Pilonidal Cyst and Tarlov Cyst
An_254239 posted:
I am a 34 year old expectant mother. This is my 2nd child & I will have to have a c-section again because of issues with my tailbone. Over the past couple of years I have had to have 4 Pilonidal cyst lanced. I was told today that after the birth of my son I will have to have surgery to correct this issue. I have been doing some research and came across an article on Tarlov cyst. They seem to match more of my symptoms but I do get Pilonidal abscesses. Can Tarlov cyst cause Pilondial cyst? Could these cyst be due to trauma caused by my first delivery (the doctors did not know I had issues with my tailbone and would need a c-section until after I had been in labor for over 24 hours)? Also, I cannot remember what the issue with my tailbone is called that caused me to have to have c-sections. Has anyone else had to have a c-section because of their tailbone and, if so, do you know the name of the issue?

sdadkin responded:
I had a Pilonidal cyst a couple of years before having my first child. It was very painful and I didn't know what it was at first. I went to the ER and they lanced (that was worse than labor pain!) and they told me it was most likely caused by an ingrown hair that got infected. I was told that unless I had surgery to have the cyst removed that it would more than likely keep coming back. I definitely didn't want to go through that pain again, so I went ahead and had the surgery. It wasn't so bad. Two years later I got pregnant with my first son and I was able to have him vaginally. And two years after that I had my second son vaginally as well. And since I had the surgery to remove the cyst it has not returned.

Sorry I didn't really answer your question. I have never heard of Tarlov cyst before. Hopefully once you have the surgery you won't have any more problems with the cysts!!