Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bittersweet day....poss triggers....
mrslee97658 posted:
[TRIGGER] Today was my due date from my miscarriage this last time :( I'm a little sad about it. I'm sitting here almost 21 weeks and thankful for that but I am still sad because I could have been holding my newborn today. I know that its pretty unlikely that the baby would have been born exactly today but it still saddens me nonetheless. I know once this new baby comes I will have some comfort then, but until then I just can't get excited...I know you ladies can understand.
Me Ruth(27), DH (42) DS1(11), DD(8), DS2(5), DS3(3) M/c 1@6wks 9/06,M/C 2 D&C @ 9 1/2 wks 8/31/10 BFP 11/23/10 EDD 8/4/11 hoping my little turkey sticks

coudymom responded:
Ruth, As hard as it is to believe, things will start to get a little bit easier from this point. You will never forget the baby you lost, but now that you have passed this date you will slowly be able to focus more on this new little one you are carrying. Slowly you will begin to think about this new one more and more and the one you lost less and less. I know for me personally I have had many moments that have been bitter-sweet. I have found that the more I focus on my little one kicking me and my other children the less time I have to think about my loss. Not sure if this helped at all, but know that I'll be thinking about you today and hoping all goes well for you. Michelle
Me(33), DH(38), DS(10), DD(7) M/C 1/10, BFP 9/25/10 EDD 6/3/11

mrslee97658 replied to coudymom's response:
[TRIGGER] Its just a little harder this time because it was our 2nd m/c. The first time I grieved harder but I didn't have time to really grieve because we got pregnant right away with my now 3 year old. This time it took longer so I had more time to grieve. I know part of it is not knowing what we're having yet. I think once I find out the sex I will become more focused on the new baby because at least then I can start buying things. The most we have bought so far are diapers so I guess it seems like we're not preparing yet. Thanks for your reply though it does help.
Me Ruth(27), DH (42) DS1(11), DD(8), DS2(5), DS3(3) M/c 1@6wks 9/06,M/C 2 D

LindzRenee responded:
[TRIGGER] (((((HUGE HUGS)))))

I know how hard that day was...still remember each due date and think that the week leading up to it is just as bad as the due date itself. I say, do something special for yourself. Go get a pedi and hold your hands on your belly the entire time and think about all the good times ahead! Hang in there, sweetie!

Side note, everytime I lurk on here and see your profile picture I remember how much I loved rainbow brite and it 'brightens' my day...cheesey, but true!
Me 32 - DH 36 Bode Edward Born 11.3.2010! MC's 3/9, 4/9 and 10/9

noelle1225 responded:
[TRIGGER] It is hard. Awfully hard. And it makes you worry if things will go ok too. But on the bright side, once you get past this you are on the downhill slide! over half way there and past this really tough day! You should be so proud of yourself! Good luck and hang in there bc better days are ahead.

coudymom replied to mrslee97658's response:
I completely understand not buying things yet. I am almost 7 months and my husband just painted the nursery 1 1/2 weeks ago. We have slowly been buying a few things over the past 2 months, but part of me still worries I might jinx it if I get too much. My MIL is planning a shower for me on April 9th and I just hope I can get through it OK. Anyway, I hope things go smoothly for you from here on out.
Me(33), DH(38), DS(10), DD(7) M/C 1/10, BFP 9/25/10 EDD 6/3/11

cheyenne828 replied to coudymom's response:
Ditto to the PP, I did not start buying things until I started my 7th month. For all the same reasons...afraid to buy too much as it might jinx it all.

I hope you are feeling a little bit better as the day goes on. We all understand, we've all been there. Big hugs to you!
Pam 37, DH 37 ~ TTC 1 ~ BFP 5/29/09, MC 7/7/09 ~ BFP 12/14/09, early MC 12/20/09 ~ BFP 7/24/10, EDD 4/2/11, yellow team

marchbabee replied to cheyenne828's response:
Ruth, we're here for you. Totally understandable how you're feeling. Huge hugs coming your way due date buddy!
Me(30), DH(29), 1 m/c at 5w, 2 m/c at 6w, BFP 11/24/10, EDD 8/4/11. Blue Team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

hi everyone my name is monica and im 27 yrs old and i have been married since jan. 2007 my husband and i have a 3 yrs old son born in 2008. we have be...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.