Skip to content
PG after loss
shematt posted:
I saw the + and burst into tears. I had a mc at 8 wks two years ago. This is the first + since then and I am still terrified I will lose this little one :( I know my feelings are totally normal, but still I can't help but feel nervous more than excited...

LindzRenee responded:
Grad lurking...

First of all, sorry for your loss. But congrats on your BFP! I don't think anyone who has ever suffered a loss will ever feel totally normal about it - but that's okay! That's what the ladies here are for! For me, I was sure something was going to happen and was finally able to let my guard down a little at 24w. Even then I still felt like 'something' was going to happen...you'll be able to take a deep breath and relax a little when you've got your LO in your arms, then it'll be on to a whole new set of worries. Anywho, CONGRATS and enjoy every minute of this as much as you can! ((((HUGS))))
Me 32 - DH 36 Bode Edward Born 11.3.2010! MC's 3/9, 4/9 and 10/9

bbylove21 responded:
Congrats on your BFP!!!!! Nothing but positiveness from now on missy!!! Hoping 9 happy and healthy months for you !!!!
Adriana(21) DH(26)Furry baby Lola (3yrs old shih-pom).. mc at 9 weeks in 5/22/10 BFP!! 9/25/10 EDD 6/29/10 Yay summer baby!! Chicago is cold! Yellow team

cheyenne828 replied to bbylove21's response:
Congrats and welcome!! I was nervous for weeks and months, but things get better after each Drs appt and milestone. This group is great and I'm glad you've found us. Sign up on the weekly list and we'll take it from there!
Pam 37, DH 37 ~ TTC 1 ~ BFP 5/29/09, MC 7/7/09 ~ BFP 12/14/09, early MC 12/20/09 ~ BFP 7/24/10, EDD 4/2/11, yellow team

noelle1225 responded:
Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting :)
I understand how you feel. I think I actually felt like at least when I wasn't pg I didn't have to worry about an mc. When I first got the I was almost numb. It was a few weeks before I caught myself talking to the lo. It just popped out one day while I was all alone and I thought, well, so much for trying to not get attached :) Good luck and H&H nine months!

marchbabee replied to noelle1225's response:
Noelle couldn't have put it better. I was the exact same way. But, as I started reacing milestones, passing up m/c dates, seeing the little bean for the first time on u/s, hearing the heartbeat, etc., you start toget more and more comfortable. I'm now 21w and even back at 18w when I was looking at nursery furniture I confided in my husband, what if I'm jinxing this. What if I order, and we go in for our 20w u/s and something's wrong. While he said he totally understands my fears, everything will be fine, and I just have to believe it. And it is!
Congrats on your and here's to a sticky and healthy 9 months!
Me(30), DH(29), 1 m/c at 5w, 2 m/c at 6w, BFP 11/24/10, EDD 8/4/11. Blue Team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

hey everyone, my name is serena. i'll be 25 years old in july and have been in a committed relationship for almost seven years(end of aug). he is ...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.