Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

PLEASE NOTE: If you are not yet pregnant click here to check out one of our other pregnancy communities.
    could i ovulate if i just got pregnant?
    An_218290 posted:
    Hi if i were to have gotten pregnant while on my period would i still ovulate?? i've just been worried my period was almost 2 weeks ago and my cramps haven't stopped, i should start ovulating in 2 days but usually by now my breast are sore and they aren't..i just don't know if it's cause i could be pregnant.

Take the Poll

Can i ovulate if i just got pregnant a week and a half ago?
    • Yes
    • No
    vote
    View Poll Results

phoenixfire76 responded:
    No you would NOT ovulate if you are indeed pregnant.

Best of Luck.

GigiSage replied to phoenixfire76's response:
    Actually you can ovulate several times in a cycle - which many times faternal twins were conceived a few days apart. You can also ovulate while pregnant it is called hyperovulation - although this is EXTREMELY rare and while you can become pregnant a second time because of this the window is mere weeks since your mucus plug developes and keeps everything sealed.

gbakrimi replied to phoenixfire76's response:
    yeah there was a story a few months ago about a couple that was 4 weeks Pregnant and and she end up pregnant again during that pregnancy, and she had to deliver the second child about 4 weeks early

Helpful Tips

Easing Early Pregnancy NauseaExpert
    For many women, eating a small snack every hour or two will keep nausea to a minimum. Almost any food will do, but nuts are a great choice, ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    41 of 56 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.