Lack of HCG with Decidual Bleeding
im4him posted:
Hello Everyone,
I am a 40 year old mother of 9 (9 pregnancies, 7 singletons, 1 set of twins, 1 miscarriage). I had a tubal ligation in 2003 with the birth of my youngest.
In the first part of July 2010 I had my monthly menstruation. I am very consistent (28 days). I had unprotected sex around the 2cd/3rd week of July. I started feeling nauseous the end of July/August in a way that reminded me of when I was pregnant with my twins. I took a home preg. test and received a negative result. I went on to have what I thought was a normal period. Throughout the last few months I continued to develop ALL of the pregnancy symptoms that I had while pregnant with my other children. I also continued to have bleeding on a consistent basis. Now, my size 6 jeans are no longer of use to me. I went out and bought a size 12 and even those are tight around my stomach. After receiving the negative HPT, I began to research perimenapause and it's symptoms, however about 2 weeks ago I began to feel movement. Typically the movement happens several times a day and is exactly the same as feeling a baby move in your womb. I did go in for a blood serum pregnancy test this last week and that showed a negative result as well. I am scheduled to see an ob/gyn tomorrow. By question is if anybody has had decidual bleeding throughout pregnancy and if so, did you have a negative blood serum test during second/ third trimester? Thank you.

StarryGrrl responded:
I don't have any experience with this, but I wanted to wish you all the best and I hope you are able to get some answers tomorrow. Hopefully your doctor will do an ultrasound to see exactly what is going on inside you. Let us know how it turns out.

im4him replied to StarryGrrl's response:
Thank you very much for your kind words. The appointment went well . . . . still negative pg test. I was told that my uterus felt firm and in pregnancy it us usually soft. I am scheduled for two ultrasounds (pelvic and abdominal) on November 9th. Also my GFR for kidneys came back at 87.9 however my BUN and Creatinine were both in normal range. I was referred to a different doctor concerning that. I will post the ultrasound results :-)