Skip to content


PLEASE NOTE: If you are not yet pregnant click here to check out one of our other pregnancy communities.
Includes Expert Content
luckybe posted:
hi im 24 weeks pregnant and have noticed that my boobs have started to this normal and if so is there a way to stop it or do i just try to use pads to prevent it from showing
MNMommy3 responded:
It is very normal to have some leaking. Yes, just use nursing pads in your bra to absorb it.
~Kelly (31), DB (30), DS (12), DS (5), EDD 01/09/11.
Robert O Atlas, MD responded:
This can absolutely happen. We don't recommend you manipulate the breasts. The other person is correct, just wear a nursing pad to absorb the milk.

If you have any questions, you should discuss this with your physician.
SmallFrey87 replied to Robert O Atlas, MD's response:
My doctor told me that if I begin lactating again(I lactated for about two weeks when I concieved but it stopped) that I should pump if my breasts got engorged since I tend to get swollen/sore glands very easily and they are severely painful. Is he right?
Lavarra responded:
I am not pregnant and have no plans of becoming pregnant but my left breast has been leaking fluids for almost a month. At 44 years old I don't think that pregnancy is in the picture for me.
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to Lavarra's response:
Hi Lavarra -

Pop over to our Women's Health Community and repost your concerns. We have a wonderful expert over there, Jane Harrison-Honer, to possibly respond.

Hoping you find answers soon,
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Featuring Experts

Sarah McMoyler, RN, BSN and mother, is the founder of McMoyler Method. As a specialist in labor and delivery nursing for more than 20 years, McMoyler ...More

Helpful Tips

Easing Early Pregnancy NauseaExpert
For many women, eating a small snack every hour or two will keep nausea to a minimum. Almost any food will do, but nuts are a great choice, ... More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 55 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.