug/10 at 5 weeks :( BFP 10/31/10 Due 07/11/11 Baby Boy Tyler Anthony ! :) Praying for happy healthy full term lively baby !

cheyenne828 replied to MSettle78's response:
Overall I've been pretty lucky with the comments and the molestation (LOL). However, this one guy at work INSISTED that I shouldn't be driving. He's French, so maybe they don't over there, but he would NOT let it drop. So I said, should I just stay home? He said no, you can take public transportation. So, I'm supposed to walk 1.5 miles to the train station (or take the bus), stand in the open air platform for god knows how long in the rain, snow, whatever, get on the train, where, because people suck, no one will give me their seat, be jostled and exposed to all the germs and then hoof it to my office from the station once I get there? NO THANK YOU!

I was so annoyed.
Pam 37, DH 37 ~ TTC 1 ~ BFP 5/29/09, MC 7/7/09 ~ BFP 12/14/09, early MC 12/20/09 ~ BFP 7/24/10, EDD 4/2/11, yellow team

LynnaeMarie responded:
Other: Only a handful of people know I'm expecting yet, but since MONTHS before this pregnancy every time I don't feel well everyone around me asks if I'm preggo again. How annoying!
Now that I am 8weeks, I've been lying when I don't feel well so people don't ask that stupid question. Yesterday I blamed not feeling well on allergies, it worked.
(& it will really annoy me when I do announce, & people will feel the need to say "I thought something was up" or "you seemed different". Hopefully some of my moodiness will fade by then, or it could get ugly!)
Me (28) DH (34) M/C 2/23/10 12 weeks. Bailey, Molly (pups). BFP 2/20/11! EDD 10/31/11!

marchbabee replied to LynnaeMarie's response:
Other: I think I'm my own worst enemy! I just get concerned that I'm too big. Yesterday was just one of those days where I felt like a beached whale! I said something to my husband, like "Oh man, today's a big day" and he's like, "News Flash! You're pregnant!" So, I'm probably being the hardest on myself. My MIL loves seeing my tummy, but hasn't touched it at all. My SIL's dad was the first one to just reach out and touch it, but it didn't bother me b/c he's not a stranger. Oh well! I feel like I'm just rambling!
Me(30), DH(29), 1 m/c at 5w, 2 m/c at 6w, BFP 11/24/10, EDD 8/4/11. Blue Team!

jedmonds12 replied to marchbabee's response:
Other: DF's family's comments on our name choices.

OMG, I understand that he's half Hawaiian and proud of it, I know how much it means to him that his son have a Hawaiian name. This is why baby is getting daddy's last name, even though we're not married. This is why we've picked a Hawaiian name that baby will go by. However, I am NOT Hawaiian. As much as I love the culture, and as much as I embrace it and enjoy it, I can never be Hawaiian.

And you know what? I'm proud of my own culture! I like being Norwegian, and although I may not like lutefisk or julekake, I'm proud of my ancestry and my family and I want baby to know there's more to him than Hawaiian.

Somehow, this ends up being interpreted by DF's family that I don't CARE what DF wants and I don't CARE about "the Hawaiian culture" because by wanting an English name in the mix (that has significance for ME), it "ruins" the meaning of the Hawaiian name.

And it shouldn't be about ME, apparently, or what I want for OUR son, it should be about the baby. And I'm thinking, "OK, so what if later on in life he's tired of spelling out Kawika for everybody? Or what if he just identifies more with his Norwegian side? Or what if he wants a more traditional name to put on a business card? Shouldn't he have that option?"

Apparently not, in their eyes. They just interpret it as me being selfish. So freaking frustrating. I can't believe this is still an issue.
Julie (27) DF (34). One MC 5/10 at 7 wks. BFP 8/9/10! It's a boy!!! EDD 4/18/11

Starla_94 replied to jedmonds12's response:
Julie.. easier said then done.. it is YOUR baby with your DF.. and his dna is HALF yours and HALF his .. whether the inlaws like it or not.. and you just do waht you do . and Don't worry about them.. they'll get over it.. is this selfish? no.. they are the ones being selfish not considering YOU have half the feelings here too..

My MIL didn't like my name picked out for a girl and i told hubby at the time.. I didn't care.. i'll take her suggestions but in the end its our decision not hers.. not like her names she picked up were great.. most came from her Smutty romance novels..
Christina (34) DH (38)- 1 D/S Oct-2003, M/C April 2010, M/C June 2010 (twins) BFP on 8/15/2010 Triplets 2 more angles (Sep 2010) and Baby Boy Bean - EDD 4/28/2011

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to jedmonds12's response:
Oh, wow...I had forgotten about the annoying comments about name choices for our LO's! I should have put that one on the poll!

LOL @ Amanda and her "molested" belly! It's true, you do feel so violated!!

Looks like the weight comments are winning in the poll. What else did I forget to add?
~Andie

Spotlight: Member Stories

Started Trying to conceive our first in Oct 08, We got great news in May 09 only to have a find out we had a missed M/C in June at 10wks. We went for ...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.