Could I be pregnant
An_255178 posted:
I have been taking birth control a year now. I started taking them in jan 2013. In dec I got my period a week earlier than normal but still continued to keep taking the rest of them. I noticed that my period was a lot heavier and lasted longer than normal. I did not have sex at all for the month of dec and I can't remember what day I got my period on. I usually don't have to keep track of it but dec was my last script and I have to go see my doctor and get a new one. I did have sex in jan on the 9th and again recently but had my bf pull out. So I don't know when I am supposed to be due. I feel like I'm going to get my period but I have also felt that way when I found out I was pregnant with both my kids. Is it possible for me to be pregnant ,or could my cycle be screwed up from not taking my birth control since I was taking it for a year? I'm worried . Should I go get a test to be sure?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
It's common to skip a period (or several) when stopping birth control. Wait until it's been at least two weeks since you had sex then take a test.